By election updates

Mr Rational

Right this is my audition for election night coverage. Here goes

Actually it's not a surprising result at all as the independent candidate was in fact a former Tory councillor. Their vote has gone to the Tories. Whilst we are disappointed our vote is down slightly the real story is Labour losing votes to the Tories. It is clear that the unionists electorate see the Tories as their party of choice leaving labour in a no man's land haemorrhaging votes left and right, unionist and nationalist.

Think it's a rural ward, and the council has let the people down quite badly. Not surprised they voted for the Tory candidate. All things considered, I actually think that's a decent result for the SNP.

Won't have any bearing on the election I wouldn't have thought. The people of Perth are generally quite pissed off with the council I think though, for a range of different reasons.

If people vote Tory to give pkc a kicking they might want to consider who gets the minority administration budgets through.

I was being tongue in cheek last night but the "independent" last time was a Tory so added onto the Tory vote and second preferences from other yoons it is unsurprising.

The SNP vote going down from 2012 is a little surprising and concerning though.

Edited by invergowrie arab

Might be an idea to build a wall round this enclave. Keep the fuckers in.

They'd love that as it floods all the time. I'd be torn between the benefit to us all keeping them away from us all against the use of public money keeping the value of their mansions high. Tough yin! :huh: