Next Dundee United Manager

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kenny Cameron on the tranny there saying that he believes the compensation required for Hughes is "significantly less" than the £200k quoted.

Didn't hear it myself but I suspect there'll be initial resistance before we 'reluctantly' agree to let Hughes speak to United. He'll go. All parties will praise each other for being nice and we'll need to look for a new manager.

Didn't hear it myself but I suspect there'll be initial resistance before we 'reluctantly' agree to let Hughes speak to United. He'll go. All parties will praise each other for being nice and we'll need to look for a new manager.

"On 09 October, Dundee United made an official approach to Inverness CT for permission to speak to manager John Hughes. This was initially rebuked, however following discussions between the clubs, John himself and his representatives, we have reluctantly granted permission for 'Yogi' to speak to Dundee United."

:lol:

Do you not believe they've been knocked back by St J, ICT, Mixu and Pressley?

Most United fans seem to think they've approached nobody as the club have never come out and said they have. Despite the fact the four you've mentioned have all publically announced they'd been approached.

Only if you believe all of the rumours...

Even then there's really nothing of any interest happened yet. It's starting to get protracted (although still less so than Motherwell's current search) but all that has happened so far is that United have spoken to a few candidates and are considering one or more others.

You might argue that United have been caught off guard and should have drawn up a shortlist earlier when it looked like McNamara was on the way out but it would show pretty bad faith to start actually approaching candidates whilst the guy was still in his job. The counter to that of course is that United are simply taking their time to give themselves the best chance of getting the best man for the job.

Most United fans seem to think they've approached nobody as the club have never come out and said they have. Despite the fact the four you've mentioned have all publically announced they'd been approached.

You're making stuff up (again). Your own chairman stated in the paper 2 days ago that he WOULD knock United back IF they made an approach. All mainstream reports have been speculation and anything else I've read has been on forums etc.

I've no doubt that United have approached clubs. I've no doubt they've talked with candidates. But (apart from ICT), no one knows what is actually happening.

One or two United fans, I think. Most of us are quite clear that several candidates have been spoken to. Conversely, some bell-ends, naming no names, reckon United should just shoot their load over one candidate before considering all options, because interviews and due diligence are passé when it comes to hiring a football manager.

Think I heard Motherwell had 70+ applications for their vacancy. I'm assuming United have a similar amount. There must be somebody decent in that lot!

Of course. Presumably the club are aiming for something better than decent in the first instance.

Of course. Presumably the club are aiming for something better than decent in the first instance.

Seems a weird process, so far. I get the feeling (just a hunch) that the job isn't seen as the plum position it used to be, and I can't help but think it's related to 'behind the scenes shenanigans'. There's something weird going on at that club just now. #crisis

Archived