Sectarianism just part of the national game

~~~

The SFA instigated the minutes silence. It was held at both semi finals that weekend. Not sure why you pick on Celtic Park for the death of the Queen. You think republican points of view only apply to Celtic fans?

Tell me another set of fans that sing about their republican leanings in the full of Scotland.

I'm surprised that anyone is surprised that I would single out Celtic Park in that example.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not offended by the singing. But I am offended by the lies told from the ugly sisters boardroom that they're doing all they can and I find the fact we're still having the image of our game tarnished by this shite offensive too.

The bigot twins need to take the lead, they should be eradicating the pish without laws, rules or liability. But they're not and they won't so this conversation will still be had next season and the next and the next.

Moaning about the ugly sisters all the time is boring, have a look at your own club. What does your club do when the Old Firm are in town? Come on in guys, have a seat. Give me your money!

Celtic and Rangers take the money and so does every club in Scotland, the Old Firm fans sing what they want and always have and all our clubs take the money.

Sectarianism and money v no sectarianism and no money? We take the money every time. Every club.

Tell them running your own club not to take the money, don't let their fans in, see how you get on with that one.

Moaning about the ugly sisters all the time is boring, have a look at your own club. What does your club do when the Old Firm are in town? Come on in guys, have a seat. Give me your money!

Celtic and Rangers take the money and so does every club in Scotland, the Old Firm fans sing what they want and always have and all our clubs take the money.

Sectarianism and money v no sectarianism and no money? We take the money every time. Every club.

Tell them running your own club not to take the money, don't let their fans in, see how you get on with that one.

What a bizarre and irrelevant post.

"Moaning about the ugly sisters all the time is boring, have a look at your own club. What does your club do when the Old Firm are in town? Come on in guys, have a seat. Give me your money! "

So desperate for their money were we this year we dropped their allocation.

"Sectarianism and money v no sectarianism and no money? We take the money every time. Every club."

Other options are available.

It actually has the opposite effect on many fans.

The only home games I'll miss this season are the Celtic games. Next season, if we're still in the league, I'll miss the Sevco games as well and because of this won't be renewing my season ticket.

I refuse to associate with these people on any level.

Every time the rangers fans are "up to their neck in ****** blood" it reinforces the belief. Every time celtic fans sing an irish republican song it reinforces the belief. Say it often enough and it becomes true. So lets stop it. I think fines to start, then points deducted would get the message across as the decent but scared fans would surely say something each time it happened other than:

(a) it doesn't bother me

(b) its not just us (yes it pretty much is just you) but either way that's not an arguement that adults can seriously use

© I disagree but what can I do?

The thing is that you all can do something about this if you support the rights of people to live in our society without being discriminated against because of our religion, colour or ethnicity. Our society. Scotland.

Every time the rangers fans are "up to their neck in ****** blood" it reinforces the belief. Every time celtic fans sing an irish republican song it reinforces the belief. Say it often enough and it becomes true. So lets stop it. I think fines to start, then points deducted would get the message across as the decent but scared fans would surely say something each time it happened other than:

(a) it doesn't bother me

(b) its not just us (yes it pretty much is just you) but either way that's not an arguement that adults can seriously use

© I disagree but what can I do?

The thing is that you all can do something about this if you support the rights of people to live in our society without being discriminated against because of our religion, colour or ethnicity. Our society. Scotland.

Every time the Aberdeen fans are "slagging the ibrox disaster or Ian Durrant" it reinforces the belief. I think fines to start, then points deducted would get the message across as the decent but scared fans would surely say something each time it happened other than:

Geezo, it was only 2 nights ago there were flares let off at a Linlithgow v Forfar game.....as I said lets start points deductions, we'll have a full league on 0 points if its correctly enforced.

Pish. Complete pish. Pipe down.

