Football Manager 2016

RJM77

You'll do brilliant in Europe and shite domestically.

I finished 10th and never got sacked btw, so your jobs safe.

Second season for me and we're comfy in the top six almost halfway through. Biggest transfer(s) so far was letting MOH join New York City and using the money getting Cummings from Hibs. Also signed Devine (ICT), King (Norwich) and Johnson (Well).

Mannus

Shaughnessy - Devine - McKay - Easton

Millar - Davison

Wotherspoon - King - Johnson

Cummings.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite possibly, I'm sitting 9th with 2 games to play on everyone though. It's hellishly frustrating that O'Halloran can play on neither wing, what's that all about?

Picked a fight with MacLean which isn't going to end well I'd imagine, that and punting both Fisher and Sutton made me extremely satisfied.

You'll do brilliant in Europe and shite domestically.

I finished 10th and never got sacked btw, so your jobs safe.

Second season for me and we're comfy in the top six almost halfway through. Biggest transfer(s) so far was letting MOH join New York City and using the money getting Cummings from Hibs. Also signed Devine (ICT), King (Norwich) and Johnson (Well).

Mannus

Shaughnessy - Devine - McKay - Easton

Millar - Davison

Wotherspoon - King - Johnson

Cummings.

How much did you get for O Halloran? I ended up signing him in my Burnley save for around two million yet in my saints save i only get offers around 800k. In the two seasons hes been with me at Burnley he has 52 goals including 21 in his first season in the Premiership and has about 10 Scotland caps

How much did you get for O Halloran? I ended up signing him in my Burnley save for around two million yet in my saints save i only get offers around 800k. In the two seasons hes been with me at Burnley he has 52 goals including 21 in his first season in the Premiership and has about 10 Scotland caps

Got £1m plus a sell on percentage

Still managing Scotland, and made it to 2040. Already won one European Championship, but then took a massive dive in form that saw me fail to qualify for a World Cup. Since then I've lost in the final of two World Cups, the first a 6-1 pumping by Brazil, and the second a loss on penalties to France. Second one was particularly gutting as my soon to retire striker Peter Dailly (170 caps, 134 goals. Top boy.).

He'd scored the winner in the quarter final against Germany with a shot from thirty yards, probably only done because he can't run anymore. The media had been raging that I'd picked him, with him due to retire following the tournament, and clearly not the same player he was. Brought him on for extra-time in the final only for him to smash a one-on-one against the bar. Gave him the 5th penalty in the shoot-out, hoping that he would be able to score the winner. France scored all of theirs, Peter scored his, but we missed the 6th.

May have finally sussed Saints out. Currently in the end of August and have only lost one game. Qualified for the Europa League Group stages with a 4-1 win at McDiarmid over Maccabi Tel-Aviv before losing 1-0 over there. Drawn two and won one in the league too but the two draws were due to defensive mistakes from McKay then Scobbie.

Injuries starting to hit hard with Millar, Lappin and MacLean having a month or three out combined with the pre-existing injuries to Mackay, Anderson and Davidson.

Signed Mark Fotheringham whos doing a decent job.

Most regular line up has been...

Mannus

Fisher - McKay - Scobbie - Easton

Millar

O'Halloran - Wotherspoon - Craig - Lappin

MacLean

Currently got Mackay in for Scobbie, Fotheringham in for Millar, Davidson in for Lappin and Cummins for MacLean.

Interesting. I punted Fisher, Scobbie and Lappin as soon as I could. :lol:

I've changed by formation and it's started to work in the league. Finally getting the best out of O'Halloran, I've just runs past folk.

With the first half of the season done it will soon be time to review the players again. When I submitted the last lot , it was just after the start of the season where we were very poor. The likes of Macca, muzza etc were toiling so I had to down rate them. So after we do the next file I will obviously be rectifying a few things especially the likes of cummins, Joe etc who I hadn't seen enough of to really amend their stats. When the time comes I will get in touch with both you to run my thoughts past you . Cheers

May have finally sussed Saints out. Currently in the end of August and have only lost one game. Qualified for the Europa League Group stages with a 4-1 win at McDiarmid over Maccabi Tel-Aviv before losing 1-0 over there. Drawn two and won one in the league too but the two draws were due to defensive mistakes from McKay then Scobbie.

