Football Manager 2016

RJM77

Just had a gander on the editor...

Dundee fans profile vs United fans profile makes for interesting reading...

Utd fans more loyal, passionate, far more patient(13 vs 5!), and with a higher temperament (no idea what that translates as in game)

Also interested to see what constitutes 'other income' as Utd have £400k of it every year until 2020 (renewed as well) whilst poor Dundee/st Johnstone/hearts etc have £0....

Almost like an Arab thought this up.....

The fan profile stuff probably hasn't been edited for years by the different assistant researchers, but then fan traits tend not to change. I'm certainly not going to edit the fan traits of a different club; I hire assistant researchers to make sure that info is accurate.

So if you don't think Dundee's is correct (and any comparison to Dundee Utd is irrelevant) then take it up with the Dundee researcher. It's not like he didn't have the opportunity to change it, and had he changed it, I certainly wouldn't have minded.

It doesn't make much of a difference to the game anyway.

In terms of finance, you're wrong.

Dundee United don't have £400k every year. They have £400k spread over the two dates; 01/07/2007 - 30/06/2020 which I have inputted for their Arabzone income stream. That amounts to £30769 per year, which is about 615 members. Hence it's quite a conservative estimate.

Why do United have this income but other clubs don't?

The answer is simple; I've entered financial information and the associated researchers for these other clubs have not (although they've entered sponsorship info and that's the priority). They have the opportunity and they know exactly what they can add, but information isn't readily available, so some might not do it.

Ultimately, a lot of researchers have a tendency - when there is so much stuff to edit - to focus their energies into the players/staff side of research, and I'm happy enough with that.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fan profile stuff probably hasn't been edited for years by the different assistant researchers, but then fan traits tend not to change. I'm certainly not going to edit the fan traits of a different club; I hire assistant researchers to make sure that info is accurate.

So if you don't think Dundee's is correct (and any comparison to Dundee Utd is irrelevant) then take it up with the Dundee researcher. It's not like he didn't have the opportunity to change it, and had he changed it, I certainly wouldn't have minded.

It doesn't make much of a difference to the game anyway.

In terms of finance, you're wrong.

Dundee United don't have £400k every year. They have £400k spread over the two dates; 01/07/2007 - 30/06/2020 which I have inputted for their Arabzone income stream. That amounts to £30769 per year, which is about 615 members. Hence it's quite a conservative estimate.

Why do United have this income but other clubs don't?

The answer is simple; I've entered financial information and the associated researchers for these other clubs have not (although they've entered sponsorship info and that's the priority). They have the opportunity and they know exactly what they can add, but information isn't readily available, so some might not do it.

Ultimately, a lot of researchers have a tendency - when there is so much stuff to edit - to focus their energies into the players/staff side of research, and I'm happy enough with that.

Fair cop - cheers for the clarification.

The fans stuff was probably just more point scoring on my behalf - Dundee fans loyalty being so low would be incorrect for me purely based on the number of us who stuck around through 2 admins and an extended sabbatical in the Championship etc - although I'd say it needs revised you are quite correct it's not a massive game changer

Your explanation of the "Other Income" makes a bit more sense now - I read it as £400k a season until 2020 then to be renewed. This would obviously have been a huge advantage but £30k a year is a bit fairer. With the fine margins in finance in Scottish football I'd argue there should be a co-ordinated effort to get this information for all clubs or not include it at all - it's only £30k a year but that's £30k a year Dundee are probably getting through DeeTV but isn't included in game. Seems harsh to fans of other teams that they are penalized by lack of research / effort from their particular clubs researchers. Your personal commitment is to be commended to be fair.

I won't go into the Utd players who IMO are grossly overrated out of respect for your efforts :P

In the interest of not just complaining for the sake of it - if there is a requirement for more researchers I'd happily offer help if required.

