Football Manager 2016

RJM77

Got offered a choice between Palermo or Toulouse as a senior affiliate. A tricky choice, since Toulouse reserves had a couple of players I liked the look of that likely would have been available for loan immediately but were in positions I'm well covered in and any good youngsters at Palermo were already out on loan but they have a few more players in the reserves than Toulouse that I quite liked the look of. Opted for Palermo since I think it'll be a better choice longer term, hope it's like the last years version and you can have umpteen senior affiliates and I can get offered similar big-name choices again though.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aston villa were relegated in my save and in January were 13th in the championship. After sacking the manager offered me an interview and then the job. What a task on my hands. I currently have an embargo enforced in mid march as the current board are weighing up a takeover bid. Already been told Michael Laudrup will be brought in if successful.

Eta Grealish is an absolute beast.

St Johnstone are definitely broken, i've decided.

Get to Euro League group stage beating some decent teams on the way. Lose narrowly to Dortmund 2-1 and beat Maribor in group stage.

In league i've now played 11 games, drawn 1 and lost 10. :unsure2:

Tried about 4 different tactics and each one keeps getting worse and worse. Hamilton just beat me 4-0 FFS.

St Johnstone are definitely broken, i've decided.

Get to Euro League group stage beating some decent teams on the way. Lose narrowly to Dortmund 2-1 and beat Maribor in group stage.

In league i've now played 11 games, drawn 1 and lost 10. :unsure2:

Tried about 4 different tactics and each one keeps getting worse and worse. Hamilton just beat me 4-0 FFS.

I'm the exact same with saints this season. Makes it worse as I do the ratings for them :wacko:

Weirdly the way saints has been rated is very minimal from last season. Couple of players down rated and some others put up the way. Weird. Need to try and solve this with a new save but something radical in the tactics

Not convinced its a problem with what you've done tbh. The difference in quality of the league is probably right, but a quality signing for one side can push them up and others down, and every club on my saves seems to manage to sign some OP'd English youngster on loan. That Tarique Fosu or whatever always ends up with 20+ goals regardless of who loans him.

So Aston Villa are back on the road to recovery. Totally overhauled the squad.

Sergio Romero, Isla, Mitrovic (loan), Nathan Dyer and the star signing of Munir for £13 million has managed to turn the tide somewhat. Was surprised most were interested in coming to me but glad they are on board. Grealish had 12 months left on his contract and managed to get £10 million from stoke as he wasn't interested in renewing his deal. Long way to go but hopefully Villa will be back with the big boys next season.

Season 4 done, with more success. Finished 3rd in the league yet again, but only just. A poor start of 2 wins in my first 7 games and a poor end to the season - 2 wins in last 9, including 5 draws, prevented me perhaps improving on last year. Sevco have now finished 4th in each of the 3 seasons since they came up. ^_^

post-15093-0-73250500-1448117107_thumb.p

Got knocked out in the QF of the Scottish Cup against Dundee. Would have been nice to retain the trophy, but not overly bothered about it. I did however win the league cup, beating Dundee 4-2. So I've now won the Championship, Scottish & League Cups!

Europe was a roaring success! Made it in to the group stage, knocking out Vojvodina 3-2 on aggregate, then Malmo 7-1, then finally AZ Alkmaar 3-1. The group stage was even better. I was in with Braga, Galatasaray & Rijeka. Beat Rijeka home and away, Braga home and away and beat Gala at home, with a draw away from home.

post-15093-0-44196400-1448117704_thumb.p

Drew Lokomotiv Moscow in the 1st knockout round and beat them 2-1 in Russia and 3-1 at home. Fell at the next hurdle against Sevilla, drawing 2-2 at home and losing 2-1 late on in Spain. Even if that goal hadn't been scored, I'd still have went out on away goals. Plenty of money made though from getting that far.

