Football Manager 2016

RJM77

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone recommend some players to me? Going into my 2nd season as Hibs, won the Championship and Scottish Cup (stop laughing at the back!) so I'm in Europa League. Particularly need a goalie, left winger and right back

Oxley is okay but not good enough for the level I want, I did get a pretty good goalie in my first intake but he's nowhere near ready to step into the number 1 role. Gray has started to deteriorate and we don't have a natural left winger. Tried getting Brandon Barker on loan but Citeh told me to get stuffed :(

I was looking at Crewe's Ben Garratt but he's wanting over £7k in wages

Any and all suggestions are welcome

(Also assistant manager suggestions would be welcome. Holden's decided to piss off. I do have Joe McLaughlin but he's operating as my chief scout at the moment)

Tried to get barker back on loan. p***k moved to Leicester. Have Pallardo and Watmore on trial.

Also have the option between Garratt or Nicholls as goalie. Both have amazing stats.

Tried to get barker back on loan. p***k moved to Leicester. Have Pallardo and Watmore on trial.

Also have the option between Garratt or Nicholls as goalie. Both have amazing stats.

Started another Hibs save but on the first one, I signed Watmore and he's been quality.

Groin strains GALORE

Surprisingly had very few injuries since signing the 3 women on to join Kitty. That and I now have the best medic team in the Scottish Premiership and the Under 20s (literally and figuratively 8) ) :lol:

Can't say I ain't good to my players ;)

T41J99Y.png

DxyxkOs.png

Went to school with Alyson. Nice lass. My sister's fella's ex as well.

Anyway...

Had this issue crop up twice and wondering if anyone else has had it. After finishing a match when it goes that loading screen showing you upcoming fixtures and such it wont go off that. I can see the news and such behind it but it wont come off that screen even if I hit "browse".

Given up with Saints tbh. Gone unemployed with no coaching badges and Sunday League player reputation, which is pretty realistic :lol:

Berwick Rangers already offered me an interview though, bizarrely. But they went for John Coughlin instead.

Loading NI, ROI, Wales and the Vanarama leagues was a smart move

We'll take anything we can fucking get. I wouldnt be surprised if this is also happened IRL

Currently in my second season with Cruzon Ashton in the conference north. First season finished 13th first season when predicted to finish 22nd, spent most season sniffing about play offs before faltering away badly at end.

Brought in an assistant manager and coach in the summer having only had a goalkeeping coach and fitness coach for first. Currently in play offs sitting 4th or 5th (again supposed to be battling relegation)but having a bit of a slump in form. Board absolutely love me due to being a tight b*****d with wages, was about £500 under in first season, second I'm £1,200 under but spent pretty much the first half of the season at £2k under until I signed Nicky hunt formerly of Bolton and couple of others to help the promotion push.

Finally won the league with Dundee in my 4th season.

Also lost the league cup final to Rangers and the Scottish cup semi to st Johnstone :(

10 points ahead going into the split, lost every game comfortably after the split that but clinched the title with a game to go due to Celtic dropping points.

Not the best way to win it but it will do!

ETA in true Dundee fashion I appear to have potentially financially fucked it in chasing success....

I had £8million in the bank at the start of the season (mostly thanks to decent league finishes, Europa group stages twice and selling players) and spent around £300k on players. I then got my board to buy a player for me for 700k after I had spent my budget.

Obviously these players were of a higher standard and their wages reflect that. I already had a few highly paid players (my top earner gets about £8k) but if I had to guess an average firs team players wages I'd go £4.5 - £5k.....

I'm now 1 game away from the end of the season and sitting £1.5 million in the red having made an overall season loss of £10million - I'm expecting around £4 million in prize money but if I don't drastically cut my wage budget that will disappear again over the summer so I'm thinking it might be time to sell all the big earners and use all the youngsters I have signed on free transfers over the past few seasons.

This sounds like great fun in my head but I fear the reality may be a board expecting a European place and a squad maybe capable of grabbing top 6 at most for a couple of seasons...

I have a few old heads in earning not too much (Russell Martin on 1.7k a week for example) so I can try and keep an experienced core together with modest wages and augment it with youngsters.

Just bought a laptop and this is my first ever fm. Going to take a while to get used to seeing all the detail it goes into but hopefully I can get a hang of it quickly. Starting a save with Morton, anyone got any tips? :P

Just bought a laptop and this is my first ever fm. Going to take a while to get used to seeing all the detail it goes into but hopefully I can get a hang of it quickly. Starting a save with Morton, anyone got any tips? :P

Get a midfielder or 2 in, you're utterly fucked there until Tidser and McKee come back, you can get Handling on loan from Hibs which I'd recommend, done great for me.

Tried starting a few games after my st Johnstone failure and couldn't buy a win or find a tactic to work.

Decided I needed an easy game to get my confidence up so went rangers. Only player I paid for was Cummings who ended up league top scorer.

Finally found a tactic that works aswell. A 3-5-2 with a regista and attacking mentality, very high tempo and get stuck in.

Won the league sort of comfortably. Falkirk were ridiculously good and finished 20 points ahead of 3rd placed Hibs, but I finished 12 points ahead of them in the end.

Won the Scottish cup after beating celtic in semi final and the challenge cup, but Celtic beat me in semi final of league cup.

Partnership of Cummings and McNulty is lethal up front at championship level.

Tried starting a few games after my st Johnstone failure and couldn't buy a win or find a tactic to work.

Decided I needed an easy game to get my confidence up so went rangers. Only player I paid for was Cummings who ended up league top scorer.

Finally found a tactic that works aswell. A 3-5-2 with a regista and attacking mentality, very high tempo and get stuck in.

Won the league sort of comfortably. Falkirk were ridiculously good and finished 20 points ahead of 3rd placed Hibs, but I finished 12 points ahead of them in the end.

Won the Scottish cup after beating celtic in semi final and the challenge cup, but Celtic beat me in semi final of league cup.

Partnership of Cummings and McNulty is lethal up front at championship level.

Is that not just because you are playing with a strong team against mainly poor sides though?

Is that not just because you are playing with a strong team against mainly poor sides though?

Nah because it took me about 6 games to find a tactic that didn't make me look like Ally McCoist's version of Rangers. I beat plenty of Premier League teams on the way to the cup semi finals and final, and beat Celtic in the Scottish cup semi final so it's definitely a good enough tactic to do decently in Scottish Football.

I'm not going to be conquering Europe with this tactic or team any time soon, but i genuinely hadn't won a league game in 3 different saves before i done this one, so i'm more than happy with the tactics for once.

It's been a running joke for a couple of years now between my friends because i always get sacked by October, because i am god awful at Football Manager these days, and don't have the time, energy or inclination to footer about with tactics and training etc.

Archived