Next Dundee United Manager

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To be fair like most teams the budget will be earmarked to wages for frees and loan players.

The thing that we do different from most teams is holding a steady squad rather than turning the squad around every 18 months. Unless we have a new manager I don't see the need at present to sign anyone in January bar starting to sign players for the following season.

its probably part of the reason for the success over the last few years. Our better players are ignored and seem happy to stay so there is then no need to rebuild or panic buy as the likes of Ross County have had to do a few January windows. In United's case the cash on offer had meant this could not happen.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dundee fan oblivious to what happens in big matches all over the footballing world....shocker. Guess they didn't bother with mixed scarfs for the Challenge Cup then?

I do know that I never had a half and half scarf for the Scottish cup final vs Rangers nor the league cup final against Aberdeen.

St Johnstone fans in thinking they know what happens in a big game based on English football type post IMO. Doubt many Utd fans had those scarves. Dundee and Utd fans have been to a few finals so we know the score.

Boys on here talking about the arabs and st johnstone getting into European competitions. :lol:

It does my head in, too. Apparently getting into the second qualifying round is something to write home about though.

It makes no difference when you're pumped by Azerbaijani unspellables or MyPa23 or whatever they were called.

Life must be even more shite as a Dundee fan than any of us ever realised. All your enjoyment in life is derived from what happens to other teams! I almost want them to go out and win a major honour, just so they can feel happiness of their own. Almost..

Pull my strings - you're suggesting Geoff Brown has gone to the papers to try to convince Tommy to stay? Is it not more likely that the courier, who will be selling loads of extra papers over this prolonged saga, are just looking for even more stuff to write about to keep it all going, so contacted Geoff and asked his opinion??

He simply gave an opinion which is pretty much the same as most Saints fans over this.

If you're struggling to wrap your head around the basic concept that it's possible to derive pleasure or satisfaction from more than one thing at the same time then I suggest you never attempt to perform a 69er with any young lady unfortunate enough to find herself in your company.

I do know that I never had a half and half scarf for the Scottish cup final vs Rangers nor the league cup final against Aberdeen.

St Johnstone fans in thinking they know what happens in a big game based on English football type post IMO. Doubt many Utd fans had those scarves. Dundee and Utd fans have been to a few finals so we know the score.

I think such scarves are a bit gash to be honest so I've never bought one but I knew they were a thing though so didn't need to question why Easton would have a Utd scarf at a cup final....surprised a super turbo fan like yourself, who was so in the know, needed to ask the question.

We'll put it down to a minor lapse brought on by your sheer elation at Utd being an utter shambles of a club at the moment ;-)

oooft - sums up the plastic nature of both clubs for me :thumbsdown:(:green

Think they mistook Saints fans throwing the scarfs away as a sign they should pick them up and use them tbh

There's actually been half and half scarves in the Scottish cup final? I thought that was left for European matches? Or some kind of loyalist live in such as Rangers and Chelsea?

I would have thought a Hibs fan would want to be avoiding any talk whatsoever of Scottish Cup Finals tbqh.

I think such scarves are a bit gash to be honest so I've never bought one but I knew they were a thing though so didn't need to question why Easton would have a Utd scarf at a cup final....surprised a super turbo fan like yourself, who was so in the know, needed to ask the question.

We'll put it down to a minor lapse brought on by your sheer elation at Utd being an utter shambles of a club at the moment ;-)

I knew they were a thing also. I just didn't think they were a thing in Scotland, where football fans tend to be a bit more normal. Even more bizarre would be throwing said scarf to the players.

Bit of a minter that they were bought although I'll concede there were a lot of day trippers there.

I knew they were a thing also. I just didn't think they were a thing in Scotland, where football fans tend to be a bit more normal. Even more bizarre would be throwing said scarf to the players.

Bit of a minter that they were bought although I'll concede there were a lot of day trippers there.

Think the players go their scarfs given to them by officials.

Pretty sure my mate has a Utd/Barca scarf from the 80s so don't think the whole mixed scarf thing is new to Scotland. I've seen some early round FA cup ties selling scarfs for fixtures like Rochdale vs Barnett so I hope it doesn't creep any further into the Scottish game than the cup final.

The thing that we do different from most teams is holding a steady squad rather than turning the squad around every 18 months. Unless we have a new manager I don't see the need at present to sign anyone in January bar starting to sign players for the following season.

its probably part of the reason for the success over the last few years. Our better players are ignored and seem happy to stay so there is then no need to rebuild or panic buy as the likes of Ross County have had to do a few January windows. In United's case the cash on offer had meant this could not happen.

Stop spoiling it with coherent arguments :-(

United won those fixtures! Four times, just so you know.

REALLY! Wow, kept that wee gem quiet. Can't believe that growing up surrounded by Utd fans, while I had to be content with watching Saints getting steamrollered by just about everyone in Scotland, that nobody ever brought this up.

Archived