Kelpies v The Rock

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had to grind that out, Dumbarton the better team by far in the second half without really creating that much( maybe 2 chances) never thought that would happen in the first 15 mins. Poor goal to lose, Kerr going off and muirhead coming on destroyed falkirks midfield. Taiwo was posted missing in the second half, after being the best player on the park in the first. I think he was trying to cover muirhead that much.

Last 10 mins Falkirk came back into it, Baird should have been 1 on 1 with the keeper, shepherd hauled down when sprinting past Wright.

Gutted. How many goals have we scored from open play in the league?

careful now....i asked that questipn after the st mirren game. The main thing would be to make chances and score goals by any means, another night we might have taken a point here.

Hugely frustrating not to take anything from that, a draw would've been a fair result with both sides dominating a half.

Barry Cook with another shambolic performance was nice to see. Never a foul by Gal for the goal we had disallowed, same with the 'foul' on Buchy either by Baird(?) I think he managed to conjure up 31 fouls in the game, made for a poor spectacle when the clueless joke is blowing his whistle every 3 minutes.

3 points, top of the league.

10 points out of 12 and a couple of weeks off to get people fit and get batteries recharged. Good start.

People maybe value Kerr a bit more now. Our two poorest performances he hasn't played. He goes off at 2-0 and we lost our way.

Gallagher head and shoulders above the rest of the Dumbarton team. Was glad they took off Cawley. He pops up in dangerous areas and Dumbarton's threat went when he went off.

Still short of creativity and a striker. Hopefully get someone in before the window shuts.

Shocking second half performance from us & I fully expected a Dumbarton equaliser.....muirheads passing was terrible he should have went to rb with vaulks going to centre mid...terrible tactics by houstie...wins a win though but we were difficult to watch tonight

Hugely frustrating not to take anything from that, a draw would've been a fair result with both sides dominating a half.

Barry Cook with another shambolic performance was nice to see. Never a foul by Gal for the goal we had disallowed, same with the 'foul' on Buchy either by Baird(?) I think he managed to conjure up 31 fouls in the game, made for a poor spectacle when the clueless joke is blowing his whistle every 3 minutes.

He clearly pulled Leahy. Watch the replay. The referee was garbage I agree.

It was a stonewall tug from Gallagher to say otherwise is just ridiculously biased.

Very poor start but we showed more and more promise as the game went on. Didn't see the foul for the disallowed goal either.

If I was a Falkirk fan I would be concerned about the number of times they passed the ball straight off the park even when under little pressure.

The BBC Alba director should be reminded that the game is played on that green rectangular area and that it would be good to point the cameras in that general direction rather than focussing in on random football folk in the stands!

It was a stonewall tug from Gallagher to say otherwise is just ridiculously biased.

From behind the goal it looked very, very soft. Both players were grappling with each other and if it had been, for example, in central midfield I doubt the Defender would've gone down let alone won a foul.

Was there a camera behind our goal? Can't say I noticed, but I'd like to see it again from that angle.

Giving full time teams a 2 goal head start away from home is asking for trouble. With a bit more concentration early on we might have taken something there and that's despite the lack of creativity.

Some things to be positive about though; Wright looks a useful acquisition, Gal had a good game and I'm more convinced than ever that Cawley will come good eventually.

Worryingly I still don't think Craig looks all that interested.

Did we all watch it on the same channel? ftom alba you see the defender step to his right into gal, gal throwing his left hand out then pulling his arm back and then getting alongside the defender as he falls down.

I didnt think baird done a lot wrong against buchanan either, or wright against sheppard, or gibson for his card.

Delighted with the win, 3rd game in 7 days with 3 wins.

Wasn't a great spectacle to watch but as I said pre match we need to beat teams like Dumbarton to cement a top four finish.

To be 9 points ahead of saints and 7 ahead of Hibs after 4 games is fantastic (albeit they each have a game in hand)

Really good start to the season, nothing beats the Falkirk feel good factor. COYB

Enjoyable first half and brutal second.

It's surprising with the way we played but we looked really unorganised once Kerr went off.

Muirhead had no idea what he was doing in the middle of the park (not his fault as he's a defender). Him and Vaulks were getting in each others way a lot. I struggled to work out what our gameplan/formation was for a lot of it.

Still, a win's a win and we've had a good start to the campaign. Alston was good tonight and a peach of a goal from Sibbs.

We would have drew/lost that last year.

Sure i just saw 21 & 23 without names.

ETA 22 as well

22 was Frazer Wright, 23 Steven Ross. Both only signed late in the week so the shirt names probably haven't been sorted out yet.

Disappointed not to take anything from that. After the defensively shambolic first 15 minutes we came on to a game and for large parts of the second half looked the better side.

No idea why Craig was penalised when through on goal following what looked like a fairly even 50:50 tussle with Falkirk's centre-half.

Archived