Football Manager 2016

RJM77

Any tips on a striker to sign either permanently or on loan for the Rovers? In my second season after finishing 4th in the first and then faltering at the first hurdle in the play-offs. Most of who are interested in coming in on loan aren't of the standard I need, and the ones that are of that standard aren't interested.

Had McNulty from January last year and he was sublime but he's getting a chance in the 1st team at Shef Utd this year. Wighton the same at Dundee.

Don't know what his squad status will be but in my first season at Rangers i sent Ryan Hardie on loan to Kilmarnock for the season and he scored 14 goals, and he's now reached that total for me by November in the second season.

He might still be a hot prospect for Rangers and available for loan in your game.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any tips on a striker to sign either permanently or on loan for the Rovers? In my second season after finishing 4th in the first and then faltering at the first hurdle in the play-offs. Most of who are interested in coming in on loan aren't of the standard I need, and the ones that are of that standard aren't interested.

Had McNulty from January last year and he was sublime but he's getting a chance in the 1st team at Shef Utd this year. Wighton the same at Dundee.

Harry Cardwell caused me all manner of problems as a Rovers player on loan from Reading.

f**k this game.

f**k this game right in the fucking c**t.

After winning the championship with Hibs, moved to Southampton where I managed to get myself first with 2 games to go, into the final of the FA cup, takeover happens and I get sacked.

Laptop shut at that precise moment, that's fucking bullshit.

I started a game with Spurs, partly for a change and partly because they've got a pretty decent squad - bit light of quality in midfield but decent players through the rest of the squad, apart from up front where there is only Kane

Spent most of my initial budget on Vardy to provide Kane with some competition. Then Man Utd come sniffing around Kane. I was determined to keep him but he kept trying to force the move. Ended up getting over £60m for him :lol:

Spent some of that on Kevin Volland, who then scored a hat trick on his debut and another in the next game and I've still got over £40m in the bank :)

I'm finally flying with West Ham in the championship after a start which saw me flirting with the sack.

I've got 4 current England internationals (Luke shaw, Phil Jones, Chris smalling in already with Jordan Ibe to come in Jan) all of whom signed for me whilst in the championship for a combined outlay of just under £20 million (12.5 of which was on Ibe)

I'm questioning the fact I could sign these players in the championship tbh but I'll take it. On top of these lads I also have Jack wilshere, Leonardo bittencourt, Alan dzagoev in. I reckon my team is good enough for mid table in the prem tbh.

Divock Origi on loan up top is a monster and I've managed to get a fee for him agreed but he doesn't feel a move to a championship team is in his interest :(

I seem to struggle at home - I play balls out attacking football as a default 4-2-3-1 wide and away from home I'm scoring plenty of goals. At home however I've been in the receiving end of some terrible pumpings - I've gone all mixu paatelainen with a 5-3-2 with wing backs at home and seen a slight improvement but welcome any tips.

I'm heavy favourite most matches so I reckon I'm getting picked off on the counter but can't seem to consistently combat it!

Just about to go into third season with Celtic.

Treble first season and double the second after losing the league cup to St Johnstone on Penalties.

Got a ridiculous team for the scottish premier and the board keep chucking money at me despite two failed attempts to get out the group stage of champs league. Got Joe Gomez on loan from Liverpool who is a beast, Mousa Dembele and Jordan Mutch in middle of midfield. Odegaard on loan in Amc with Andros Townsend on the right and Adam Johnson on the left. Up front is a bit of a mess just now as pre getting Odegaard on loan I played two up front.

I have Fulham Moussa Dembele who got 36 in 39, Benteke who is fucking murder but on £75k a week I feel I have to include him and Nikola Kallinic who is also a total baller he scored 21 in 17 starts and 13 sub appearances.

Coming in on PCA's are Berahino, Isla from Juve and Ron Robert Zieler.

After winning the Asian U-23s my job was terminated as there were no games coming up (I thought they'd have kept me on til the Olympics) and applied for Norwich, Blackpool and Bolton (all three had been relegated). Blackpool offered me the job but delayed a week and got the Norwich job. Sold Jerome, van Wolfswinkel, Bassong and a few others who wanted to leave after relegation and a few players I no longer wanted like Whittaker, Turner and Andreu.

Snapped up a few promising youngsters who I can pap out to my new feeder club (Morton) but mostly relying on loands: Ojo from Liverpool, McNair and Pereria from Man U, some fella from Ajax and Christie and Fisher from Celtic. My only major signings were Blackett from Man U (£2,000,000), Bamford from Chelsea (£3,000,000) and Clough from Bolton (£3,5000,000). I'm a ridiculous amount under my wage budget, don't even think I'm using half of it, but top of the league, level on points with Leicester, with 8 wins and 2 defeats.

I spunked my entire budget of £650k on Jason Cummings for St. Mirren after winning the playoffs and he's proven quite the hit with 18 on hos first season so far. With 7 games left I'm currently 2nd bottom with a chance of still making top six (3 points ahead) but the second highest scorers in the league. We've conceded and absolute shedload of goals. Don't even have a penny left in the budget to shore up my defence.

