Football Manager 2016

RJM77

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started a game with Hamilton and was sacked during first season after doing awful. Ended up at Falkirk who were bottom of championship. Took them to safety pretty easily.

Next season was doing great, beat st mirren to go top of league in January and then my laptop overheated and restarted. Played the St mirren game again and lost and then didn't win a game for 10 games and finished 4th :( lost in the playoffs.

Next season was just weird. After 25 games I was 8th in the league, having drawn over half my games and having lost the 2nd least amount of games.

Felt I needed a new challenge so went to troyes in France who were 3 points above relegation with 5 games to go. Didn't do great but did enough to stay up.

First full season with Troyes and I'm 6th just going into January despite my remit to be avoid relegation. Kazenga Lua Lua is an absolute beast for me.

Both Falkirk and Troyes youth academies are ridiculously good. Big teams constantly coming in for players who aren't even near my first team. Troyes especially have 14 year olds who come into the youth set up who are destined for great things.

Still struggling to get in to this. Have only started one game and I am now at Dunfermline after spells with United (sacked), East Fife (resigned) and Airdrie (resigned) over a spell of five seasons. I just can't seem to find any consistently good tactics and I find it a bit too 'in-depth' and overly sensitive (which I used to enjoy but not so much anymore).

Might start another game to see if it holds my interest but I wonder if it is just the game this year and maybe I am beyond enjoying Football Manager at the moment (as a loyal fan since Championship Manager 96/97 I am maybe playing it through habit more than enjoyment now).

Still struggling to get in to this. Have only started one game and I am now at Dunfermline after spells with United (sacked), East Fife (resigned) and Airdrie (resigned) over a spell of five seasons. I just can't seem to find any consistently good tactics and I find it a bit too 'in-depth' and overly sensitive (which I used to enjoy but not so much anymore).

Might start another game to see if it holds my interest but I wonder if it is just the game this year and maybe I am beyond enjoying Football Manager at the moment (as a loyal fan since Championship Manager 96/97 I am maybe playing it through habit more than enjoyment now).

I get this every year. Take a month or 2 off it, when you go back you'll wonder why you ever stopped.

I kept meaning to update during the course of my season but now that its over I will tell the dreadful tale.

So I ditched Clyde and started a new save in the Conference (or Vanarama FL) in England. I picked Wrexham due to their non-Englishness and tidy 15,000 all seater stadium.

Anyway, I made a really good start (thanks to Jermaine McGlashan and Stephen Elliot, possibly ex-Motherwell?, leading the way with 10+ goals each by Christmas) and by January 1st I was in first place, 8 points clear with a game in hand. I was reguarly hammering teams.

Then it just started to go wrong. I kept getting my league pulled back to 4 or 5 points with other teams having games in hand etc. They all kept tripping themselves up though and I thought I was going to squeeze through. I was 9 points clear with 10 games to go, then 6 clear with 6 games to go, 4 clear with 4 to go etc. Tranmere were closest to me and we played them away from home on the third last game of the season.

They beat me 5-1 which destroyed my goal difference but I had a home game against a team in the bottom half to go before my final away game. I drew that game 1-1 with Tranmere also drawing to keep me one clear. My final game was top vs bottom as I played already relegated 24th placed Barrow away from home.

Needless to say they beat me, Tranmere also lost though and I thought I was going to make it. Gateshead then scored in the last 5 mins to pull level on points and beat me on goal difference. When that goal went in I had my first real FM rage of the year, I could see it coming and then it happened.

I won none of my last 7 games and threw away a 2 goal lead and a 3 goal lead during that spell. I just couldn't get over the line.

I then won 9-8 on aggregate (not penalties, 5-2 away defeat and then a 7-3 home win) after extra time against Lincoln City which put me against Tranmere in the playoff final. Sadly though they beat me 1-0 in the last 10 mins and it was all over.

This last game was about 4am this morning and I went to my bed absolutely fucking raging.

I love Football Manager.

I'm the same, tbh.

Started a save with East Stirling which lasted only until December when I got sacked after going 14 games without a win.

Got an interview with some Welsh outfit, Airbus UK Broughton. Then I got interviewed for Arbroath. Both want me as their manager but don't know if I should stay in Scotland or try my luck in an unknown league.

Started a save with East Stirling which lasted only until December when I got sacked after going 14 games without a win.

Got an interview with some Welsh outfit, Airbus UK Broughton. Then I got interviewed for Arbroath. Both want me as their manager but don't know if I should stay in Scotland or try my luck in an unknown league.

I ended up down the Welsh league in my save and thought it was terrible. No-one available on free transfers and no money to spend.

Just bored so far this year. Need a challenge. Any teams I the lower leagues of Scotland and England that have no money and excellent youth faculties.

I was the same, so fucking bored. Done an Ajax save & it's rekindled my love. I'm trying to not sign too many players and use the youth system. There are some absolute gems in there.

I was the same, so fucking bored. Done an Ajax save & it's rekindled my love. I'm trying to not sign too many players and use the youth system. There are some absolute gems in there.

Might try something very similar or start unemployed.

Does anyone have any good tactics for stopping teams from scoring much goals in the Scottish lower leagues?,if some one gives me a tactic that works i'll give them a greenie.

No not really. I tried umpteen things but found the only thing I could do was make my team attacking as f**k and try and win games 5-2 and 4-3.

Only thing that got me clean sheets was a flat 4-5-1 but there were far too many 0-0 draws for it to be viable

No not really. I tried umpteen things but found the only thing I could do was make my team attacking as f**k and try and win games 5-2 and 4-3.

Only thing that got me clean sheets was a flat 4-5-1 but there were far too many 0-0 draws for it to be viable

Thanks for that. I think that i'll try and play a 3-5-2 and see how that goes.

Archived