Makes no difference for me, United are just as shite in the game as they are in real life. Mixu's already been sacked and replaced by George Burley :lol:

Malky Mackay took over in mine and has Utd in fairly good shape in 4th.

He's just left them for Hibs though after I got Stubbsy the sack with a 4-1 rout at ER.

Side note, Aberdeen have Scott Bain in goal after I sold him to Celtic (zwick was seen as a better option by Celtic...) who then flogged him to the Dons. They also have Greg Stewart, Jason Cummings, Niall mcginn and Adam Rooney as options up top.

I hate Aberdeen.

Fair cop - cheers for the clarification.

The fans stuff was probably just more point scoring on my behalf - Dundee fans loyalty being so low would be incorrect for me purely based on the number of us who stuck around through 2 admins and an extended sabbatical in the Championship etc - although I'd say it needs revised you are quite correct it's not a massive game changer

Your explanation of the "Other Income" makes a bit more sense now - I read it as £400k a season until 2020 then to be renewed. This would obviously have been a huge advantage but £30k a year is a bit fairer. With the fine margins in finance in Scottish football I'd argue there should be a co-ordinated effort to get this information for all clubs or not include it at all - it's only £30k a year but that's £30k a year Dundee are probably getting through DeeTV but isn't included in game. Seems harsh to fans of other teams that they are penalized by lack of research / effort from their particular clubs researchers. Your personal commitment is to be commended to be fair.

I won't go into the Utd players who IMO are grossly overrated out of respect for your efforts :P

In the interest of not just complaining for the sake of it - if there is a requirement for more researchers I'd happily offer help if required.

Just in general it's a difficult balancing act to get right because you've got to make accurate predictions for the season in August, then that information - especially the players - gets hyper-analysed against how teams are doing on the week the game is released.

So I look at United and think 'Yes, they are overrated based on how they are doing now'. I'd have Darko Bodul (who I never edited as I trusted the judgement of the Austrian team and had barely seen him in action when data was finalised) lower, I'd have Zwick (who looked to be a good keeper with great potential in August but seems to have faded away) lower, I'd have Souttar lower, I'd have Szromnik higher, I'd make Scott Fraser more one footed now that I've seen him play more often. There are so many different things I'd tweak, and I'm sure it's the same for everyone else.

But come January when we'll likely next edit stuff, things might have changed again.

You're right when you say there should be a consistency among at least the Premiership sides for finance info, and next year I might throw it open to let more people have a say, but I don't want to tread on the toes of my own team.

It's more difficult than you'd think though to even get researchers for clubs. This time around I didn't have researchers for two teams in the top flight and three in the Championship when it came to the crunch. Oh, you get people enthusiastic at the start of the process; you always do. But this year I had the usual mix of "My father is in hospital", "My laptop is in for repair", "I've tried to download the stuff but it won't let me" "I did send in the files on time; oh wait, my emails aren't working well at the moment" style bullshit excuses at deadline times so you just have to move on without these guys and do the best you can yourself.

I had one researcher for a top division side go AWOL and not hand stuff in, despite me emailing him asking where his stuff was. He didn't even bother to reply, but he was active on Twitter.

It can be very frustrating.

But when I look on the SI forums and see fewer posts in the Scottish Data Issues thread than in the Tottenham Hotspur thread, I'm happy enough.

It's so easy to critique any team or player in the game ,but until you have seen what Is involved in working out player stats etc, you have no idea how much work goes into it. Yes I dare say most researchers have had a disagreement over a multitude of things with Stuart ,but being brutally honest, for us Scottish FM players and fans, we are lucky we have someone with so much attention to detail sailing the ship.it's a thankless task . Credit to the researchers !!

when I done the saints squad ratings, we were on poor run and not playing as we were now. When I rated the likes of macca, mackay, Davidson etc they to me were on downward trend towards end of last season and didn't set world alight early this season. Shows what I know :wacko: I know for a fact I will be putting macca, cummins, Davidson, Craig and spoony back up as have been consistently better since the data was submitted. I will also have to look to increase o'halloran again as he has been the standout ( I upped him quite a bit already)

Two assistants (Mark McGhee, and then Davie Weir once McGhee retired) I've had for Scotland have now both had hard-ons for O'Halloran and demanded I pick him in my squads. He got a couple of caps, one goal, but was generally not very good at that level.

