P45

A historical name for the Police in the West of Scotland , that is based on their uniforms, is now deemed 'untouchable'.

That covers it. You won't need to regurgitate your crayons, X.

ETA... Refs were known as the same until they changed their strips. Was Tiny known as 'fat bassa'? No.

There's nothing the mods like more than a previously banned poster correcting them on what they've done wrong.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My dealings with the police are as follows:

Numerous flat parties where it really has been a bit wrong; i.e. the door being opened and them looking in to the sorts of scenes/sounds/smells one encounters at noon the following day after a party began, and basically just suggesting we turn it down or take it elsewhere rather than just marching in, arresting people and confiscating sound equipment.

ETA- As well as these nice ones I can think of quite a few times we just got the unpleasant approach, now I think about it.

An off-duty guy came running up to me in Ingram Street. I'm bleeding copiously from my head after a gang of neds launched bottles at us. He then came with us as we ran up to George Square and caught 2 of them who had nicked my bag. We sat on them till his buddies showed up. A pretty paramedic (wid) tried to get me to hospital for stitches, but I explained there was a party I needed to get to. The policeman told her to let me go and get on with the party.

I've also known 3 cops over the years.

Firstly our local country policeman who had the questionably racist habit of confiscating weed from English tourists and giving it a guy I was pals with in our village.

Secondly a girl (wid) who has gotten herself fast-tracked to a great job high up by doing interesting counter-terrorism stuff seconded to some outfit in London.

Thirdly a nice guy but a bit of a disaster at being a cop, hence no longer being employed by the force and he had to serve a bit of time as part of the "severance package".

Anyway, even though I'm a White with boyish good looks, the police in the US are terrifying. I mean granted they're not going to just shoot me for no reason but the smallest, most innocuous encounters are liable to escalate because frankly the Dallas PD is always looking for an excuse. I don't know if it's a bunker mentality because the police are unpopular or what, but I've noticed even in the last few years a change in attitude. They are on a hair trigger.

Here's a scenario. Police call drunken football buffoon's mother.

Mrs...?

Yes.

We have your son in custody at Greenock police office.

What do you want me to do about it?

Come and collect him.

You lifted him, he's your problem, goodnight.

Another

Officer calls.

Mrs.....?

Yes.

We have your son in custody at Clydebank police office.

No you don't, he's lying on the couch in front of me.

Who is it I have?

No idea, you lifted him etc etc.

Archived