Football Manager 2016

RJM77

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thistle are strong as f**k in this version.

Yeah, would have to agree with that. Bannigan, Fraser, Osman, Lawless, Frans and Seabourne all very, very good on this version. Had to sell Doolan early doors because he made noises about wanting to leave for a bigger club, stats are absolutely solid for a striker.

Papped out of the Europa against seeded Elfsborg on penalties, gutted. 2-0 down away in the first leg, won at Firhill 2-0, missed 3 penalties to Hibs up the comeback. Destroyed some team from Malta and a vaguely familiar Latvian side whose name escapes me at the moment, so at least it wasn't a humiliating exit, though Sweden (if not Scandinavia) making Scotland it's bitch at the football does seem to extend to the FM world as in real life...

edit: a fairly interesting running story I picked up on in my first season was Dundee and Dundee Utd fighting it out at the bottom - think Utd came from about 7 points behind second bottom Dundee just before the split to finish in the playoffs with Dundee effectively relegated in 12th place during a 2-1 loss after the split at Tannadice. Utd lost the first leg of the playoff to Raith Rovers in Kirkcauldy... a Craig Wighton O.G, of all things, after 3 minutes at Tannadice in the second leg put them on their way to a 3-1 victory to stay up.

Signed Gabriel Barbosa in my first season at Swansea for only 12.5 million. 4 games and 4 goals so far. Sold Sigurdsson for 30 million to Chelsea which has let me strengthen in a few positions as well. Signed a centre half from River plate, Mammana, who looks very good and again quite cheap at 4 million or so.

I'm getting anally fucked with absolutely no lube in the premiership after promotion with West Ham.

I think I let my FA cup win (only playing 1 prem team who were lowly Aston Villa in the final) cloud my opinion on my squad strength.

That and losing my best winger to Man U for a minimum fee clause I didnt even know existed.

Sake.

You can get a number of quality bargains from Norway for SPFL Clubs in this year's game.

Good shout, that. I got Emil Jonassen from Odd at LB along with a few loanee's (mostly from Denmark though tbf). Developing into a very good left back for me.

Generally find that players in Scandinavia are highly rated by scouts without the crippling wage demands that usually brings.

Halfway through my second season with Arsenal, had an absolute holocaust of a first season, scraping into 7th on the final day. This seasons going better with me sitting 4th, 3 points off the top, in November. Spent a fortune so far.

Usual starting eleven is...

Rulli

Bellerin - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Gibbs

Pogba - Javi Martinez

Bernardo Silva - Ozil - Sanchez

Giroud

With the likes of Cech, Mammama, Galloway, Gundongan, Cazorla, Wilshere, Ramsey, Walcott, Ox, Embolo and Welbeck all fighting it out for a spot on the bench.

Bellerin is absolutely obscene, as is Silva, while Giroud goes through month long spells of being unplayable/being awful

In FM15, I always signed Erik Sviatchenko (a Danish centre half who plays for Midtjylland). He was amazing in FM15 and to make things even better, he had something like a £1.4million release clause in his contract.

Good shout, that. I got Emil Jonassen from Odd at LB along with a few loanee's (mostly from Denmark though tbf). Developing into a very good left back for me.

Generally find that players in Scandinavia are highly rated by scouts without the crippling wage demands that usually brings.

I can see myself signing players from that region in the next few years. There's a number of excellent players out of contract from Scandinavia at the end of December in the first season. Sondre Rossbach is one example.

Well I bought this, started my first save and despite spending lots of time trying to perfect tactics and use in-game touch line talks etc I was sacked as United manager with four games to go in the season (I was 8th). Needless to say I am convinced that next season would have been much better. Tactically I started the season with a 5-3-2 then a 4-2-3-1 and finally a 4-4-2 but none really worked for any length of time. Problem was in scoring goals, I didn't actually concede too many.

I interviewed for three jobs including the Forfar gig which would have been the ideal second post but they went with some guy called Ally McCoist...

I have taken the East Fife job after they won League Two before Naysmith resigned at the end of the year. I'm just expected to bravely fight relegation.

I can see myself signing players from that region in the next few years. There's a number of excellent players out of contract from Scandinavia at the end of December in the first season. Sondre Rossbach is one example.

Tried getting Rossbach, went to Everton though.

Currently without a win in my first 7 league games in the 2nd season, including some unbelievably frustrating losses and a draw against 10 man hearts. Still somehow only 9th, though. No idea how to get out of this rut.

Tried getting Rossbach, went to Everton though.

Currently without a win in my first 7 league games in the 2nd season, including some unbelievably frustrating losses and a draw against 10 man hearts. Still somehow only 9th, though. No idea how to get out of this rut.

Tried getting a few players in but they won't join Hibs due to us being in the Championship. :thumbsdown

Well I bought this, started my first save and despite spending lots of time trying to perfect tactics and use in-game touch line talks etc I was sacked as United manager with four games to go in the season (I was 8th). Needless to say I am convinced that next season would have been much better. Tactically I started the season with a 5-3-2 then a 4-2-3-1 and finally a 4-4-2 but none really worked for any length of time. Problem was in scoring goals, I didn't actually concede too many.

I interviewed for three jobs including the Forfar gig which would have been the ideal second post but they went with some guy called Ally McCoist...

I have taken the East Fife job after they won League Two before Naysmith resigned at the end of the year. I'm just expected to bravely fight relegation.

Were you due to give some team a hiding?

In FM15, I always signed Erik Sviatchenko (a Danish centre half who plays for Midtjylland). He was amazing in FM15 and to make things even better, he had something like a £1.4million release clause in his contract.

I always signed Fredrik Haugen in my Hibs save. £325K and was amazing for me.

Archived