Football Manager 2016

RJM77

Genuinely the most frustrating FM, despite having a far better team in my second season in the top tier it's still incredibly inconsistent, playing a 4-2-3-1 leads to me struggling to score goals or create chances, anytime I play a 4-4-2 I just seem to get completely overran in midfield.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Genuinely the most frustrating FM, despite having a far better team in my second season in the top tier it's still incredibly inconsistent, playing a 4-2-3-1 leads to me struggling to score goals or create chances, anytime I play a 4-4-2 I just seem to get completely overran in midfield.

What instructions you playing the 4-2-3-1 with?

My manager had decided to grow a ginger tache for the winter. Now that'd be ok I guess if I was ginger or could grow something as magmatic as this!

My manager had decided to grow a ginger tache for the winter. Now that'd be ok I guess if I was ginger or could grow something as magmatic as this!

Is this in November, aye?

Movember are one of the charities that Sports Interactive support. I'm managing in Brazil on my current save and my avatar looks like Emile Heskey.

Is this in November, aye?

Movember are one of the charities that Sports Interactive support. I'm managing in Brazil on my current save and my avatar looks like Emile Heskey.

Ahh that would explain it. Whilst it's a nice touch, my guy looks like a pedophile right now!

In my 16 years of playing FM/CM I have never left the club I started with. Told this to someone today who was absolutely shocked anyone had ever done this.

I'm in a similar boat. Although I have done it before it's not as regular an occurance as folk say it should be. Can have 5 different saves on the go (2 are always Clyde and Blackburn) at the one time though.

Won the German 3rd division with Hansa Rostock in my first season but struggling to get into it. I holidayed most of the games as any time I watched them, I normally lost despite using the same tactics and teams as I do when on holiday. Pleased that most of the squad are out of contract so can get rid of the majority, I ended up with six loan players who pretty much won me the league.

I'm now at Arsenal via Dundee then West Ham.

Look set for a top 4 finish (mid table expectation...) with an FA Cup final and CL semi still to come.

Dundee gaffer on the brink though so toying with a glorious return..

I attempted the same in the 2014 version and it backfired spectacularly. The four managers after me made an arse of what had been built before them, entire situation was FUBAR.

Yup. Never go back. Youll discover wonderkids have been sold for peanuts, loyal reliable players youd hoped would break appearance records have been dumped in the reserves then sold to some horrific side, previous managers have signed two defenders and fifteen central attacking midfielders and all the finances youd built up have been squandered.

Yup. Never go back. Youll discover wonderkids have been sold for peanuts, loyal reliable players youd hoped would break appearance records have been dumped in the reserves then sold to some horrific side, previous managers have signed two defenders and fifteen central attacking midfielders and all the finances youd built up have been squandered.

I left them with a healthy bank balance and some quality young players..

They are in financial trouble now (4 seasons later) :lol:

Despite my late season collapse with Wrexham and failure to get promoted with Wrexham I was somehow offered the MK Dons job just 2 days before the start of the Championship season. Haven't checked yet but assume Karl Robinson left for bigger and better things.

I accepted of course but have been given a horrible budget and the directive was to survive.

I'm bottom after 6 games with 2 draws and 4 defeats. Wondering if I've made a mistake but hopefully will work out ok.

I left them with a healthy bank balance and some quality young players..

They are in financial trouble now (4 seasons later) :lol:

I remember being with East Fife for something insane like 35 seasons. Eventually left after losing in the final of the CL, but they were absolutely loaded. The new manager came in and spent something like £65m on a 29 year old Mexican striker who was absolutely rotten. Relegated like 6 years later.

I left Burton Albion for QPR and returned only 6 months later to find exactly what's just been described, wonderkid sold for nothing, reliable keeper and defenders sold for nothing etc. Still got most of the players I brought in but they're relegation candidates now so need to try and get a keeper and some defenders in.

Finished my first (half) season with Arsenal last night.

Dragged them from 12th to finish 4th, lost the FA cup final to a last minute goal to man city but the CL win the following week against Man U at the millennium stadium made up for it.

Dundee gaffer turned it round and kept his job so no temptation any more!

Archived