Anyway, I mind one time outside Ibrox I was run over by an Oldco fan (for we were playing the now dead and defunct club, not the new club Sevco) who was riding the famous horse Red Rum. What's worse is that I had just found the original copy of the bible in some bushes. Instead of apologising to me, the Oldconian called me bigotted names and cruelly taunted me.

If you believe that singing about a tackle and celebrating terrorism and murder are the same things then you've got some serious issues.

Wow :lol: Not surprised that's what you came up with to be honest.

What about the 66 dead Rangers fans and 200+ injured Rangers fans you sing about?

Still not answered my question

A reminder then, have you backed up your claim of sectarianism behaviour of supporters off other clubs outside Rangers and Celtic or provided evidence on football fans on here celebrating it?.

Still waiting

Setting off flares is not nice but I've never observed a sectarian flare.

What's going to do more damage though? A few naughty words in a song or a flare?

Thanks guys. I will try harder to do better.

A lesser individual would have blamed their phone.

You might have got away with that if you'd written "would of blamed there phone".

That's just nonsense.

Words can lead to, and certainly have in the past, far more serious consequences.

For every fifty that sing these songs on a matchday before returning to their otherwise secular lives there only needs to be one that takes the words and meanings seriously and acts upon that.

One assumes that Waggy-1872 hasn't been in a position where they have been the victim of the consequences of language. Seems like one of the"if it hasn't happened to me, it never has happened" brigade.

This is also going down the road where logic is being thrown out the window. Everyone's differing views (I'm sure) on flares, pyrotechnics etc aside, you don't excuse something or apologise for it because it is subjectively "not as bad" as something else. There may be twice as many injuries from racist attacks at the football compared with sectarian ones, to give an example, but that does not make sectarianism less of an awful thing that needs stamped out of the game.

Words are powerful things.

You wouldn't sing these songs if you didn't believe that.

In fact a lot of the people signing these songs do not understand what they mean, it's usually a bunch of daft young boys pished.

Once upon a time, when I was a daft young boy I also sang some of these so called sectarian songs at away games (a lot of the songs are just Irish songs and not necessarily sectarian which a lot of folk don't seem to understand including yourself). At no point did I sing these songs because I wanted to join the IRA or kill people, I sang them as it created an atmosphere and the songs are catchy. As I grew up, got a job and had a family I stopped singing them and would no longer sing them nowadays. That's pretty much how it works, it is literally people singing songs and if you think that these people are all bigoted then you have no clue what you are talking about.

Also, I'm pretty sure there are Rock songs, pop songs, R&B songs you have sung in your life and not believed in their message or meaning, but more the fact you enjoy the song. Its the same thing....you don't need to be running around with a balaclava and a rifle looking for Protestants to kill just because you sing a few songs at an away football ground.

To answer your question, I have been called a fe***n off many fans from other teams while in their stadium and outside and am not going to sit and list every single one them because ill be here all day. The Killie story was a true story, the guy didn't come at me at 100mph and nearly kill me like some seem to have taken it as, he bumped into me going at about 10mph, it caused no injury whatsoever and he was put in his place after his sectarian abuse, no need to run to the police and cry like most on here would, we deal with it there and then and go home.

The complete ignorance of diddy team fans in this Country is baffling to say the least.

If you genuinely believe that only Celtic and Rangers fans are sectarian then you are part of the problem, I've been to many Celtic away matches and been abused by opposition fans in a sectarian manner....worst of it coming from Killie.

You are a liar.

I'm cafflick and also of 'Irish origin', (I know these things matter to ugly sisters supporters). My entire family is also of the left foot variety as well as people I went to one of those sky fairy schools with. Never, not once, not ever, not even a wee bit have any of us, (who sit in different parts of the ground), heard anything even close to Sectarian abuse from any Killie fan...ever. Some of the hard of hearing do mistake Ayr for Fe**ian in the 'Killie Boys' but that's because they have an agenda to maintain.

Utter, utter, pap.

Don't try to tar genuine football fans with Scotland's shame!

Archived