Football Manager 2016

RJM77

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished my first (half) season with Arsenal last night.

Dragged them from 12th to finish 4th, lost the FA cup final to a last minute goal to man city but the CL win the following week against Man U at the millennium stadium made up for it.

Dundee gaffer turned it round and kept his job so no temptation any more!

Out of interest did you keep the same team more or less or did you go baws oot in the transfer window?

Anyone know why I can't train a new position for some players? It's greyed out.

It's an invisible attribute, versitality. Usually if they can only play one position and they have low versitality, you can't train them in a new position.

You can increase the attribute in the editor if you so wish.

Out of interest did you keep the same team more or less or did you go baws oot in the transfer window?

Working from memory here but I made 2 (huge) signings offset with 6 or 7 sales.

I spent £35 million on a 20 year old German regen striker who is now my first choice. He was listed by schalke as he wanted a bigger club. I had Lukaku (1st pick) out injured for another 2 months, Icardi doing ok cover wise and Higuain adding experienced depth for his £250k a week.

Flogged Higuain to Malaga and signed the German guy to initially provide cover for Icardi until Lukaku was back. Icardi got shite so played the German and he's the baws. Lukaku can't get a sniff and has played as a wide target man mostly in AMR in matches that require it (watching him dominate Marcelo in the CL semi was delightful)

Icardi will go this summer and I'll bring in Divock Origi from my old West Ham team to cover up top and wings.

Signed another German regen, 20 years old for £43 million to play centre half. Again listed by request, hoffenheim this time. Not much to say apart from he's phenomenal.

Both regens are now 4* ability (up from 3) and 5* potential.

Although £78 million is an eye watering outlay I made roughly £40 mill selling squad fillers for good money so my squad is shallower but it needed it tbh.

The squad still had ridiculous quality and shouldn't have been near mid table. Ozil was on the wane but still very good, Sanchez is ridiculous, Bellerin is my favourite player.

I had West Ham comfortably above Arsenal but when I went back to look at my prize assets with a view to bringing them to Arsenal only Origi made the grade quality wise for my Arsenal side. - the rest were only as good as my squad fillers.

just had my assistant manager go in the huff because i would not follow his advice. To drop our top goal Scorer who had just made the team of the week due to poor form and play him instead.

Just finished my second season with a Spurs save.

Finished 5th first season which was in line with expectations. Second season i have finished 3rd and won the FA Cup so i am loved by the fans and board.

Andros Townsend is an absolute beast as a right sided inside forward. 36 goals in two seasons meaning he's kept firstly Lamela out the team during the first season, and then my £30m signing Mahrez despite his attributes being nowhere near as good as those two.

Managed to sign Gotze at end of first season aswell as he was only on squad rotation at Bayern. He's had to make do with a place on the bench aswell though as Eriksen has been by far my best player in both seasons so far.

one gem i have signed though is the winger Traore from Borussia Monchengladbach. He's usually available for transfer/loan during first season and he's an old fashioned winger that takes people on and runs to the by-line. Another one that despite the scout/coach reports not saying he's great, he's been absolutely phenomenal for me.

Kyle Walker and Dembele are another two of the original players who have been absolutely top class for me aswell. The one disappointment being Harry Kane, who's been relegated to second choice behind Aboubakar. Kane hasn't ever really impressed much and hasn't scored more than 15 goals in either of my two seasons so far.

If i can get £35-40m for him in the summer then he will be offski.

post-6423-0-17737600-1452816361_thumb.jp

Nice wee boost considering he signed for Dnipro in 2012.

Starting my third season at Karpaty, finished second in the league so got into the Champions League qualifiers. Beat Viktoria Plzen and escaped the likes of Arsenal, Dortmund and Zenit to land Olympiakos in the play-offs. I'll get roasted in the groups if I go through but I'll be in it for the cash.

Cannot get into this years version at all.

I seem to only be able to get 4 or 5 games at most with a tactic before having to change as teams suss me out and it really pisses me of.

Same as you two but for different reasons. Tactic's working a fucking treat but around Christmas there's always one jobbing c**t moaning about not getting his big move or not getting enough games and it spreads through the squad like herpes in Coatbridge

What I don't like is the nature of just how inconsistent your tactics are and the fact that the developers seem to think this is somehow realistic. How many teams dramatically change their shape throughout the season? Not very many, and in actual fact the most successful sides are ones that keep the same system and tactics for a few years and build their club around that way of playing. Yes if I am playing a bigger club I might ask my players to sit a bit deeper and play at a lower tempo but this idea that a 451 works one week but that a 352 is needed the next is a bit far fetched and really frustrating. The developers have always said that you should have a team that is familiar playing two or three formations bit again that isn't really that realistic compared to real life tactical systems.

I've found the last couple of Football Managers far too sensitive and fiddly. It's also why I tend to stick with lower league teams as you can at least set out a fairly standard 442 or whatever and it seems to be okay. I'm frightened of bigger clubs and the fact that every game you need to be looking at all the individual roles and tactics.

My 4-1-4-1 tactic seen me score 22 goals over the 38 league games, but only conceded 22 aswell.

Second season and i went the first eight games without scoring :lol: Switched to 4-4-2 and scored about 12 in 4 games.

I've managed to get MK Dons to 18th place at Christmas. Will probably survive which was my target but I'm somehow unstable in my roll.

I've noticed a lot of random stuff in my game that wouldn't be there in previous FM's.........Zinedine Zidane is the Everton manager following Martinez getting the England role but for some reason turned up at my game because apparently he wants the MK Dons job and was trying to increase the pressure on me.

That's a bit daft.

I regularly get asked why I've "dropped" a player who's featured once on the bench over the course of a season. Its infuriating.

My 4-1-4-1 tactic seen me score 22 goals over the 38 league games, but only conceded 22 aswell.

Second season and i went the first eight games without scoring :lol: Switched to 4-4-2 and scored about 12 in 4 games.

That's my tactic as well, thoroughly recommend it to anyone who is unsure what to use for a Scottish Prem/Championship side. Unfortunately after three seasons of playing with this and it paying dividends with pure hunners of goals everything has begun to fall on it's arse (I've gone the first six games without scoring, a bit like yourself :( ). Did you keep the same instructions etc for your 4-4-2?

That's my tactic as well, thoroughly recommend it to anyone who is unsure what to use for a Scottish Prem/Championship side. Unfortunately after three seasons of playing with this and it paying dividends with pure hunners of goals everything has begun to fall on it's arse (I've gone the first six games without scoring, a bit like yourself :( ). Did you keep the same instructions etc for your 4-4-2?

Think I did keep the same instructions yeah.

Recently joined a mid-Championship Leicester City, halfway through the second season. All the big names have been sold off but the had Iwobi on loan, and with me adding Victor Moses we're currently ripping sides apart on the wings. Too late for a real promotion push this season but next season it has to be the target. Also gambled on Ravel Morrison.

Bolton have been taken over by by a wealthy business man who has pumped 180m into the transfer kitty to improve performances on the park, great i think, I'll start to look for their results in the premier. but no... they had to be in my fricking league didn't they.

:angry:

post-4520-14530499153665_thumb.jpg

In January in my first season. Sold both Scobbie and Lappin for a combined 200k. Needed cover for left midfield and left back, easy peasy, in comes Johnny Hayes on loan. :lol:

Madness!

Archived