By election updates

Mr Rational

2 hours ago, mjw said:
2 hours ago, Cream Cheese said:

Or you'd think they would just move down to England in order to get away from the nasty SNP, so they can find their salvation under the complete rule of Westminster. I wonder why they don't.....

Over 800,000 Scots live in rUK....I'll bet most of them aren't interested in Independence. The ones I know aren't

What an absolute basket case of a country we live in.
It's pretty embarrassing we need 65 million English people to hold our hand crossing the road.

That's just your mind set and that of the Nationalists. The rest of us aren't suffering from the inferiority complex that you and the other Nationalists are.

Most of us are proud Scots AND proud Brits and can see how the Union benefits both countries. It's a shame our representatives in Holyrood can't simply get on with the job of running Scotland instead of bitching about how hard done by they are. The SNP in Westminster are about  as effective  in pushing Scottish interests forward as throwing a snowball at a forest fire. Of course it suits their Nationalist agenda to be ineffective , but they are supposed to represent all of their constituents on a whole range of issues not just a few pet projects that gets them their 5 minutes of fame.

Like I said before, we get the quality of political governance we deserve, and what we get is shite. Pretending it's rUK's fault it's shite is a cop out and a wee bit juvenile. You need to hold the SNP to account as to why Scotland has a stagnant economy , a stagnant population and has serious problems with Schooling, Policing, The NHS and its basic infrastructure such as roads etc.

Personally, I'm convinced the only way forward for Scotland is with a Conservative Gov't in Holyrood. The likes of  mjw,Fide and Cream Puff need to grow up and smell the coffee.

2 hours ago, Cream Cheese said:

Not with other EU members, it will however make decisions about how it trades with non-EU members, just as the UK currently does.

An iUK on the other hand will have very little room for manoeuvre. It may be a powerful exporter right now. But once all is said and done and the UK walks away from the worlds largest single market, it will hardly be very appealing for export companies to remain where they are.

EU countries do not have separate trade deals with countries outwith The Eu.. The Eu negotiates all trade deals for Eu countries as a bloc....but do go on.....

Personally, I'm convinced the only way forward for Scotland is with a Conservative Gov't in Holyrood. The likes of  mjw,Fide and Cream Puff need to grow up and smell the coffee.

Yes its definetly me who needs to smell the coffee.

That's just your mind set and that of the Nationalists. The rest of us aren't suffering from the inferiority complex that you and the other Nationalists are.

Most of us are proud Scots AND proud Brits and can see how the Union benefits both countries. It's a shame our representatives in Holyrood can't simply get on with the job of running Scotland instead of bitching about how hard done by they are. The SNP in Westminster are about  as effective  in pushing Scottish interests forward as throwing a snowball at a forest fire. Of course it suits their Nationalist agenda to be ineffective , but they are supposed to represent all of their constituents on a whole range of issues not just a few pet projects that gets them their 5 minutes of fame.

Like I said before, we get the quality of political governance we deserve, and what we get is shite. Pretending it's rUK's fault it's shite is a cop out and a wee bit juvenile. You need to hold the SNP to account as to why Scotland has a stagnant economy , a stagnant population and has serious problems with Schooling, Policing, The NHS and its basic infrastructure such as roads etc.

Thank f**k the Tory party will never ever be the largest party in Holyrood. Although funnily enough they'd have a better chance if Scotland were independent.

44 minutes ago, bob the tank said:

Here knob head read this...1471291413077.jpg

Knob head...that's funny! How old are you ? Shouldn't you be doing your homework, sonny?

Now then.....those figures ! What a load of tosh. The value of Scottish Whisky exports in 2015 was about £3.9billion (not £4.5billion) and that is according to the Scotch Whisky Association http://www.scotch-whisky.org.uk/what-we-do/facts-figures/.    Of that amount about £1billion was sent to the Exchequer in taxes. Makes your figures look pish!

The whole value of the Scottish aerospace (ADMS) industry is £5.5billion (2015) with a net worth to the Exchequer of £1.75billion.  

Bear in mind £2.2 billion of this is defence i.e the nasty imperialist British army spending good money on good, well paid jobs and services.  Based on this small sample I Therefore conclude that you are prepared to believe any piece of bullshit propoganda propogated by your lying Nationalist masters . 

Now there's a name for people like you....starts with KNOB and ends with HEAD !

Edited by McSpreader
Removed a broken link

What an absolute basket case of a country we live in.
It's pretty embarrassing we need 65 million English people to hold our hand crossing the road.

And when you watch the Scottish Parliament or an Old Firm game, you'll realise why that is the case. You are right, embarrassing.

