Queens Vs Morton

Yes we should. Why we don't only the manager can answer.

Doesn't fit Harris in. I'd agree though, this is a game where we must stop the rot if we don't I seriously fear for our season, with Falkirk and Hibs coming up. I missed last week due to being in hospital but by all means it was a much improved performance, going by highlights it was as well.

Dowie brownlie higgins Marshall

Harris Millar (if fit) Jacobs conroy

Oliver lyle

Will more than likely be the side.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harris has only started two games IIRC? If he's trying to shoehorn anyone into the team then it's Russell, who falls victim if we move to a back three. He's injured for Saturday though so it'll be interesting to see what formation he goes with. He wouldn't be the first manager to magically fall on a winning formula only after a "favourite" becomes injured.

Thats hardly fair comment, given its a system he's already played regularly last season and in about a third of the games this season - not all of which we've won.

Thats hardly fair comment, given its a system he's already played regularly last season and in about a third of the games this season - not all of which we've won.

The fact we used the system last season makes it more puzzling that he isn't keen this time round.

How many games have we actually started with a back three with Marshall and Kidd as wing backs? Genuine question as I've only made it to about half the games. My understanding was not that many, if any.

I thought for the majority of last season Fowler got his tactics bang on, and I commended him for it at the time. He was able to switch systems and personnel both pre and mid-game without upsetting the balance, and gave off an air that he was in complete control, and that the system was well honed for the opponent.

However I've seen some worrying signs this season that he is just throwing the names together and hoping it works. The experimental team against Morton in the cup was the first sign of this. I think we changed formation 3 times in the first half and still ended up worse off. The "lets sign as many strikers as we can" mentality is a bit concerning as well. I think we finished the game against St Mirren with 4 of them on the pitch. That's Football Manager stuff, and even then it doesn't usually work!

We could really do with a win considering the run of fixtures we're about to hit, but I won't be complaining if we take a point here. I'm finally able to attend having missed every game since St. Mirren due to work, can't wait for this.

The fact we used the system last season makes it more puzzling that he isn't keen this time round.

How many games have we actually started with a back three with Marshall and Kidd as wing backs? Genuine question as I've only made it to about half the games. My understanding was not that many, if any.

I thought for the majority of last season Fowler got his tactics bang on, and I commended him for it at the time. He was able to switch systems and personnel both pre and mid-game without upsetting the balance, and gave off an air that he was in complete control, and that the system was well honed for the opponent.

However I've seen some worrying signs this season that he is just throwing the names together and hoping it works. The experimental team against Morton in the cup was the first sign of this. I think we changed formation 3 times in the first half and still ended up worse off. The "lets sign as many strikers as we can" mentality is a bit concerning as well. I think we finished the game against St Mirren with 4 of them on the pitch. That's Football Manager stuff, and even then it doesn't usually work!

With Kidd and Marshall? Just once. We've actually only started with 3 at the back twice, so a bit less than the third I thought.

I think it was discussed on the Queens thread but we only really have one surplus striker.

What's the admission prices at Palmerston?

clicky

We could really do with a win considering the run of fixtures we're about to hit, but I won't be complaining if we take a point here. I'm finally able to attend having missed every game since St. Mirren due to work, can't wait for this.

Normally I'd be happy with a point doon there, but I think we'll do better than that. We won the cup game and we've a stronger pool available now than we had then, plus they won't have Ian bloody Russell available - always a good thing when we're playing them.

Archived