P45

I think drugged up nutter is a bit much, tbh.

Sorry, it probably came across as a dig. It genuinely wasn't. I was just meaning that in about 99% of cases of people I know who hate the police or say they've had numerous bad experiences with them, it's usually because they were off their tits on drugs, getting into fights and generally being wee arseholes.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can sort of understand people who hate them if they've been in trouble or had a bad experience. What I don't get is people who hate the police and have had no contact with them.

I can't understand either of these viewpoints tbh. It's bizarre to have them having had no experience of dealing with them, but usually the people who are like that are neds who just hate them because they stop them from causing mayhem. But the viewpoint of having a bad experience with one individual leads to a hatred of the whole organisation is just ludicrous. Truly ridiculous. It's the type of opinion that racists hold "my Muslim neighbour is an arsehole, why don't THEY go back to their own country". Do these people not understand that different people are, well, completely different.

I remember I looked at joining the police.

To get to the interview stage you only had to do a beep test in terms of fitness and the mental aptitude test was similar to the one used by shady call centres to prove you're capable of counting to ten and piecing a sentence together.

No wonder there are so many overweight thickos in the service ;)

Sorry, it probably came across as a dig. It genuinely wasn't. I was just meaning that in about 99% of cases of people I know who hate the police or say they've had numerous bad experiences with them, it's usually because they were off their tits on drugs, getting into fights and generally being wee arseholes.

So in your world it's not OK to generalise about the police but it's OK to generalise about folk who don't like the police?

Right you are.

I remember the first time, 2 woman police turned up and took me away. I was screaming while being put in the back of the car with some social service girl.

One of them said "you'll be ok now"

29 years and still waiting.

The only people with disdain for the police are those both silly enough to get caught doing illegal activity and not have a police contact to help them evade punishment.

Unless you're a dealer or a beast why on earth would you want a 'police contact'?

Archived