Next Dundee United Manager

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Clearly United wanted him. No doubt Motherwell wanted him. Looking around the rest of the top flight I expect he'd have been in demand for any vacancies which arose (Ceptic excepted). Certainly his CV stands favourable comparison with pretty much every manager in the division. Even an idiot troll should be able to see that.

Is this your best material?

Aye,done f**k all in a year and a half at Hibs, took Kilmarnock to midtable and sacked by Finland. Never finished higher than 5th. Even for a fanboy this is taking it to extremes.

wiggo.png

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye,done f**k all in a year and a half at Hibs, took Kilmarnock to midtable and sacked by Finland. Never finished higher than 5th. Even for a fanboy this is taking it to extremes.

wiggo.png

tbf Hibs fans would probably take that year and a half of f**k all over what followed next...

wiggo.png

Or he was above average at Hibs (4th, 10th, 11th, 7th, 11th, doon, since he left), took Kilmarnock to their joint highest finish in the last 10 years and has the 2nd highest win % of any manger in the history of the Finnish national side.

Or he was above average at Hibs (4th, 10th, 11th, 7th, 11th, doon, since he left), took Kilmarnock to their joint highest finish in the last 10 years and has the 2nd highest win % of any manger in the history of the Finnish national side.

"He took Kilmarnock to mid table".

Aye, from 11th the season before. For which he won Manager of the Year.

"He took Kilmarnock to mid table".

Aye, from 11th the season before. For which he won Manager of the Year.

Whilst being allowed to spunk quite a bit of cash.

His Cowdenbeath records good, I suppose. Wonder if he's any more brothers he can bring in?

Love the big man, Wright was my first choice but delighted with Mixu, his first interview on Arabzone hopefully set the tone for the remainder of the season. Paton following the party line in his interview with the BBC too.

Whilst being allowed to spunk quite a bit of cash.

His Cowdenbeath records good, I suppose. Wonder if he's any more brothers he can bring in?

He spent very little at Killie. His first choice team consisted of 3 loanees and 8 guys who were part of the team who almost got relegated the season before. We signed a few players in January, but those were funded by the sale of Conor Sammon.

Sammon was one of a number of players who improved massively under his management. Jamie Hamill and Mehdi Taouil were both excellent and earned moves to Hearts as a result. Liam Kelly and Craig Bryson also made huge strides under Mixu's guidance.

He left with 8 games of the season left, and at that stage we were well in contention for Europe. The arse fell out of our season after he left - we didn't win another game.

The idea that he did anything other than a superb job at Killie is nonsense. Whether or not he would have replicated it in his second season is up for discussion, but that was the best Killie team I have ever seen - much better than the one which won the League Cup the following season.

Archived