Mates Holding You Back?

BigMac29

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes that's EXACTLY what I said. :blink:

In fairness I have my own family so I shouldn't really look down on people whose only idea of a social life is to get pissed and try to pick up (and usually fail) a girl.

I shouldn't.

But I find myself doing so.

It's simply too hilarious to read all the pathetic online mewlings about "the importance of mates" when really you only hang out with them until you find a nice girl at which point you immediately and ruthlessly dump all those "very very very very good facebook friends". Just as the original poster experienced.

My generation calls that "using the f**k out of people".

You call them "friends".

Potato potahto.

FFS

That's verging on a heads gone

It's simply too hilarious to read all the pathetic online mewlings about "the importance of mates" when really you only hang out with them until you find a nice girl

What a fucking nutter :lol::lol::lol:

I don't have BT Sport so I've seen me head to the pub around the corner to watch a game with a couple of pints then head home.

I have never gone out into town or *shudder* a nightclub by myself. That's pathetic.

I have gone to a gig by myself after being let down by a mate who's kid was sick. Selfish c**t. Didn't mind that tbh.

I'm going to a gig by myself on Monday night. Not something I would normally do but none of my pals wanted to or could go and I'm not missing this band so f'ck it.

Can't say I'd want to go to a club by myself though. I'd feel like that 'Beast' character from Limmy's Show.

Quite often go to my local to watch the football on my own, I would probably go to a gig on my own if it was someone i really wanted to see and had no-one to go with, havent dont it yet though.

I would never head into town for a night of drinking or go to a nightclub on my own, unless it was a DJ/act I really wanted to see.

I've never went to restuarant on my own although i am not completely adverse to the idea, once you got over the initial "table for one" shock then it could be quite pleasant.

Never been on holiday on my own but would definitely do it, I think it would actually be cracking, would get so much more done when the temptation to just sit in the boozer is removed. Would need to be a city break or travelling around as beach type holiday would get boring very fast.

I love my own company.

Yeah I have to agree, hitting a nightclub on your own can either be viewed as strange behaviour, desperate, or both.

Nothing wrong with going to the pub for a couple of drinks though. However personally I can't go on my own because I need a mate to share my pint with. I'm not so keen on sharing with strangers.

I've no problem going out for pints locally on my own but never ocurred to me to head into the centre to do it and definitely not to a club.

Would love to go on holiday by myself tbh but girlfriend would probably spend every night at home lying in bed awake.

Quite often go to my local to watch the football on my own, I would probably go to a gig on my own if it was someone i really wanted to see and had no-one to go with, havent dont it yet though.

I would never head into town for a night of drinking or go to a nightclub on my own, unless it was a DJ/act I really wanted to see.

I've never went to restuarant on my own although i am not completely adverse to the idea, once you got over the initial "table for one" shock then it could be quite pleasant.

Never been on holiday on my own but would definitely do it, I think it would actually be cracking, would get so much more done when the temptation to just sit in the boozer is removed. Would need to be a city break or travelling around as beach type holiday would get boring very fast.

I love my own company.

I've been to plenty of gigs on my own and the cinema - no one really notices you sitting in you're own in those kind of situations anyway and even if they did, so what? I'm sure they've watched a DVD on their own at home so what's the difference?

I would never go out to a club or even the local on my own. Men can get away with going to the pub alone but it seems unfairly strange for a woman to do it.

I love the idea of going on holiday on my own, doing some sightseeing and generally enjoying the peace. I don't think I'd last a full week but a couple of days would be magic.

I've no problem going out for pints locally on my own but never ocurred to me to head into the centre to do it and definitely not to a club.

Would love to go on holiday by myself tbh but girlfriend would probably spend every night at home lying in bed awake.

I used to finish work about 1030 when all the pubs closed at 11, so got into the habit of going to clubs for a late pint. Probably wouldn't bother now that there's usually a pub open late.

Yeah I have to agree, hitting a nightclub on your own can either be viewed as strange behaviour, desperate, or both.

Nothing wrong with going to the pub for a couple of drinks though. However personally I can't go on my own because I need a mate to share my pint with. I'm not so keen on sharing with strangers.

Are you incapable of finishing your own pint?

Half pint glass is your friend.

Archived