15 hours ago, McSpreader said:

That's because you're blinkered. That's typical of anyone that's joined a cult and abandons reason and common sense.

See this is your problem. When you post tear-stained rubbish like that, literally no one is going to read beyond it.

Knob head...that's funny! How old are you ? Shouldn't you be doing your homework, sonny?

Now then.....those figures ! What a load of tosh. The value of Scottish Whisky exports in 2015 was about £3.9billion (not £4.5billion) and that is according to the Scotch Whisky Association http://www.scotch-whisky.org.uk/what-we-do/facts-figures/.    Of that amount about £1billion was sent to the Exchequer in taxes. Makes your figures look pish!

The whole value of the Scottish aerospace (ADMS) industry is £5.5billion (2015) with a net worth to the Exchequer of £1.75billion.  

Bear in mind £2.2 billion of this is defence i.e the nasty imperialist British army spending good money on good, well paid jobs and services.  Based on this small sample I Therefore conclude that you are prepared to believe any piece of bullshit propoganda propogated by your lying Nationalist masters . 

Now there's a name for people like you....starts with KNOB and ends with HEAD !

Are you dyslexic boy ? The figures are as posted for tax year 2012/2013. These are facts sonny not propaganda. Poor come back at the end too, couldn't you do any better than giving that back. Just try harder in the banter department because you are doing awfully well in the yoon mentalist of the year competition and that is letting you down.

11 hours ago, McSpreader said:

"Proud Scots"

"Get on with the job of running Scotland"

"Hold the SNP to account"

You clearly need to stop reading BetterTogether pamphlets my man.  Such anger. 

6 hours ago, Glen Sannox said:

And when you watch the Scottish Parliament or an Old Firm game, you'll realise why that is the case. You are right, embarrassing.

Golf Lima Echo November Mike India November Tango Echo Romeo

7 hours ago, bob the tank said:

Are you dyslexic boy ? The figures are as posted for tax year 2012/2013. These are facts sonny not propaganda. Poor come back at the end too, couldn't you do any better than giving that back. Just try harder in the banter department because you are doing awfully well in the yoon mentalist of the year competition and that is letting you down.

Of course I saw that you were using ancient figures to make your point, which is why I made the point of showing that I was using 2015 figures.

I'm hoping that you could also see that the figures you use in your propaganda bear no relationship to the amount the Exchequer receives from each sector......so lies, propaganda and ancient figures. Not doing very well are you?

As for 'The Bantz'...........wtf?   You called me a knobhead. Where the f**k is the banter in that. That is just abuse not banter. That's the case from most of the Nats on here. Abuse masquerading as banter.

But, do I care? I think not.

2 hours ago, Fide said:

"Proud Scots"

"Get on with the job of running Scotland"

"Hold the SNP to account"

You clearly need to stop reading BetterTogether pamphlets my man.  Such anger. 

Golf Lima Echo November Mike India November Tango Echo Romeo

Anger? How amusing.

I'm not the one seething about losing 2 referendums. I've won both so I'm more than happy, thank you for your concern!

42 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

Anger? How amusing.

I'm not the one seething about losing 2 referendums. I've won both so I'm more than happy, thank you for your concern!

You clearly are seething.  You are also a simpleton.

Tick tock.

10 hours ago, bob the tank said:

They are selective facts.  Scotland's share of public sector spending is not only about the block grant.  If you are going to make an economic argument, which will be absolutely critical to getting a Yes majority, then being less than honest with the numbers does not help.

In 2012-13, Scotland’s estimated net fiscal balance was a deficit of £17.6 billion (14.0% of GDP) when excluding North Sea revenue, a deficit of £17.1 billion (13.3% of GDP) when including a per capita share of North Sea revenue or a deficit of £12.1 billion (8.3% of GDP) when a geographical share of North Sea revenue is included.

This is taken from GERS.  We absolutely need to address this deficit and our current account deficit as well.  Fortunately the answer for both is the same - we need to make more stuff that the world wants, at a price it is willing to pay.  The government making 20 re-training places available for oil workers to re-train as teachers is not going to cut it.  I do welcome the £100m stimulus spending announced by the SNP but this just highlights how little the current finance settlement allows the Scottish government to do without raising taxes.

Edited by strichener

On 15 August 2016 at 13:25, strichener said:

iScotland as part of the EU would not be making decisions about trade.

IScotland within the EU absolutely would be making decisions about trade, by virtue of being in or out of the EU at the behest of the people voting here. Such decisions, we know, you'd prefer to be out of the Scottish electorate's hands altogether if you prefer the decisions made by other nations.