Kelpies v The Rock

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the week we've had I think tonight was always going to tough one. Didn't expect to be 2-0 up early doors however and we lost our way when Kerr went off the pitch, which maybe tells its own story

A team with a bit more quality would have probably got a result against us tonight but to our credit the players ground the win out

Defence is looking solid even thought both full backs didn't play particularly well tonight. Still not convinced with the keeper at cross balls. Can't really judge him until a team has a reasonable amount of shot goals against us though

From behind the goal it looked very, very soft. Both players were grappling with each other and if it had been, for example, in central midfield I doubt the Defender would've gone down let alone won a foul.

Was there a camera behind our goal? Can't say I noticed, but I'd like to see it again from that angle.

It was soft but unfortunately scottish officials always give the defender those decisions. God forbid they get stick for allowing a controversial goal. They're far happier giving a less controversial free-kick which won't attract as much attention.

Scottish officials are fucking horrendous.

Delighted with the win, 3rd game in 7 days with 3 wins.

Wasn't a great spectacle to watch but as I said pre match we need to beat teams like Dumbarton to cement a top four finish.

To be 9 points ahead of saints and 7 ahead of Hibs after 4 games is fantastic (albeit they each have a game in hand)

Really good start to the season, nothing beats the Falkirk feel good factor. COYB

I guess you could say there's a great feeling at The Falkirk Stadium then?

The stewards were too scared of me I think. Asked everyone infront of me and behind me for ID and patted them all down vigorously, but left me alone. Knew I wasn't the sort of guy to mess with.

Or it could be down to the fact I still look about 14...

Think I'll sleep before posting thoughts on sons performance. As for ref appeared against us in first half but a couple of decisions against falkirk that were shocking one a corner which he gave a bye kick . Basically just a bad ref regardless of who you support

That was a brutal 2nd half after conceding a very poor goal. Houstie surely knows after tonight that Muirhead cannot play in the middle of the park. I can only think he decided Vaulks was better suited to dealing with Willie Gibson. Which is worrying if you are a right back.

That said, you'd expect reading P&B that we were gearing up for a relegation battle. Top of the table while playing shite. That was a Dumbarton side that has defeated 2 teams that we are supposed to be fearful of.

Thought we played some very neat, controlled football and were well worth the lead. Kerr going off really unsettled us though and it was pretty dreadful defending to let Dumbarton back into it.

Baffling decision to play Muirhead in midfield, especially when he switched him and Valuks for a spell in the 1st half. Was Blair not on the bench?

I'm no fan of Smith but I think he should have taken Sibbs off rather than him as, his goal apart, he didn't look up for it. Smith's big attribute is supposed to be his ability to get to the bye line and get a cross over so why take him off when he, at last, had someone to cross it to in Miller?

We badly need a goal scorer who can excite the fans though although I've a feeling Houstie's going to go with this one up front shit all season!

You must be joking about Sibbald? He was the best player on the park before he got shunted onto the wing AGAIN where he's about 20% as effective.

Three wins in less than a week with two games away from home is great going. Watson and Grant is a classy partnership at the back and we look good in possession with three proper footballers in Sibbs, Taiwo and Kerr in the middle. Hopefully Kerr isn't out for too long.

Was always going to be tough having to play Three games in a week but we've managed it with three wins. Second goal was brilliant, especially the finish from Sibbald. Kerr is brilliant and we desperately missed him when he went off. Terrible second half but when you take the fact of the three games in a short period of time , the three points is all that matters.

Baffling decision to play Muirhead in midfield, especially when he switched him and Valuks for a spell in the 1st half. Was Blair not on the bench?

I'm no fan of Smith but I think he should have taken Sibbs off rather than him as, his goal apart, he didn't look up for it. Smith's big attribute is supposed to be his ability to get to the bye line and get a cross over so why take him off when he, at last, had someone to cross it to in Miller?

We badly need a goal scorer who can excite the fans though although I've a feeling Houstie's going to go with this one up front shit all season!

Not Smith's biggest fan either, but he just put two glorious crosses in pre Millar coming on, my mate and myself Thot it was mad to take off a supplier. I'd have took off Muirhead, the fact he was centre mid, right back and centre mid again was down to him. The whole formation was a head fuk at times. We had no right mid at times, Taiwo was remaining centre and at last minute coming over, then we'd see Alston over, whom I Thot had a cracking game.

Easy saying we need a goalscorer, Costa would struggle to score with what we create.

I don't think Vaulks or Leahy had great games in the last third, where probably lay a lot of our problems.

Horrible 60 mins but three pts is three pts....

Not Smith's biggest fan either, but he just put two glorious crosses in pre Millar coming on, my mate and myself Thot it was mad to take off a supplier. I'd have took off Muirhead, the fact he was centre mid, right back and centre mid again was down to him. The whole formation was a head fuk at times. We had no right mid at times, Taiwo was remaining centre and at last minute coming over, then we'd see Alston over, whom I Thot had a cracking game.

Easy saying we need a goalscorer, Costa would struggle to score with what we create.

I don't think Vaulks or Leahy had great games in the last third, where probably lay a lot of our problems.

Horrible 60 mins but three pts is three pts....

The second half we went to a diamond in midfield which needs both fullbacks to get forward. I assume that is why Vaulks went back to RB. However it didn't work for me as neither did get forward and give us width.

3 points though. The need for Kerr was shown again tonight.

That was a brutal 2nd half after conceding a very poor goal. Houstie surely knows after tonight that Muirhead cannot play in the middle of the park. I can only think he decided Vaulks was better suited to dealing with Willie Gibson. Which is worrying if you are a right back.

That said, you'd expect reading P&B that we were gearing up for a relegation battle. Top of the table while playing shite. That was a Dumbarton side that has defeated 2 teams that we are supposed to be fearful of.

Muirhead is a CH not a fullback

If you'd offered me 6 points from our opening 4 fixtures before a ball was kicked I'd have taken it.

The first 20 minutes I thought we looked all over the place, very poor defending for both goals. After that we were the better team but once again lacked any cutting edge. We really look devoid of any goal threat in the final third and that worries me.

Fleming and Routledge were excellent, Cawley had an absolute stinker. I thought that once again when Craig came on he looked like he'd rather be anywhere but on that pitch putting in some effort. He really needs to up his game, miles below par at the minute and looks totally uninterested.

Did Taggart deserve to get dropped just to accomodate Wright? I don't think so and if I was him I'd be a bit annoyed about that.

Awful start has cost us here. Especially annoying when stevie Farrell was yelling to the players in the warm up " must start quickly". Could it be worth trying out Gallagher up front as he always seems to get a lot of half chances when he is played in a more attacking role?

Archived