Heart of Midlothian v Partick Thistle, 22/08/2015

It is good to see.

Are their lower prices in effect or is this just the crest of a wave from a very enjoyable season?

Impressive either way of course.

Think it's basically just the feel good factor since Ann Budge took over.

Most of our games in the Championship last season were sell-out's too.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our games against the part-timers weren't sellouts and they also had pretty tiny away supports, understandably. We were still getting over 15,000 Hearts fans into the ground every fortnight, though.

Why have we only 750 tickets, are Hearts filling their ground this year back in the big time?

It's not so much about the big time

We were using bits of what's nominally "The away end" for home support last season.

It's just as much about the general upbeat feeling after surviving a near death experience and saving the club.

Thistle have actually handled it not too badly after a slight initial hiccup.

The announcement on Saturday should have been on the website that we had received 740 tickets from Hearts and that we were unlikely to get more so given that we took 1200ish through on our last 2 trips it was likely to sell out.

Therefore these would be on sale through whatever channels pre (and maybe post if resources allow) the Killie game to allow for non-internet / phone sales.

Instead it was on twitter that they would be available at the ground til 1.30pm on Saturday, then this changed til 3pm, then they replied to one guy who asked if you could buy online saying yes rather than tweet it publicly. I’m not sure if there was an announcement at the game- if there was I was in the North Stand so can’t hear the PA there anyway- to let folk know about it either.

I think it took a while after that to get something on the website, but it doesn’t seem to have hindered too many folk.

Zero problem with Hearts cutting the allocation to the minimum as all the home end tickets will still sell out, I’d be over the moon if we could do that, sadly without bulldozing the JH it’s not going to happen.

edit: away end now sold out.

It is good to see.

Are their lower prices in effect or is this just the crest of a wave from a very enjoyable season?

Impressive either way of course.

Prices have stayed roughly the same regardless of the division we were in.

The cheapest seats are some of the cheapest in the top flight: £18 pitch for level behind the goal for Dundee or Partick (or Falkirk or Cowdenbeath)

The most expensive are amongst the most expensive in the League: £32 for the top half of the middle of the Wheatfield for Aberdeen or Celtic (or Hibs or Rangers)

It's not so much about the big time

We were using bits of what's nominally "The away end" for home support last season.

It's just as much about the general upbeat feeling after surviving a near death experience and saving the club.

Looking forward to it even more knowing it'll be full.

Question for Jags, have we been involved in any sell outs since we beat Morton in the championship winning year?

Question for Jags, have we been involved in any sell outs since we beat Morton in the championship winning year?

Think we sold out our allocation on our first trip to New St Mirren Park.

5 visits to Parkhead :whistle

Savile Seville Calculator

If just for away allocation the first visit to St Mirren park was pretty close? :huh:

None of those games were total sell-outs tho despite what Celtic announce the figures as (neither was the Morton game, tho the home end couldn't have been far off). Last one I think was the diddy cup final 3 days before the Morton game.

Thistle have actually handled it not too badly after a slight initial hiccup.

The announcement on Saturday should have been on the website that we had received 740 tickets from Hearts and that we were unlikely to get more so given that we took 1200ish through on our last 2 trips it was likely to sell out.

Therefore these would be on sale through whatever channels pre (and maybe post if resources allow) the Killie game to allow for non-internet / phone sales.

Instead it was on twitter that they would be available at the ground til 1.30pm on Saturday, then this changed til 3pm, then they replied to one guy who asked if you could buy online saying yes rather than tweet it publicly. I’m not sure if there was an announcement at the game- if there was I was in the North Stand so can’t hear the PA there anyway- to let folk know about it either.

I think it took a while after that to get something on the website, but it doesn’t seem to have hindered too many folk.

Zero problem with Hearts cutting the allocation to the minimum as all the home end tickets will still sell out, I’d be over the moon if we could do that, sadly without bulldozing the JH it’s not going to happen.

edit: away end now sold out.

It was kinda weird how social media was the way that folk heard the tickets were on sale via the secret ticketing web address (nowhere to be found on the main club website). I reckon at least half the tickets must have been sold by the time the club had an item on the website.

It was kinda weird how social media was the way that folk heard the tickets were on sale via the secret ticketing web address (nowhere to be found on the main club website).

Not taking anything away from the main point, but I just browsed to the ticket website via the official site in about three clicks. Should be one I grant you.

It's all about the day out. A point or three will add to the jolly 8)

I hope the weather is half decent as I'm in Lower half, Section M, towards the front. Is that the bit next to the main stand or behind the goal? :huh:

It's all about the day out. A point or three will add to the jolly 8)

I hope the weather is half decent as I'm in Lower half, Section M, towards the front. Is that the bit next to the main stand or behind the goal? :huh:

You'll be kicking about near the corner flag, chief.

Where’s good to go for a few pre match beers tomorrow, trying to find somewhere that is busy but not “10 minutes to get served” busy. Don't think Nizzy got an answer earlier in the thread.

With the festival being on I’m guessing the pubs near the train station like Ryrie’s will be pretty full and with the game being a sell out the pubs near the ground on Gorgie Road will be more so- in fact I think some of them don’t let away fans in anyway (Tynecastle Arms and Robertson’s anyway, tho I’m sure the latter has been renamed / improved).

Are we best heading up towards Fountainbridge or does it not really matter?

Archived