Kelpies v The Rock

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very poor start but we showed more and more promise as the game went on. Didn't see the foul for the disallowed goal either.

If I was a Falkirk fan I would be concerned about the number of times they passed the ball straight off the park even when under little pressure.

The BBC Alba director should be reminded that the game is played on that green rectangular area and that it would be good to point the cameras in that general direction rather than focussing in on random football folk in the stands!

I disagree - it's nice to see people you know on the telly. In fact, last night, I am sure I saw Nowhereman in the Sons' end.

I disagree - it's nice to see people you know on the telly. In fact, last night, I am sure I saw Nowhereman in the Sons' end.

When we played Airdrie in the playoff final the camera guy was pointing the camera directly at me the whole game. When the phone started going with folk telling me I was on the TV I felt incredibly paranoid the whole game :lol:

In my 15 (90) minutes of fame I was caught eating a pie like a caveman and looking like a total dick when Tony Wallace slammed home the 4th. My debut on the big screen was a horror show and it's BBC Alba's fault.

Very poor start cost us yesterday. Not been convinced by Barr at centre half and he looked even worse at right back. Hopefully Taggart is back in for our next match. Once again Fleming, Routledge and Docherty had good games.

I actually think we have been a lot more solid this year with Barr, Buchanan, Docherty and taggart, this time last year we'd have conceded many more goals, we're also a lot more competitive, we just need our midfield to continue the hard grafter further up front and find our best striking partnership

Iv not been barrs biggest fan but after he scored last night he was one of our better players. Would still rather Taggart played there though and don't agree with the comment previous that he was bad against queen of the South - the whole team was poor but he was not the worst by far.

Gibsons booking was a joke.

Cawleys touch was awful.

If that's what it was, it was the poorest diamond ever. Our midfield was all over the place. The goal aside I thought Sibbald was poor. I don't think the mess of a midfield he was playing in helped. He was also closed down far tighter after his goal. No need to drop him though. Just need to play midfielders in midfield.

Chance missed for Sons. Falkirk weren't up to much an aside from us taking 15 minutes to sort our new defence out (and two great hits from Falkirk) we were the better team but we still weren't good enough. I think Stevie has to decide what his best team is and stick with it, a lot of our midfielders and strikers have played various positions and I don't think its helped us. Need to get back on track against Alloa.

Barry Cook is fucking shite.

Chance missed for Sons. Falkirk weren't up to much an aside from us taking 15 minutes to sort our new defence out (and two great hits from Falkirk) we were the better team but we still weren't good enough. I think Stevie has to decide what his best team is and stick with it, a lot of our midfielders and strikers have played various positions and I don't think its helped us. Need to get back on track against Alloa.

Barry Cook is fucking shite.

You may have been very slightly the better team after the initial 15 minutes or so however I think that was down to us losing our shape and impetus after Kerr went off. Up until then we were miles better and I think we would have scored more had the starting 11 stayed on.

We've got an excellent young midfielder on the bench in Blair yet Houstie decides to bring on a centre half to play in midfield. We were al over the place in terms of our shape after that.

Just hope Kerr's injury isn't too bad.

You may have been very slightly the better team after the initial 15 minutes or so however I think that was down to us losing our shape and impetus after Kerr went off. Up until then we were miles better and I think we would have scored more had the starting 11 stayed on.

We've got an excellent young midfielder on the bench in Blair yet Houstie decides to bring on a centre half to play in midfield. We were al over the place in terms of our shape after that.

Deadleg.

Play stopped on almost exactly 8 minutes and he left the pitch directly after that. So, you were miles better for only 8 minutes according to your argument.

Spot on... it was like a game of runaround with Mike Reid.. After vaulks was left out to dry with two coming down his side, Taiwo and the bench had words, still didn't change much, to say it was a diamond is laughable, more like one of them star things as times we had Alston on the right, you'd think, he has swapped, nope he's just over here for a bit.

As I said to my pal, I've heard of the false number 9...never the false number 7.

Bairds work rate again incredible, my mate said similar but won't score a lot, the thing is, he won't if he is being asked to run 10mile all over, we also didn't do Miller any favours with supply and having to fight for scraps..

Can't fault 3 pts, but can question a lot of the methods on getting them

Well I am sure you will be right it wasn't a diamond then. However the two ex-pro's on the radio both said it was. Both I believe played at the highest level in Scotland. You will be right though.

At no point last night was Sibbald at the top of a diamond. The two formations we played last night were:

Rogers

Vaulks Watson Grant Leahy

Muirhead Taiwo

Smith Sibbald Alston

Baird

Rogers

Vaulks Watson Grant Leahy

Alston Muirhead Taiwo Sibbald

Miller Baird

Plus Kerr replaced by Muirhead and Shepherd coming on for Baird if you will.

I'd like to see us give the diamond a go though. Worked well under Holt and would allow Sibbald to play his best position whilst having the preferred two strikers. Anyone know how long McHugh is out for?

Well I am sure you will be right it wasn't a diamond then. However the two ex-pro's on the radio both said it was. Both I believe played at the highest level in Scotland. You will be right though.

So you quoted ex pros and not you're own eyes...

Midfield was a mess when Kerr went off, Stevie wonder even said so.

We had Muirhead at centre mid, right back then centre mid.

We had Alston on the left, on the right all of a sudden for 2 minute period, then back on the left.

If anything we had a triangle, that got blown over to the right occasionally, but a boy on the radio never said that for you to believe that an pass it on as fact.

I'm not the only one to say the midfield was a mess but because an ex pro said it was that, we are wrong, ex pros are never wrong....

So you quoted ex pros and not you're own eyes...

Midfield was a mess when Kerr went off, Stevie wonder even said so.

We had Muirhead at centre mid, right back then centre mid.

We had Alston on the left, on the right all of a sudden for 2 minute period, then back on the left.

If anything we had a triangle, that got blown over to the right occasionally, but a boy on the radio never said that for you to believe that an pass it on as fact.

I'm not the only one to say the midfield was a mess but because an ex pro said it was that, we are wrong, ex pros are never wrong....

TBH we played very narrow when Smith went off and Muirhead sat onto top of the back 4. Sibbald floated about all over with Taiwo and Alston in front of Muirhead. That is what I would deem a diamond. I would agree it was a real mess however. The value of Kerr coming through.

Play stopped on almost exactly 8 minutes and he left the pitch directly after that. So, you were miles better for only 8 minutes according to your argument.

I was wrong then. We were miles better for roughly the first 20 minutes.

Aye, it's fine to see shots of the crowd for entirely this reason. This should be done at appropriate times though.

What gets my goat is the number of times Alba went to close ups of random football managers in the stand whilst the ball was in play. Do I want to see James Fowler writing notes on a bit of paper or an actual game of football? Do I want to see Peter Houston's big red baldy napper, at any time really? Poor show.

Archived