Next Dundee United Manager

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Again, has this actually been confirmed as true? As far as I know we asked to speak to two managers and then were told no, the compensation thing then appeared as a reason as to why we wouldn't go for either manager.

Eh? You tried to speak to two employed managers, obviously aware youd have to pay compo.

He wasn't ahead of them or behind them, they were all on the shortlist of people we wanted to interview. Is it really that difficult to understand a club wanting to interview a number of candidates for a job?

Why waste time trying to speak to their clubs before even speaking to the managers if youve already interviewed, and seemingly decided, thta Mixus worthy of the job?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My prediction of Utd going down is more in hope than expectation tbh. There's no danger I'm taking that bet when you've got shite like Motherwell and Thistle hovering about.

Mind you said to bookmark the f**k out of your mob finishing above us a couple of weeks ago - I'll do a charity bet on that.

Oi you* :angry:

We're shite but so is half the league if they lose one or two of their best performers :(

Better hope Bain and Stewart aren't away in January m9 ;)

Eh? You tried to speak to two employed managers, obviously aware youd have to pay compo.

If you were granted to speak to them in the first place that is. We weren't with Wright and originally we weren't with Hughes (before the bizarre last minute change of heart that ended up meaning nothing). Compensation doesn't mean much if you haven't even reached the interview stage.

No, it's not. What is difficult to understand is if you were only wNting Hughes or Wright for an interview and were simply told 'No'.. Why did it take so long to appoint to appoint (your supposed) only other person on the shortlist?

We were told no by St Johnstone straight away. Clearly we were negotiating with ICT for a good few days for permission to speak to Hughes, eventually decided it wasn't worth it and hired someone else. Seems pretty simple to me

We were told no by St Johnstone straight away. Clearly we were negotiating with ICT for a good few days for permission to speak to Hughes, eventually decided it wasn't worth it and hired someone else. Seems pretty simple to me

A good few days? Oh my.

Why waste time trying to speak to their clubs before even speaking to the managers if youve already interviewed, and seemingly decided, thta Mixus worthy of the job?

Ffs. Maybe we thought he was worthy of the job but wanted to speak to others to see if they might be even better? It tends to be how hiring people works.

Your 'a good few days' will probably win you Understatement of the year award, 2015.

From McNamara leaving till Mixu being appointed took 16 days, you can't seriously be telling me you think that's an overly long time to make an appointment?

There's been a ton of stuff about Utd in the last 9 - 10 months that has been shambolic but the process of hiring a new manager hasn't been one of them.

All I can think of when this guy starts talking is the traditional Georgian roof light detail.

Just thought you'd all like to know. He's clearly as bright as a dirty one of them though.

I never said 16 days is a long time to hire someone, it is a long time to ask for permission to talk to someone when your definitely first choice was sitting twiddling their thumbs.

Who said he was first choice? You seem to be struggling with the concept that maybe there wasn't a first, second, third... choice to begin with. There was a list of people we wanted to interview and one of those people got the job.

Who said he was first choice? You seem to be struggling with the concept that maybe there wasn't a first, second, third... choice to begin with. There was a list of people we wanted to interview and one of those people got the job.

I'm not struggling at all, I'm debating against other folk saying that Wright and Hughes weren't in front of Mixu. Why would your chairman waste his time, the club's time and therefor potentially lose out on Mixu by making him wait, just to ask Hughes along for an interview? (you've claimed United dropped their interest with Wright at first refusal)

Are the dabs really suggesting that they would have interviewed Wright if they got permission to speak to him and then not have given him the job?

No club in the history of the world has ever asked for permission to speak to another club's manager and then not appointed them.

Btw, Apologies to jagfox for earlier. Obvz I meant Kilmarnock. Stupid autocorrect.

Ffs. Maybe we thought he was worthy of the job but wanted to speak to others to see if they might be even better? It tends to be how hiring people works.

So you interview him on the Monday and decide he'd be acceptable as a manager. You then spend the rest of the week trying to interview two other managers who'll cost far, far more because you think they might be more suitable than someone youve decided is suitable? Or did you interview him, realise theres two other managers you wanted more, fail to get them and then fall back on him?

Its laughable to suggest he wasnt at least third choice for the job, if he wasnt he'd have been hired instead of all the faffing about with Wright and Hughes.

Wright was patently the preferred candidate. Think it was a toss up between Mixu and Hughes after that. Similar situation with McNamara and Pressley last time, with B. Snake opting for Jacqueline at the last minute.

Hobson's choice, that one.

Archived