I'll not lie, I'm hyper analysing it as I'm about to start a hot seat game with an Arab and the potential in that team is giving me 10x the fear it gives me in reality which led me to question a potential imbalance.

For context, Craig Wighton is (just) 18 and regarded as our best prospect in a generation and is involved in the Scotland set up from a young age.

Utd have approximately 10 young players as good as it better than him PA wise. I just don't think that's true tbh but appreciate its all opinions!

Echo the sentiments above - generally the Scottish league is very well done but you might want to have a word with the Caley and Hibs researchers :lol:

RG - how was del piero? Did you get him into a saints shirt?

Think it was Standard offered him almost three times what i did, so he went there instead. Played 28 times with a 7.21 rating :(

Started yet another save and went for Cammy Smith instead. A wise move.

Just played Aberdeen in the semi-finals of the League cupat Pittodrie. :huh:

The Challenge Cup final doesn't get played at a neutral venue either.

Was a good thing because it meant I got to play the final in front of a home support, which was shite when I lost.

I'll not lie, I'm hyper analysing it as I'm about to start a hot seat game with an Arab and the potential in that team is giving me 10x the fear it gives me in reality which led me to question a potential imbalance.

For context, Craig Wighton is (just) 18 and regarded as our best prospect in a generation and is involved in the Scotland set up from a young age.

Utd have approximately 10 young players as good as it better than him PA wise. I just don't think that's true tbh but appreciate its all opinions!

Echo the sentiments above - generally the Scottish league is very well done but you might want to have a word with the Caley and Hibs researchers :lol:

Has Zwick not got the highest potential of a keeper in Scotland?

The injuries are sort of ruining the enjoyment of this for me, but I'm plundering on anyway. Won the Championship with Falkirk in my second season, despite being pretty average for most of the campaign. Motherwell enjoyed back-to-back relegations and are currently topping League One. We made the League Cup final too, but got pumped by Celtic.

First season in the Premiership has went pretty well. The start was horrendous, winning only one of my first seven games - against league leaders Dundee United, no less. I quite like the way my team is set up so I don't play with my formation too much, just little tweaks here and there. I started the season with a 'control' mentality, but it wasn't getting me anywhere so I eventually switched to playing on the counter, which has seen me go from second bottom of the table up to 3rd, with 5 wins in 6. My only loss was against Hearts who are 2nd. Highlights have been 4-2 wins at Sevco and Dundee United. My problem early on was scoring goals, but since switching the mentality I've scored in all but one game, and 4 goals on 4 occasions.

I've got a pretty strong squad and was confident of at least avoiding automatic relegation, but I could perhaps push for top six at this rate. It's a pretty tight league in the middle, with only 3 points between me in 3rd and Celtic in 8th. My next two games are Aberdeen and Celtic, so I might find myself back in the bottom half of the table after those.

There's loads of options mate just a matter of elimination.

Good lucks !

Edit- That's just the defence, you could also do similar with the midfield too. ;)

First time I've played the game in a few years. Got to say finding it tough. A lot more detail and work has to go into it. Can get any team scoring but stopping leaking them is another thing. Even with my favoured 4-1-4-1 formation. I'll try this half back with it see it if it improves things

Has Zwick not got the highest potential of a keeper in Scotland?

Probably. Celtic binned Bain for him on my save. How anyone could realistically come up with zwick being better than Bain after a bit of pre season and early form this season completely beggars belief.

I call it "the Utd factor" - no matter who I'm manager of I scout their youth intake every single season.

Archived