Injuries starting to hit hard with Millar, Lappin and MacLean having a month or three out combined with the pre-existing injuries to Mackay, Anderson and Davidson.

Mannus

Millar

MacLean

Currently got Mackay in for Scobbie, Fotheringham in for Millar, Davidson in for Lappin and Cummins for MacLean.

Is that a flat midfield four or do you have O'Halloran and Lappin further forward? Trying to get a good, solid 4141 built as an alternative to a 4231 that I use at the moment. Also, what roles have you got your midfielders playing?

Is that a flat midfield four or do you have O'Halloran and Lappin further forward? Trying to get a good, solid 4141 built as an alternative to a 4231 that I use at the moment. Also, what roles have you got your midfielders playing?

Flat four. Two wide men are wingers. One midfielders a box to box midfielder and the others a CM with support duty. DM just a DM with defensive. Have a slightly deeper back line.

Mannus

Millar

MacLean

I gave another shot to my Thistle save and have finally sussed something that works.

Instead of fucking around, tinkering with the instructions and sweating over whether to go Control/Counter and Structured/Fluid I just picked a formation that suits my best players and kept it at Standard - Flexible, no instructions, no fancy roles, pick the best players available in the highest condition. Lost 2 games in 12 so far with a 4-4-2 diamond, one of those away to Celtic. edit: thinking on it I reckon it's something to do with the pre-prepared tactics I've got - I'm up to near max fluidity with a 4-2-3-1 wide and 4-4-2 diamond both on standard - flexible; any adjustments to that reduce it to Accomplished, and too many instructions goes all the way down to merely Competent. Changing player roles, interestingly, doesn't affect how fluid the team is in a formation, so I tend to only change roles - the AMC varies from being an attacking midfielder to advanced playmaker depending on who I'm using.

If I score/concede I'll tinker a little during matches (particularly towards the end of games or if there's a red card, say) but less seems to be more in terms of faffing about. Picking up quite a few yellow cards but by and large it's been working great.

Completed all of the default challenges. Satisfyingly champions with Plymouth doing the golden age malarky.

However, decided I'd rather not go baw deep with Dunfermline until Iget used to it so in all my wisdom, I decided to start a full game with Arbroath and see where it takes me.

Pre season went well with hammerings handed out to non league sides. Signings are hard to come by though as it seems a very large squad. However, a quick link with Hibs will hopefully see some young stars come to Gayfield.

The only downside of FM16, in my opinion; In past versions when you took over a team, you could free transfer undesirables with no repercutions, now it affects your budgets and if you ain't got any, you are stuck with the diddies.

Grrr

Firefighting the mess made by incompetents at an underachieving 'big' club is a far more fun challenge than taking over the same club at the start of the game IMO. Long single-club campaigns or Tony Pulis style club-hopping are equally worthwhile, but there aren't too many clubs at the start of the game that I immediately want to manage tbh.

I gave another shot to my Thistle save and have finally sussed something that works.

Instead of fucking around, tinkering with the instructions and sweating over whether to go Control/Counter and Structured/Fluid I just picked a formation that suits my best players and kept it at Standard - Flexible, no instructions, no fancy roles, pick the best players available in the highest condition. Lost 2 games in 12 so far with a 4-4-2 diamond, one of those away to Celtic. edit: thinking on it I reckon it's something to do with the pre-prepared tactics I've got - I'm up to near max fluidity with a 4-2-3-1 wide and 4-4-2 diamond both on standard - flexible; any adjustments to that reduce it to Accomplished, and too many instructions goes all the way down to merely Competent. Changing player roles, interestingly, doesn't affect how fluid the team is in a formation, so I tend to only change roles - the AMC varies from being an attacking midfielder to advanced playmaker depending on who I'm using.

If I score/concede I'll tinker a little during matches (particularly towards the end of games or if there's a red card, say) but less seems to be more in terms of faffing about. Picking up quite a few yellow cards but by and large it's been working great.

How can you possibly fail with Thistle when you have the absolute cheat code that is Kris Doolan? I've never seen him fail to hit over 20 goals in both of the first two seasons

Didn't ever see the point of bringing these legends in. They're usually too unfit to play whole games and barque some increased shirt sales, a drain on budget.

Archived