The Big Renfrewshire Derby: Greenock Morton v The Spoon-Burners

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Duffy can get to f**k.

I want a blood and thunder over-the-top-and-into-them approach.

None of this patient shite.

Took the words right out my mouth. I hate the "cool heads" cliche that's wheeled out on derby day. I want the above too. Controlled aggression is the key. Step forward Ricky Lamie. :angel

Absolutely love the guy. He was a better footballer than he got credit for. Take a look at his goal in that 3-2 video from 99/00 posted earlier, that took some skill.

He nearly had us resigned to a second season in the Third division. I was on a school trip and received a text saying "2-1 Rovers. Yardley winner. Shite". Had a bunch of weans wondering why I was muttering curses at my phone. Thankfully the finger of fate saw Davie MacGregor get injured and miss the last five games, which we won without conceding.

Work today is just a big obstruction, but at least it'll pass the time.

Feels like Christmas morning.

I'm even missing the Alba coverage, sadly - on a flight down south at 8pm. But looks like there'll be some atmosphere. Mad jelly of everyone who's going.

Oh, and who gives a f**k about relegation... did any St Mirren fan look forward to a single game last season as much as this one?

What age are you .You sound like a right moron.

Ach, cut folk a break. For a lot of folk on this thread it will be their first actual proper Renfrewshire Derby. I can get the young guys enthusiastic approach to it as it was the way most of us felt about our opponents in our youths. ;)

Ach, cut folk a break. For a lot of folk on this thread it will be their first actual proper Renfrewshire Derby. I can get the young guys enthusiastic approach to it as it was the way most of us felt about our opponents in our youths. ;)

I'm 59 and a half, m8789

Archived