By election updates

Mr Rational

It is interesting though that the Tories now use their votes to give to SLAB , a happy Unionist Cabal. Watch Glasgow next year as they will be desperate to keep the SNP from gaining the City Chambers.

• 4 weeks later...

Very interesting aspect of STV and why I would be nervous having it in something that mattered like parliament is the potential for these "false gains" when single seats are contested.

That's a couple we have seen in recent by elections.

I expect the SNP to make huge gains across the central belt next May but can see Tories making gains in the north east. It will be interesting.

Labour are of course rooked.

2 observations:

1) It's a 4 member seat in which Labour won the first 2 seats in 2012 under the single transferable vote system. Under this system, it would be a huge shock if they failed to win any by-election in which only one seat requires to be filled.

2) Look at the swing from Labour to SNP - nearly 20%

28 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Who are these people that are still voting labour?
Elderly, bitter, poor, BBC types I'd say. Fukwits

I still vote Labour and am not elderly (i'm 33), not bitter, not poor and haven't watched the BBC for years. As i've said a number of times as someone who does not support independence I wont vote SNP / Green and i don't like many tory policies so why would I not vote labour?

2 minutes ago, moses1924 said:

I still vote Labour and am not elderly (i'm 33), not bitter, not poor and haven't watched the BBC for years. As i've said a number of times as someone who does not support independence I wont vote SNP / Green and i don't like many tory policies so why would I not vote labour?

Deserves it's own thread imo.

20 minutes ago, moses1924 said:

Err... have you checked Tory and Labour policies? Clue - they're pretty similar 

4 hours ago, moses1924 said:

Kezia likes tory policies so much she doesn't vote for them either.  She's trying to though.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like that result won't be going on Scottish Labour's fictitious set of "recent by-election wins" - that's a wee shame. 

Scottish Labour.

warnock.png

Meanwhile in some shithole in the north of England, they lost a council seat by a 24 point margin to UKIP. The revolution is clearly going well. 

Labour.

warnock.png