Had a couple of terrific comebacks during the season, can't decide which one is more impressive:

post-15093-0-15196700-1448117881_thumb.p

post-15093-0-93981500-1448117889_thumb.p

After all that, I've ended up with £8m in the bank with a £7m transfer budget for next season thanks to prize money for the league and Europe. Not that I'll use all that, of course, I'd end up bankrupting the club. In saying that, it looks like the club might be trying to do that themselves:

post-15093-0-96980500-1448118546_thumb.p

New stadium. £17m. :unsure:

Made a couple of very good signings throughout the season as well. Marko Vesovic came in from Palermo for £400k as the scouts had him 4 1/2 stars for both RB & AMR. Played him AMR - 27 goals and 16 assists. Also signed Stefano Sensi on a free transfer from Cesena and he's now worth around £3m. Switching Craig Sibbald from the centre of midfield up to AML worked a treat as he scored 17 goals and assisted another 19. Worth £4m and also had a few caps for Scotland, too. :) Hoping to make a proper push for the title this season, particularly as Celtic aren't very good.

Anyone recommend some players to me? Going into my 2nd season as Hibs, won the Championship and Scottish Cup (stop laughing at the back!) so I'm in Europa League. Particularly need a goalie, left winger and right back

Oxley is okay but not good enough for the level I want, I did get a pretty good goalie in my first intake but he's nowhere near ready to step into the number 1 role. Gray has started to deteriorate and we don't have a natural left winger. Tried getting Brandon Barker on loan but Citeh told me to get stuffed :(

I was looking at Crewe's Ben Garratt but he's wanting over £7k in wages

Any and all suggestions are welcome

(Also assistant manager suggestions would be welcome. Holden's decided to piss off. I do have Joe McLaughlin but he's operating as my chief scout at the moment)

Anyone recommend some players to me? Going into my 2nd season as Hibs, won the Championship and Scottish Cup (stop laughing at the back!) so I'm in Europa League. Particularly need a goalie, left winger and right back

Oxley is okay but not good enough for the level I want, I did get a pretty good goalie in my first intake but he's nowhere near ready to step into the number 1 role. Gray has started to deteriorate and we don't have a natural left winger. Tried getting Brandon Barker on loan but Citeh told me to get stuffed :(

I was looking at Crewe's Ben Garratt but he's wanting over £7k in wages

Any and all suggestions are welcome

(Also assistant manager suggestions would be welcome. Holden's decided to piss off. I do have Joe McLaughlin but he's operating as my chief scout at the moment)

Marcus Bettinelli (sp) from Fulham, that's who I've signed as a keeper.

Was starting to look like I'd sussed out St Johnstone, then I lose Scobbie, McKay, Davidson, O'Halloran, Thomson, Smith and Cummins all for at least two months in the space of two weeks :lol:

Just lost Caddis too. Down to 15 fit players for the next match, with three of those right backs

Hibs is a total cheat. I won the championship without losing a single match. 26 wins, 10 draws. I lost 2 matches in 90 minutes all season - home challenge cup match against Rangers, where I put out my reserves, and a 3-2 defeat away at Partick Thisle in the Scottish cup. I lost in the league cup to Inverness on penalties.

James Keatings scored 35 goals, 34 of them in the league, and Cummings managed 25.

Start the following season with a 4-0 away win at Dundee United, a 4-2 home win against Celtic and a 2-1 away win at Aberdeen :lol:

Lost my first league match and it was a stinker - lost 2-1 at home to Kilmarnock.

Managed to sign Barmby on a free after he was released by Leicester. Lee Nicholls is my new goalie, was between him and Benjamin Siegrist but decided on Nicholls. Still looking for a new right back. Andy Watson is my new Assistant manager. John Porteous has retired so Hibs' most popular backroom staff with the fans Kitty Mackinnon (you're drooling, stop it) has stepped up to the head physio role.

Confidence does seem to overcome ability a lot in this game as well. Most of my players are on superb moral, and we're in the playoff round of the Europa League. Beat Petrovac, Leiga Warsaw & Hapoel Be'er-Sheva to get there. So far in the two league games I've beaten Dundee United 4-2 & Caley 2-1

Given up with Saints tbh. Gone unemployed with no coaching badges and Sunday League player reputation, which is pretty realistic :lol:

Berwick Rangers already offered me an interview though, bizarrely. But they went for John Coughlin instead.

Loading NI, ROI, Wales and the Vanarama leagues was a smart move

Archived