Mates Holding You Back?

BigMac29

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last time I went to a strip club was for a (female) friend's birthday and there were tons of loners there by the stage. Was absolutely bizarre.

My wife used to work with a guy who went to Hooters after work every day. They (the Hooters staff) actually threw him a birthday party. At work he was known as Hooters Steve and was an object of sympathy.

Steve Hooters would have sounded a lot better IMO, and for some reason that made me think of STEVE HOLT! *punches air with both arms*

If it's the former then that's fine, the latter always looks creepy. Like those guys who turn up at a club alone, ten minutes before the place is closing.

That's probably quite a good tactic, turn up after everyone has taken their pick and just snare one of the stragglers. Also saves you from the misery of actually having to spend the few hours preceding this in said club.

Anyone been to the strippers on their Tod?

There must be one guy on here that's the loner on the stool sitting right next to the stage having a fag and a pint

Only been to the strippers in Scotland (been abroad whilst on Scotland trips and Lads Holidays quite a bit) about 6 or 7 times but there's always one of these types hanging about, the ultimate creep

ETA: not sure why I said a fag, watching too much sopranos must be messing with my mind

I went as part of a group in Manchester for my pals birthday, there was one sleazy old guy throwing money at them. One of the bar girls said he goes every Friday night and offers to take them home :lol:

Club on your own = Serial killer

Boozer on your own (paper/book optional) = Thoroughly pleasant way to spend an afternoon.

I've never been to the strippers, so can't comment other than to say i've never really had any inclination to go.

You're not missing much, they're shite.

You're not missing much, they're shite.

That's pretty much the impression I get, and why I've never been. There's usually one in a large group that'll suggest going to them and seem far to keen and the rest seem to go along just because they don't seem to want to be the one to say "they're shite". I usually just head home at that point. And have an angry crywank.

That's pretty much the impression I get, and why I've never been. There's usually one in a large group that'll suggest going to them and seem far to keen and the rest seem to go along just because they don't seem to want to be the one to say "they're shite". I usually just head home at that point. And have an angry crywank.

Been to a few and had the same feeling of disappointment in each. I just don't see the point. I'd rather go home and get my hole than throw money at some bird who I know isn't going to pump me. Maybe it's different if you're single? My overriding feeling any time I've been was horror at the drink prices.

When I lived in crieff and knew no-one I'd quite often go to two or three pubs and get semi leathered. At no point would I try to engage with any of the mutant locals though. f**k that.

Which ones? All of the pubs in Crieff are absolutely horrific. The Pretoria being the absolute worst.

Not keen on the strippers myself tbh. I have known boys to spend a lot of cash there when I was living in Leeds. If you're that way inclined you'd be better of spending your cash in a sauna.

I got started on by a stripper for basically this reason, 3 of us were out in Aberdeen and had just done Belmont street, making our way back towards Garage etc and there's the Private eyes (1 of the 3 I've been to in Scotland, the other in Edinburgh when I had just turned 18 with my football team on a smoker after a pre season friendly, the other in Dundee when it was my mates birthday) there and we went in.

Usually when you go in it's pretty busy as I said before there's usually atleast a few guys sitting about the stage but we went in and were genuinely the only 3 people there.

There was about 15-20 strippers! So as you can imagine as soon as we walk in and get a drink they're all over us giving us their shite patter to try and get a dance off you. I wasn't wanting one and just wanted a drink but my two mates did (why I went in) so I was left alone turning away strippers one by one. :lol:

Got through about 4 or 5 and I turn down another one and she goes absolutely mental shouting at me... 'What's your problem?!!?!?! Are you gay or something??!?? You've just come in here and made everybody feel like shit!!!' After she said that I told her to f**k off and she started going nuts, bouncers all came over and threw me out (term used loosely I walked out with them) and calmed down the mental stripper.

Total waste of money, £30 or so for a few minutes, I only usually go along if my mates fancy it. The one in Aberdeen is in an incredibly convenient position as you're always walking past it pished.

Although when I was in Poland I thought it was great. Mainly because I was absolutely blootered, it was incredibly cheap and the strippers were all like models.

A clear consensus has emerged in that direction and I for one agree with it. But even then, some people have qualified it, saying "a pint and a newspaper" or "a couple of pints to watch the game". That's too tentative for me. I've more than once had a 'sesh' on my own, albeit usually when I'm traveling for work and am on my tod.

I think the point is that if drinking is the focus of the establishment, as opposed to dancing and class A's, it's alright to go in on your own and sink a few.

I disagree with the extension here. If I get a bit tipsy whilst having a few pints to kill time or watch the game whilst travelling with work fine, I can't really understand why you would want to be steaming yourself.

I actually find eating out alone quite a pleasant as long as I have some decent reading material and a healthy expense allowance

I got started on by a stripper for basically this reason, 3 of us were out in Aberdeen and had just done Belmont street, making our way back towards Garage etc and there's the Private eyes (1 of the 3 I've been to in Scotland, the other in Edinburgh when I had just turned 18 with my football team on a smoker after a pre season friendly, the other in Dundee when it was my mates birthday) there and we went in.

Usually when you go in it's pretty busy as I said before there's usually atleast a few guys sitting about the stage but we went in and were genuinely the only 3 people there.

There was about 15-20 strippers! So as you can imagine as soon as we walk in and get a drink they're all over us giving us their shite patter to try and get a dance off you. I wasn't wanting one and just wanted a drink but my two mates did (why I went in) so I was left alone turning away strippers one by one. :lol:

Got through about 4 or 5 and I turn down another one and she goes absolutely mental shouting at me... 'What's your problem?!!?!?! Are you gay or something??!?? You've just come in here and made everybody feel like shit!!!' After she said that I told her to f**k off and she started going nuts, bouncers all came over and threw me out (term used loosely I walked out with them) and calmed down the mental stripper.

Total waste of money, £30 or so for a few minutes, I only usually go along if my mates fancy it. The one in Aberdeen is in an incredibly convenient position as you're always walking past it pished.

Although when I was in Poland I thought it was great. Mainly because I was absolutely blootered, it was incredibly cheap and the strippers were all like models.

Did ye aye?

Nothing wrong with strolling into a club on your own and getting blitzed on the sounds and light show for a couple of hours. Wouldn't do it in Scotland though, it confuses the locals. they expect you to be in a pack and it freaks them out. Anywhere else nobody bats an eyelid.

A clear consensus has emerged in that direction and I for one agree with it. But even then, some people have qualified it, saying "a pint and a newspaper" or "a couple of pints to watch the game". That's too tentative for me. I've more than once had a 'sesh' on my own, albeit usually when I'm traveling for work and am on my tod.

I think the point is that if drinking is the focus of the establishment, as opposed to dancing and class A's, it's alright to go in on your own and sink a few.

This.

I work in Glasgow once a month and have no problem sitting in the pot still on my own from 6 til midnight on the half and halfs with only pie and bovril for company.

Archived