Queens Vs Morton

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice try, but given the club didn't actually consult with the fans at all before making their decision, they've no mandate to do so. Can't see many fans navigating Faro to Dumfries on the new date after all.

Nor has it been established that players were desperately begging to take Boxing Day off. Even if they were, the stupidity of the alternative date would make it a nonstarter. Unless, of course, the board and their hard-done to staff had their own interests in moving the game from the start.

Thanks for playing anyway.

Nothing has been established, it's all conjecture. No one who has played football at any semi serious level would choose to make a 200 mile trip and play on Boxing Day.

Re the first part: there are two clubs involved here. We don't know which first mooted the change, could've been either, but both would've had to agree to it. Also, whether you like it or whether you don't, the club are under no obligation to consult the fans. Therefore, they don't need any "mandate". To suggest otherwise is stupid.

And re the second part quoted: yawn. You really do need to refresh those stale old sign offs.

Erm yes - I'm only interested in Morton's decision though. Queen of the South really aren't accountable to me in any way, and so, I couldn't give a toss. Any request should have been rejected by Morton.

You were the one claiming that the decision was made with the fans in mind - having consulted literally no fan group on the matter, that claim is not credible. Merely demolishing your own paper-thin arguments now champ.

Nothing has been established, it's all conjecture. No one who has played football at any semi serious level would choose to make a 200 mile trip and play on Boxing Day.

Which of course is why thousands of professional footballers do so and have done so, every year, for decades.

Morton's board, then, is either uniquely attuned to the requirements of the players or just wanted the game moved for their own reasons and yours is a ridiculous excuse.

It's a tough call.

As for the game, we could certainly do with something from this, before our fixture list becomes deliberately crammed with difficult fixtures thanks to our clueless board's decision-making. Of course, if we could return to our traditionally good form at Palmerston then we'll be fine; if we stick to our more recent showings, it's difficult to identify where our next win would come from.

1-1

Erm yes - I'm only interested in Morton's decision though. Queen of the South really aren't accountable to me in any way, and so, I couldn't give a toss. Any request should have been rejected by Morton.

You were the one claiming that the decision was made with the fans in mind - having consulted literally no fan group on the matter, that claim is not credible. Merely demolishing your own paper-thin arguments now champ.

*sigh*.......

Ok, champ, two things:

1. You are totally correct in stating that QoS are not accountable to you in any way.

Unfortunately for whatever point you are trying to make, nor are Morton.

2. You really are a bit of a revisionist, aren't you? Care to quote where I have ever said the decision was made with the fans in mind? (Hint: you're gonna struggle........) I don't know, any more than you do, who initiated the idea of the switch or why it was made.

(Sits back and awaits developments with interest..............)

If I can interrupt this discussion briefly to advise that there is a road closure on Dumfries By-pass this weekend AGAIN from Friday til Monday which will affect travelers coming down the M74/A701 route from the North and other routes from the East. Traffic being diverted thru' the town which usually results in gridlock, or very slow at best. South on the A76 misses the diversion and brings you into Dumfries at the right side for Palmerston. Right you can get back to your bickering now.

*sigh*.......

I don't know, any more than you do, who initiated the idea of the switch or why it was made.

Not the issue under discussion champ. The issue is 'why Morton chose to do so' - this was being discussed on, erm, a fans' forum, when for some reason you've opted to have yet another, multi-page breakdown about that. Which given your lack of evidence or credible arguments to counter the discussion, has rather predictably turned into an absolute disaster for you.

With your credibility having plummeted into the Mariana Trench, I think we're done here.

Not the issue under discussion champ. The issue is 'why Morton chose to do so' - this was being discussed on, erm, a fans' forum, when for some reason you've opted to have yet another, multi-page breakdown about that. Which given your lack of evidence or credible arguments to counter the discussion, has rather predictably turned into an absolute disaster for you.

With your credibility having plummeted into the Mariana Trench, I think we're done here.

Jesus, yet more revisionism....... Time you learned that just because you say something doesn't make it so. Particularly in this case, champ, as anyone who's bothered to follow the posts can plainly see.

The issue is your baseless contention that the date was changed because our board couldn't be arsed with the trip to Dumfries on Boxing Day, lest we forget. I challenged you on that, and you've yet to back your claim up with anything at all other than your own prejudices.

Despite what you claim above I haven't offered any opinion on why the date was changed, because I don't know what discussions went on - and neither do you. Since you're such a stickler for those pesky facts, as you've said before, why not provide the facts that back up your claim?

Before you do, though, where's your evidence of me saying the decision was made with the fans in mind? HMMMM? Still waiting..............

Edited to add - when you try to put someone down, vt, it's important that you get it right. Otherwise you just end up making a tit of yourself.

With that in mind, I think you should be told that it's the Marianas Trench. M-A-R-I-A-N-A-S. With an "S". That's a few times you've made that same mistake recently.

Gutted for you.

Jesus, yet more revisionism....... Time you learned that just because you say something doesn't make it so. Particularly in this case, champ, as anyone who's bothered to follow the posts can plainly see.

The issue is your baseless contention that the date was changed because our board couldn't be arsed with the trip to Dumfries on Boxing Day, lest we forget. I challenged you on that, and you've yet to back your claim up with anything at all other than your own prejudices.

Despite what you claim above I haven't offered any opinion on why the date was changed, because I don't know what discussions went on - and neither do you. Since you're such a stickler for those pesky facts, as you've said before, why not provide the facts that back up your claim?

Before you do, though, where's your evidence of me saying the decision was made with the fans in mind? HMMMM? Still waiting..............

Edited to add - when you try to put someone down, vt, it's important that you get it right. Otherwise you just end up making a tit of yourself.

With that in mind, I think you should be told that it's the Marianas Trench. M-A-R-I-A-N-A-S. With an "S". That's a few times you've made that same mistake recently.

Gutted for you.

post-46379-0-02347600-1442382498.jpg

I`m going for a QOS win here, perhaps more in hope than expectation.

FWIW (nowt) I`m totally pissed off re the re-arrangement of the Boxing Day fixture. I love going to a game on Boxing Day and our superb playing surface means it would almost certainly been game on even in poor weather. I might have to get the Jag out and go further afield for my football fix.

Every thread.Same suspects.

Not so, actually; I allow most of the shite he posts to drift past me with merely a shake of the head. I know he's just intentionally acting the c**t, as cappiecat said earlier.

Sometimes, though, he really needs his pomposity poked at - especially when he makes statements that he just can't back up with facts, like he's done on this thread.

Archived