By election updates

Mr Rational

When did we become a net exporter to the rUK?

I'm sure Scotland exports a lot more, for its size, than the UK. Do more goods travel south than north ? Im genuinely curious, I reckon we'll sell more to them than they do us but I'm not sure.

9 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

I'm sure Scotland exports a lot more, for its size, than the UK. Do more goods travel south than north ? Im genuinely curious, I reckon we'll sell more to them than they do us but I'm not sure.

60% of our trade is with England. Puzzling we would want to jeopardise this to jump in with Europe. 

9 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

60% of our trade is with England. Puzzling we would want to jeopardise this to jump in with Europe. 

And this trade would suddenly stop ???

Always makes me laugh this,uk leaves europe no problem we will do a deal,scotland gets indy all trade would immediately stop

Edited by doulikefish

5 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

And this trade would suddenly stop ???

It could do very rapidly. If Scotland were in the EU and England aren't would it be so easy to trade across a border. Would the English be so keen to source from an EU member instead of buying from their own. Could also imagine trade tariffs being created to stop Scotland stealing their business via the back door.

2 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

It could do very rapidly. If Scotland were in the EU and England aren't would it be so easy to trade across a border. Would the English be so keen to source from an EU member instead of buying from their own. Could also imagine trade tariffs being created to stop Scotland stealing their business via the back door.

Only england leaving???

So if these goods are already exported to Ruk where are they going to get them from??

1 minute ago, AyrExile said:

Their own farms, factories or wherever else can produce. Are you saying all the goods which head south from Scotland currently do so because the English are unable to make it themselves? 

Nobody is unable to make/produce anything if they have the facilities,but yet again only the english seem to be providng for the rest of the uk in your world

So why dont they make/produce or grow everything they need now??Why do they import anything ever??

1 minute ago, Glen Sannox said:

The Nats now know that the Indy dream is over. That said, they are in total denial and lashing out all over the place. The relentless whingeing finally caught up with them!

Minter

20 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Nobody is unable to make/produce anything if they have the facilities,but yet again only the english seem to be providng for the rest of the uk in your world

So why dont they make/produce or grow everything they need now??Why do they import anything ever??

They don't need to currently as they can source freely from across the whole UK and Europe. After Brexit negotiations do you expect that to carry on as normal? 60% of Scotland's trade is with England yet 60% of England's trade isnt with Scotland so should our relationship change who is going to suffer more? Should Scotland remain in the EU and England leave do you expect that free trade will remain the same? Would England be happy about European companies relocating here to access their market as no borders exist? 

1 minute ago, AyrExile said:

They don't need to currently as they can source freely from across the whole UK and Europe. After Brexit negotiations do you expect that to carry on as normal? 60% of Scotland's trade is with England yet 60% of England's trade isnt with Scotland so should our relationship change who is going to suffer more? Should Scotland remain in the EU and England leave do you expect that free trade will remain the same? Would England be happy about European companies relocating here to access their market as no borders exist? 

England is yet agaIn the rest of the uk.We export to the rest of the uk not just england..The rest of the uk will have to do trade deals with whoever can provide them with the goods they require at the best price.If  you think the goods they currently get from the Scotland will be cheaper after they have been shipped around the world will be better economically then you are a bit barmy. It really is that simple.An indy Scotland in the eu would be in a much better position than a small trading block than ruk

14 hours ago, Cream Cheese said:
I'm well aware of how it works you clown. I own my own business, so have a fairly sharp idea of how trading works between Scotland/rUK and the EU. The point I was trying to make is that if there are import tariffs, then that is going to put off exporters exporting stock to that country, which will affect the level of imports coming in. But you knew fine well what I mean't. You can't be that stupid without doing it on purpose.

Clown? Read back what you have just posted. If you cannot see what is wrong with what you are stating then I stand by my point - you are an imbecile.

Do you understand what a current account deficit is and how this is financed? Will a reduction in imports to either rUK or Scotland be a curse or a blessing? The biggest factor in this is not tariffs or comparatives between the countries, it is making things that the world wants. Neither Scotland nor the UK do this at the moment and their is nothing to suggest that the UK will outside of the EU nor Scotland inside it.

Edited by strichener

You make it sound like we'll be getting towed to the middle of the Pacific. Trade will continue just like the tens of billions worth of trade between Ireland and the UK is going to continue.