Football Manager 2016

RJM77

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First season with leicester. Sitting top in my first season at the moment after 26 games. Seem to be absolutely bossing it. Players bought in pre season are :

Hakim Ziyech £10m

Charlie Austin £10.5m

Jeffrey Bruma £7.5m

Not sure ill manage to hold on but shoild get europe at least. My usual team is

Schmeichel

De laet Huth Bruma Fuchs

Dyer Inler. King. Mahrez

Kramaric. Vardy/austin

Long may it continue

Struggling a little to get into this, unusually. My Thistle save is going fine - a few games in and I've won every match apart from a 3-0 away pumping to Inverness who were absolutely unstoppable, despite me beating Celtic comfortably 2-1 at home - but I think its possible that years of playing as pretty much nobody but Thistle has taken its toll. Could be a lack of a meaningful derby, that they start off solid enough these days that the challenge of going from the lower leagues to European football isn't really what it was (last years version I managed to win the top division in my first season ffs) or any number of reasons. Dundee Utd are bottom with 6 defeats in 6 games on my save!

Don't know who to go as otherwise - will stick at the Thistle save for a while. Maybe in Russia/Italy/Holland, don't like one extreme or the other i.e. starting as a Gibrlatarian amateur side vs. starting as Man Utd/Juventus/Real Madrid or the like.

Struggling a little to get into this, unusually. My Thistle save is going fine - a few games in and I've won every match apart from a 3-0 away pumping to Inverness who were absolutely unstoppable, despite me beating Celtic comfortably 2-1 at home - but I think its possible that years of playing as pretty much nobody but Thistle has taken its toll. Could be a lack of a meaningful derby, that they start off solid enough these days that the challenge of going from the lower leagues to European football isn't really what it was (last years version I managed to win the top division in my first season ffs) or any number of reasons. Dundee Utd are bottom with 6 defeats in 6 games on my save!

Don't know who to go as otherwise - will stick at the Thistle save for a while. Maybe in Russia/Italy/Holland, don't like one extreme or the other i.e. starting as a Gibrlatarian amateur side vs. starting as Man Utd/Juventus/Real Madrid or the like.

Just for something different, try the SIr Alex Ferugson challenge

There are a few variants, but the one I'm talking about simply requires you to start a new game, sim to November 6th & take over the team in 19th position. You then have to try and replicate the greatness that Sir Alex brought to Man United with the team you get

Just for something different, try the SIr Alex Ferugson challenge

There are a few variants, but the one I'm talking about simply requires you to start a new game, sim to November 6th & take over the team in 19th position. You then have to try and replicate the greatness that Sir Alex brought to Man United with the team you get

I done that with Stoke in FM13 I think it was, quite enjoyed it.

Just bought a laptop and this is my first ever fm. Going to take a while to get used to seeing all the detail it goes into but hopefully I can get a hang of it quickly. Starting a save with Morton, anyone got any tips? :P

Kiss your family goodbye.

Left the Dee's for relegated West Ham.

Sold most of my players as they weren't happy, been able to replace them with surprising quality at half the price.

Mahrez, bittencourt, bas dost. Dzagoev, wilshere, smalling, Phil Jones, Luke shaw.....

Not sure how realistic it is that guys like Luke shaw will be leaving Man U for £2.6 million to the championship in 5 seasons time but I'll take it.

Divock Origi also transfer listed by Liverpool, valued at 12mill, listed for £25 mill. Got him on a season long loan..,,

Trounced Doncaster first match 4-0, destroyed Oxford 7-0 in the cup. Not won in 6 since then :lol:

So despite nearly hibs' it by getting spanked 3-0 at home against west brom on the last game, I won the league with Leicester on goal difference. Went through the summer and made a few signings. Arsenal offered me an interview then the job with a budget of £85m so I saved a seperate leicester game and went with arsenal

So despite nearly hibs' it by getting spanked 3-0 at home against west brom on the last game, I won the league with Leicester on goal difference. Went through the summer and made a few signings. Arsenal offered me an interview then the job with a budget of £85m so I saved a seperate leicester game and went with arsenal

Saved a separate game? Weak. Have some convictions with your managerial decisions! :P

I paid £30 for the "limited edition" in Tesco last night, probably a bit overpriced I'm guessing but it was on a whim.

I am terrible with technology and I remember this from my last fm experience but see all this shite having to install steam and then running from there - really does my head in. My laptop is old (FM2011 old) and installing was a nightmare. Game seems to be running ok but I haven't got to International week yet which from memory was always horrible.

I've gone Clyde for my first save, I'm not expecting much but comfortable in the knowledge that if money gets tight I can rely on the support to blindly pass their banking information and security answers to me when I need quick cash.

Any tips on a striker to sign either permanently or on loan for the Rovers? In my second season after finishing 4th in the first and then faltering at the first hurdle in the play-offs. Most of who are interested in coming in on loan aren't of the standard I need, and the ones that are of that standard aren't interested.

Had McNulty from January last year and he was sublime but he's getting a chance in the 1st team at Shef Utd this year. Wighton the same at Dundee.

Just won my first ever international tournament. Went Man U and got the bag in October (harshly I felt. I was 9th but only 5 pts off the top and only lost once in the league all season) ended up going for the Aussie U-23 job to keep things ticking over and own the Asian U-23 championship. Scored 28 goals and my right back, some guy called Galloway, got 9 assists. Quite chuffed with myself.

Archived