Heart of Midlothian v Partick Thistle, 22/08/2015

Thistle fans calling hearts a 'diddy team' :lol:

Partick thistle and the 8 fans that watch them are the very definition of irrelevance. :lol::lol:

Fan, singular. One fan none of us like or agree with.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst this is one of the cleverest posts I've ever seen on here, I'm not giving it a greenie as it suggests hubris is a bad thing.

:lol::thumsup2

Well this thread is disappointingly friendly

Warm memories of a May evening in 2014, probably. Same scoreline would be handy.

We could still be missing a few bodies but we should be close to our first choice starting XI. I'm not sure if Archie will go with a tighter 4-5-1 or the more attacking line up from Saturday. If Abzy is fit we have a relatively strong bunch of central midfielders compared to our hosts who could be missing Prine Buaben and Jimmy Gomis.

I'd probably go with the following as nothing ventured nothing gained in this game.

Cerny

Miller Frans Seaborne Booth

Welsh © Bannigan

Amoo Stevenson Lawless

Doolan

Subs: Scully, Hendry, Fraser, Osman, Wilson, Pogba, Kingsley

If Abzy is fit we have a relatively strong bunch of central midfielders compared to our hosts who could be missing Prine Buaben and Jimmy Gomis.

:unsure:

Gomis is fine and Neilson said today that Buaben should be too.

Maybe one day you'll learn to call us Thistle, but nice sentiments from a Midlothian fan, thanks ;)

Partick aren't even from Partick. They're the Maryhill men although not technically Maryhill either. If memory serves from my student days of living next to Firhill, it's in Queen's Cross. They are next to the canal though.

Partick aren't even from Partick. They're the Maryhill men although not technically Maryhill either. If memory serves from my student days of living next to Firhill, it's in Queen's Cross. They are next to the canal though.

Same. Stayed at Raeberry Street for 3 years. Is it not more Kelvinsidy than Maryhilly?

For one the League fixtures have been arranged for the supporter's benefit. Getting Thistle through to Edinburgh during the Festival will allow them to support the Harry Wraggs as well as taking in some Peruvian mime artist performing Don Quixote.

For one the League fixtures have been arranged for the supporter's benefit. Getting Thistle through to Edinburgh during the Festival will allow them to support the Harry Wraggs as well as taking in some Peruvian mime artist performing Don Quixote.

Peruvian mime is sooooooo last year!

I've just checked the fixtures and see that the Thistle v Hearts game has also been scheduled for the benefit of the away support. It's on the 31st of October (Halloween) thus ensuring our guests are not unduly mocked by for their freakish appearance as they wander through Glasgow's leafy Westend.

Archived