Stevie Mallan and Cummings are my money makers though, worth £2.5m and £1.6m respectively. I dare say one or both will be shifted on in the summer.

Still fm15, but I'm currently at Man Utd in 2023 (via Clyde, Brechin then Hearts), and just drew Liverpool in the Champions Cup final, at Old Trafford. 2-0 down at half time, I lose the plot with the players, then we go and skelp them 5-2.

Signing a 35 year old Lionel Messi for £5m was an absolute steal, the guy's a monster even at that age.

Signing a 35 year old Lionel Messi for £5m was an absolute steal, the guy's a monster even at that age.

I had a save in FM 15 where I was Liverpool and went to Dortmund after about 8 seasons. First 2 signings were free agents Neuer and Messi, in their mid 30s and still sublime

f**k this game.

f**k this game right in the fucking c**t.

After winning the championship with Hibs, moved to Southampton where I managed to get myself first with 2 games to go, into the final of the FA cup, takeover happens and I get sacked.

Laptop shut at that precise moment, that's fucking bullshit.

Hibs bug in the game. So it's realistic.

Just starting my third season with the Rovers, still in the Championship after two failed attempts at the play-offs, falling at the first hurdle both times. Missed winning the league by 1 point, with the top four all separated by the same margin, crazy close ending to the campaign.

post-10094-0-61406600-1449153926_thumb.p

Alex Kiwomya, on loan from Chelsea for the 2nd consecutive season, was a complete beast this year. 23 league goals from 35 games from right wing, he rightly won the POTY. Bob McHugh and Caoloan Lavery ran him pretty close. I managed to get McHugh in on a free before the end of the season, so i'm hopeful him, Nicky Clark and Lewis Vaughan can shoot me to the title this season.

post-10094-0-95023000-1449154062_thumb.p

post-10094-0-66525500-1449154088_thumb.p

Motherwell got Lavery in on a free but they're paying him £3k a week, which pretty much rules me out of getting him any time soon.

Finding it pretty hard to keep a hold of James Craigen now, despite making him captain and giving him a wage rise. Being offered around £120k for him but I doubt i'll be able to get anyone in with the same quality for the same sized wages, so i'm knocking them back and telling him that I don't think he'll get as much game time anywhere else and he's buying it for me. Lewis Milne was a pretty astute singing as well, got him on a free after he was bizarrely released by Cowden after they won League 1. Him and Craigen in centre midfield is the business.

post-10094-0-71069600-1449154279_thumb.p

post-10094-0-31210500-1449154344_thumb.p

Generally at home and against teams I know i'll be dominating the match I play a 4-1-2-2-1 with the Control mentality and Flexible shape, retaining the ball and working it into the box whilst pushing up high and not allowing short distribution from the keeper. In games in which i'm going to be up against it I usually go 4-1-4-1, counter mentality and a structured shape whilst dropping slightly deeper and playing quite narrow to just make it a bit of a shiftiest. Very nearly beat Aberdeen away in the quarter of the Scottish employing this, but Rooney scored twice in the last 5 minutes to beat me 2-1.

Ross Matthews is worth keeping an eye on, his development has been pretty swift. He's currently unhappy because I didn't give him first team assurances as I don't think he's quite of the quality, but would be a straight pick in a mid/lower-table Championship team.

This season I've managed to get Kiwomya for a third consecutive season whilst still paying zero wages. Also got Alex Prohouly from QPR to play on the other wing, zero wages again. Brought in Billy King from Hearts after he wasn't retained there, so he should offer me excellent cover for either wing. Got £50k from Rangers for Sean Mackie, plus 50% of his next fee, and just over £20k from Falkirk for Ryan McCord who was shite and a moaning faced little c**t. Shipped John Baird out to St Mirren after one disappointing season, singing McHugh in his place. Should be a far better option.

Kean Bryan was also a cracking bit of business, in on loan from Man City at the back of last season. Managed to keep him for the whole season this time.

Kept going with my Thistle save - finished 3rd in my first season just behind Aberdeen and Celtic (who were absolutely minging most of the season and only just won the league - beat them twice at firhill in the league and drew 0-0 at celtic park, though they beat me after the split to knock me out of the title running, b*****ds)

Strugglin' to find free agents who are a) good enough, b) good enough without asking for crazy money and c) good enough without asking for crazy money that don't end up going elsewhere - Aberdeen have beaten me to 4 signings (3 permanent and one loanee, which is incredibly frustrating, including Jason Cummings who I was desperate to sign based on rave reviews on here). More than half my squad is loanee's for this reason though tbf that doesn't bother me too much, makes it harder to raise money from player sales but a lot of clubs only ask for 50% wage contributions at most so some of the quality that I've been able to bring in is very, very good. Carlton Morris should be great for me, 15 goals in about 20 league games for Hamilton. Tried to get Devarn Green who scored a crazy amount for Killie but he's in the Blackburn first team now.

Abusing the everloving shit out of the senior affiliates, currently got Toulouse, Palermo and Augsburg, all paying about £50k a year, though I've only got Quentin Bolsgard in from Toulouse (who looks the part and isn't paid a penny, woop).

Archived