Marvel's Jessica Jones

King Kebab

Do you need to have watched all the other 'in between' series such as the defenders etc for this make sense?

Don't know, haven't seen it yet!!!

12 hours ago, spud131 said:

Do you need to have watched all the other 'in between' series such as the defenders etc for this make sense?

Having watched them all, I'd say no. There may be the occasional reference that will mean nothing to you, but I wouldn't say it's vital to have watched the in between series

Having watched them all, I'd say no. There may be the occasional reference that will mean nothing to you, but I wouldn't say it's vital to have watched the in between series

Ideal cheers. Enjoyed Jessica Jones but haven't bothered with Iron Fist, Defenders or Punisher. Will just go ahead with season 2 then!

I'm up to episode 6 now and quite enjoying it. Not as good as season 1 but given that it had an excellent villain plus the whole subtext it was always to struggle in comparison. Nice little twist as well so going to be interested to see where they take it.

Finished it, the proverbial game of two halves, started strongly, faded like f**k, end up it was pretty disappointing and i mean iron fist disappointing 

Too many sub plots that meant the main plot didnt get enough writers attention, so much more could have been made of the main story but they got lazy imo

Shame, JJ has potential especially with her "sister" and stuff 

I seen some complaints that a strong villain was needed, but I don't think that was the case. It did need a bit more of a focused main plot though. Too much shit going on and the whole thing turned out to be a total mess. Some stuff was interesting. The Trish character arc is probably the best thing on it, and Hogarth's arc is great as well. Couldn't give a shit about her mum though and Malcolm was a lot of nothing for the most part, even if he did become more interesting towards the end.

Edited by Randy Giles

2 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

I seen some complaints that a strong villain was needed, but I don't think that was the case. It did need a bit more of a focused main plot though. Too much shit going on and the whole thing turned out to be a total mess. Some stuff was interesting. The Trish character arc is probably the best thing on it, and Hogarth's arc is great as well. Couldn't give a shit about her mum though and Malcolm was a lot of nothing for the most part, even if he did become more interesting towards the end.

I take it you know who trish turns out to be now? 

33 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

I take it you know who trish turns out to be now? 

I don't know much outside of the on screen stuff, but aye, I did wind up looking for some info on that character. At the end of the season I was way too intrigued by her to resist, so I know more about her than I do about most. Thought she was outstanding, and the stuff with her mum only adds to that. Worth noting it was Jessica's mum I didn't give a shit about.

15 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Hide contents

I don't know much outside of the on screen stuff, but aye, I did wind up looking for some info on that character. At the end of the season I was way too intrigued by her to resist, so I know more about her than I do about most. Thought she was outstanding, and the stuff with her mum only adds to that. Worth noting it was Jessica's mum I didn't give a shit about.

Yeah trish turned out to be quite a good story plot, pity they didn't expand on that, suppose it sets up for season 3

They really did make a mistake killing off Kilgrave in the first season, even the small amount time him and Jones were together it was excellent.
However I sill enjoyed it, I will agree that I couldn’t give a flying one about her maw. Hated that Cheng character and all.

Netflix would've been better concentrating their resources on one or two marvel shows rather than making five mostly bland shows. Season one of Jessica Jones was carried by kilgrave, really struggling to get in to this one.

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished season 2. It was decent but nowhere near as good as the first one. It wasnt bad by any means though

I think my main issue was that there was no point during the entire series where Jessica was in any danger or perilous situation where you thought "oh, how is she going to get out of that". A lot of it was all a bit predictable too