Kelpies v The Rock

Totally agree, missed the game as had something come up last minute. But as others have said, Taggart hardly done anything to be dropped. Didn't see anything of last night, but surely we shouldn't have changed the defence which had looked pretty decent. With the exception of Queens' first goal, a back 4 of Sparky, Bucky, Barr and Taggs definitely seemed pretty solid.

With regards to our formation, I know it was against one of the weaker sides we have played, but I thought we looked most dangerous so far vs Morton. I know they were rotten and still scored 2, but playing Gall off of Fleming did work very well that game. Wouldn't be against using a formation like that more often. I think Gall is more suited to being used offensively than defensively. And the rest of the midfield sorts itself really.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You must be joking about Sibbald? He was the best player on the park before he got shunted onto the wing AGAIN where he's about 20% as effective.

Three wins in less than a week with two games away from home is great going. Watson and Grant is a classy partnership at the back and we look good in possession with three proper footballers in Sibbs, Taiwo and Kerr in the middle. Hopefully Kerr isn't out for too long.

Sorry but Sibbald played at the top of a diamond when Miller came on. At no time was he moved wide. If he was in wide areas that was him not the formation

Overall we probably did ok after the start we made. Interesting how we see games differently.

I didn't think rout ledge was great and after initial defensive difficulties Barr did improve in right back role.unusual for me I thought Fleming was our best last night.

My main concern is that we are very laboured in our forward play probably why no goals in open play. Everything seems to slow down and noticed last night no great pace across team.

Sorry to see tags being the fall guy for the new signings

I don't think we could play much worse so to come away with 3 points is promising.

As others have said 3 games in 6 games isn't easy for any team especially after the effort we put in on Tuesday night so to come away with 3 wins is good.

With this French striker set to sign we will only get better, would love a creative midfielder as well but can't see that happening.

I don't think we could play much worse so to come away with 3 points is promising.

As others have said 3 games in 6 games isn't easy for any team especially after the effort we put in on Tuesday night so to come away with 3 wins is good.

With this French striker set to sign we will only get better, would love a creative midfielder as well but can't see that happening.

It is 5 games in 13 days too. That is tough. So to win it was great. I thought the last 15 minutes we were comfortable. Dumbarton for some reason took off their main threats in Cawley and Gallacher. The guy Fleming is poor IMO. Steven Craig? How old is he now?

It is 5 games in 13 days too. That is tough. So to win it was great. I thought the last 15 minutes we were comfortable. Dumbarton for some reason took off their main threats in Cawley and Gallacher. The guy Fleming is poor IMO. Steven Craig? How old is he now?

5 in 13 sounds even better :thumsup2

I agree we were comfortable and never felt like we would lose a goal. It wasn't pleasing on the eye but we ground it out for another 3 points. I just get the feeling there is more to come from this team. If the French guy signs and he has a bit of pace then that will definitely help.

Totally agree, missed the game as had something come up last minute. But as others have said, Taggart hardly done anything to be dropped. Didn't see anything of last night, but surely we shouldn't have changed the defence which had looked pretty decent. With the exception of Queens' first goal, a back 4 of Sparky, Bucky, Barr and Taggs definitely seemed pretty solid.

With regards to our formation, I know it was against one of the weaker sides we have played, but I thought we looked most dangerous so far vs Morton. I know they were rotten and still scored 2, but playing Gall off of Fleming did work very well that game. Wouldn't be against using a formation like that more often. I think Gall is more suited to being used offensively than defensively. And the rest of the midfield sorts itself really.

Taggart had two very poor games, at Hampden and against Queens last week, but I think last night's back four was also about Barr's indifferent performances a centre-back. Other than the opening 20 mins I thought we looked a better defensive unit and Wright added solidity. Docherty's forward distribution is poor however.

Really? Cawley was attrocious last night, even folk who don't normally watch Dumbarton were texting me during the game to say how bad our number 7 was :lol: every second touch was a tackle.

Fleming was probably our best player last night. Held up everything that came his way and helped out all over the park. I really couldn't fault his performance at, a solid 8/10.

Few new signings just havent got the names printed in time I'd imagine.

This. SPFL requires clubs to use specific lettering from a company in Newcastle. Many clubs dont hold a stock of spare letters as thats costly so usually they order a nameblock when a new player signs and that sometimes takes a while to come through. We had Hutton & Heffernan play a couple of games with no names on their shirts and Alex Harris did last week at Dumbarton too having only signed on Friday. He would still have been nameless for Tuesday's game if he hadnt been cup tied anyway. It has arrived and been put on the back of his shirt now ahead of Sunday's match though.

Did we all watch it on the same channel? ftom alba you see the defender step to his right into gal, gal throwing his left hand out then pulling his arm back and then getting alongside the defender as he falls down.

I didnt think baird done a lot wrong against buchanan either, or wright against sheppard, or gibson for his card.

Didnt see the second half as I fell asleep in front of the tv but saw most of the first. Thought Gibson's yellow was a ridiculous decision. Very harsh.

Taggart did not deserve to be dropped, nor did Wright deserve to walk straight into the team, thus shuffling Barr to right back, but it worked after 20 minutes, but by then it was too late, I thought Fleming and cawley were good, as was cawley against queens, yet got taken off there too, Gallagher does play well up front with Fleming, Docherty's crossing is excellent but lost the thrower for the first goal, Barr was too far up for both goals, Barry cook was appalling and as one sided as always, 3,bookings to 1, and not a bad tackle the whole game, and once again disallowed a perfectly good Dumbarton goal, Gallagher was jus stronger and wanted the ball more than Peter Grant, th two of them were running directly towards me, and were both trying to get in front of each other using their arms. Let's hope we can get over this little blip and get six points against alloa and Morton

Nobody seemed to know what the formations were last night, not even the players

Spot on... it was like a game of runaround with Mike Reid.. After vaulks was left out to dry with two coming down his side, Taiwo and the bench had words, still didn't change much, to say it was a diamond is laughable, more like one of them star things as times we had Alston on the right, you'd think, he has swapped, nope he's just over here for a bit.

As I said to my pal, I've heard of the false number 9...never the false number 7.

Bairds work rate again incredible, my mate said similar but won't score a lot, the thing is, he won't if he is being asked to run 10mile all over, we also didn't do Miller any favours with supply and having to fight for scraps..

Can't fault 3 pts, but can question a lot of the methods on getting them

Didnt see the second half as I fell asleep in front of the tv but saw most of the first. Thought Gibson's yellow was a ridiculous decision. Very harsh.

It's Willie Gibson. He should be given a yellow as he walks onto the pitch on general principles.

You must be joking about Sibbald? He was the best player on the park before he got shunted onto the wing AGAIN where he's about 20% as effective.

Three wins in less than a week with two games away from home is great going. Watson and Grant is a classy partnership at the back and we look good in possession with three proper footballers in Sibbs, Taiwo and Kerr in the middle. Hopefully Kerr isn't out for too long.

No, not joking. I thought he lost possession on several occasions through carelessness, could have been through lack of an out-ball though if I give him the benefit of the doubt.

I did think that bringing Miller on was a good move however I think Houstie did it as a defensive, not attacking move. Why else would you take off a winger who' job is to supply crosses?

Much like against Livingston last week when he brought Muirhead on, Houstie tries to stifle the play rather than take the game to the opposition when, in my opinion we should be going for it! However he's won both games so WTF do I know??

Archived