Next Dundee United Manager

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better than Hughes? You mean better than someone who has won the Scottish Cup, qualified for Europe and finished higher than Dundee United with a fraction of your budget all while playing attractive football? If Dundee United are in the market for someone who has achieved more than that in Scottish football you'll be looking for quite a while.

I think it was you yourself who explained how cushy a position it is to be the ICT manager. Excellent backing from the chairman, location means he's out of the spotlight, moderate expectations, etc. So yes, someone who can do a job at Dundee United under different circumstances, and I doubt that's Hughes.

I think it was you yourself who explained how cushy a position it is to be the ICT manager. Excellent backing from the chairman, location means he's out of the spotlight, moderate expectations, etc. So yes, someone who can do a job at Dundee United under different circumstances, and I doubt that's Hughes.

He achieved what you're looking for at Hibs in a pressurised environment. Always thought he was let go a bit soon from there.

Think it will be Mixu or Hughes if Wright is staying at St Johnstone. To be honest anyone we appoint is a gamble, out of those 2 maybe best just take Mixu seeing as he speaks something resembling English.

True, although Hughes already has experience at Hibs and Falkirk where he did pretty well which hasn't been the case with our previous managers who have moved on. I don't want to see him go but I think he's towards the upper end of the managers United could attract and I think he would do well there.

Hughes' perceived 'thickness' counts against him in Scottish football circles for some reason, luckily our chairman looked past that.

Regardless of the truth of things and whether hes staying or going, its hilarious how quickly United fans have turned to "shite boring tactics", "achieved nothing" and "small club" chat

Regardless of the truth of things and whether hes staying or going, its hilarious how quickly United fans have turned to "shite boring tactics", "achieved nothing" and "small club" chat

I've never noticed before but in your sig is Easton holding a Utd scarf? :lol:

I'm mildy pleased St Johntone have been so easily goaded into blowing their January transfer budget improving Tommy's contract. Bottom six incoming....

January transfer budget, what is that? When was the last time we paid for any new players?

I am still not convinced Tommy Wright won't be the Dundee United manager in the next few days.

January transfer budget, what is that? When was the last time we paid for any new players?

I am still not convinced Tommy Wright won't be the Dundee United manager in the next few days.

It looks 80% more likely he will be staying at Saints.

In terms of my interest in this, that makes the likely fallout should he pull a U-turn and move to Taysides 3rd team 80% funnier.

I fully expect RG to take any statement Tommy makes upon signing a new deal, give it a fancy font and superimpose it onto a picture of Tommy showing real passion for the club - most likely holding the Scottish Cup. An Arab will be expectd to do similar with the Utd scarf photo if he jumps ship.

I've never noticed before but in your sig is Easton holding a Utd scarf? :lol:

Its mixed scarfs for the Final i think. May and Nigel have them on for the trophy presentation...

To be fair like most teams the budget will be earmarked to wages for frees and loan players.

oooft - sums up the plastic nature of both clubs for me :thumbsdown:(:green

Dundee fan oblivious to what happens in big matches all over the footballing world....shocker. Guess they didn't bother with mixed scarfs for the Challenge Cup then?

True, although Hughes already has experience at Hibs and Falkirk where he did pretty well which hasn't been the case with our previous managers who have moved on. I don't want to see him go but I think he's towards the upper end of the managers United could attract and I think he would do well there.

Hughes' perceived 'thickness' counts against him in Scottish football circles for some reason, luckily our chairman looked past that.

Sentimental choices aside (McKinlay, Mckinnon, Cathro, Dailly involved somehow) Hughes would be my first choice, followed by Mixu, Wright or McCall, probably in that order.

Archived