Queens Vs Morton

Really fancy us to go down there and win. Playing well and will take great confidence from our last visit. Hoping Denny is back and someone said Russell started training last week so hopefully he makes it instead of Pepper. If not, put O'ware in there.

We need Forbes,Tidser, Barr, Samuel and Johnstone playing together and this is the best way i can see that happening. Miller can sit, allowing our front 5 to create chances. Barr and Samuel supporting Johnstone up top should cause problems for most teams in this league.

Gaston.

Kilday Lamie Luca Russell

Miller.

Tidser Forbes.

Barr Samuel.

Johnstone.

1-3.

Johnstone, Samuel and Tidser.

Actually really like the look of that team, hopefully we see that on Saturday but Duffy will probably go 4-4-2 again with either Tidser or Forbes out wide.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well at least our "incompetent chief executive and board" have the nous a) to be able to afford a Jag and b) pass a driving test. How are you doing on either of those fronts? Public transport to Dumfries on Boxing Day would be a dawdle I am sure.

Oooft; as wild deflections go, 'do you own a driving license' is comfortably in the bottom category of fail - even by your dismal standard of posting.

I'd much rather get to Dumfries on Boxing Day than lose the fixture because the board members can't be arsed showing up actually, so I'm not sure what point you were even hoping to achieve. Utter, utter fail.

More smoke and mirrors, eh?OK, I'll ask again - do you believe what you typed in your first post on this thread to be true, or were you just talking pish again for the sake of it?It'a straightforward choice, one or the other. Go on - you can do it!

In the absence of any convincing evidence or good reasons to the contrary, I'm going to run with that one, yes. They certainly didn't consider the views of their fans. Shoehorning in our seventh away game in eleven fixtures, just after a punishing four game batch that includes the Motherwell cup tie and the Sevco visit is certainly not conducive to the results of the team. Which leaves us with 'personal convenience' to justify yet another case of ludicrously stupid decision-making by the usual suspects.

But of course you knew that already, and are just scrambling around for something, anything that could get you out from my back pocket. Better luck next time then.

In the absence of any convincing evidence or good reasons to the contrary, I'm going to run with that one, yes. They certainly didn't consider the views of their fans. Shoehorning in our seventh away game in eleven fixtures, just after a punishing four game batch that includes the Motherwell cup tie and the Sevco visit is certainly not conducive to the results of the team. Which leaves us with 'personal convenience' to justify yet another case of ludicrously stupid decision-making by the usual suspects.

But of course you knew that already, and are just scrambling around for something, anything that could get you out from my back pocket. Better luck next time then.

Wow, a straight answer - thanx, knew you could do it if you tried! So now we know - you really do believe that the game was changed purely to suit the convenience of those in the boardroom. What a narrow-minded, cynical wee toad you must be.

And by the way - the only way you'd find me remotely CLOSE to your back pocket is in your own homo-erotic fantasies.

Enjoy!

Well this has been nice. Presumably a bit of "in-fighting" was the only way of passing the time in the wilderness that is the League 1 Forum.

Anyone with any thoughts on the game itself? I'm concerned, Morton cruised through the cup tie and with Russell and Millar potentially missing we could be fielding a fairly inexperienced side.

Pretty essential that we stop the rot this weekend.

Oooft; as wild deflections go, 'do you own a driving license' is comfortably in the bottom category of fail - even by your dismal standard of posting.

I'd much rather get to Dumfries on Boxing Day than lose the fixture because the board members can't be arsed showing up actually, so I'm not sure what point you were even hoping to achieve. Utter, utter fail.

You are the one who, as always , sought to ascribe the most negative motives to the club , in making the decision. No mention of letting the squad have a ralaxing time with their families over Christmas or the difficulties with public transport for fans. Just keep ploughing that slough of despond Perjorative comments ain't facts buddy so I would give up on the trite retorts for a while, soooo tedious now.

Queens team will be without Russell on sat after coming of with hamstring injury v Raith so team will prob line up Thomson

Brownlie Higgins Dowie Marshall Harris Millar Jacobs Conroy Lyle & Oliver.

I wonder if we'll see a return to 3 at the back, with Kidd in for Harris?

Well this has been nice. Presumably a bit of "in-fighting" was the only way of passing the time in the wilderness that is the League 1 Forum.

Anyone with any thoughts on the game itself? I'm concerned, Morton cruised through the cup tie and with Russell and Millar potentially missing we could be fielding a fairly inexperienced side.

You just know its going to be like this all week :rolleyes:

I'm a bit more confident about this than I usually am about trips to Palmerston. I think we've improved a bit since the cup game, and Samuels looks a good prospect, but the Livi game apart it's time we started converting more of the chances we create.

Tbh, I think a lot of my confidence stems from the fact that Ian Russell is out, as he seems to score against us with monotonous regularity. Now, if only Derek Lyle was to come down with a dose of the trots or something before kickoff.......

We're going to lose this, and it'll be the beginning of the season proper for us. We've had a good start, but there are plenty of chinks in the armor which will become more and more obvious (and costly) as the season goes on. The relegation scrap starts here.

Ie17FZ6.gif

Are you forgetting about the Gibraltar v Scotland match?

Riiigghht....... Let's assume the QoS-Morton game is likely to get a crowd of 1800 next month. How many of them might be going to the Gibraltar game? 25? 30? Let's assume, for ease of arithmetic, that its a pretty generous 36. That equates to 2% of the crowd.

Now, while I'd feel sorry for those who would miss one of the two games, if you're suggesting that the date should be changed again or should revert back to the original date because of them then frankly thats as daft as the suggestion that the date was changed simply because the board want to roast their chestnuts by an open fire on boxing Day.

Riiigghht....... Let's assume the QoS-Morton game is likely to get a crowd of 1800 next month. How many of them might be going to the Gibraltar game? 25? 30? Let's assume, for ease of arithmetic, that its a pretty generous 36. That equates to 2% of the crowd. Now, while I'd feel sorry for those who would miss one of the two games, if you're suggesting that the date should be changed again or should revert back to the original date because of them then frankly thats as daft as the suggestion that the date was changed simply because the board want to roast their chestnuts by an open fire on boxing Day.

You've over-thought it. All I'm saying is that there's absolutely no need for the match to happen so close to that match, simple as that. None of your arithmetic patter, just making a point. But hey, you just keep doing you man. Don't let the haters get you down.

You are the one who, as always , sought to ascribe the most negative motives to the club , in making the decision. No mention of letting the squad have a ralaxing time with their families over Christmas or the difficulties with public transport for fans. Just keep ploughing that slough of despond Perjorative comments ain't facts buddy so I would give up on the trite retorts for a while, soooo tedious now.

Nice try, but given the club didn't actually consult with the fans at all before making their decision, they've no mandate to do so. Can't see many fans navigating Faro to Dumfries on the new date after all.

Nor has it been established that players were desperately begging to take Boxing Day off. Even if they were, the stupidity of the alternative date would make it a nonstarter. Unless, of course, the board and their hard-done to staff had their own interests in moving the game from the start.

Thanks for playing anyway.

Nice try, but given the club didn't actually consult with the fans at all before making their decision, they've no mandate to do so.

Thanks for playing anyway.

Re the first part: there are two clubs involved here. We don't know which first mooted the change, could've been either, but both would've had to agree to it. Also, whether you like it or whether you don't, the club are under no obligation to consult the fans. Therefore, they don't need any "mandate". To suggest otherwise is stupid.

And re the second part quoted: yawn. You really do need to refresh those stale old sign offs.

Archived