P45

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 - My downstairs neighbours were lesbians who were always fighting, like really fighting. One time one hit the other in the face with a chair and burst her face open in the stairwell, there was blood up the walls and everything.

1097%20-%20bah_gawd%20glasses%20hat%20ji

Idiot found.

ETA: Let's hope you are never wronged by a black guy, would end up with you leading another resurgence of the KKK.

TBF if there's one profession that's going to lead a resurgence of the KKK, it's the police force.

I was drinking with a detective from the drug squad and his wife many a moon ago.

Both of them were pissed out of their heads.

The wife started to try and flirt with me right in front of him.

So I said my goodbye and left the pub.

Once I got home, the phone rang and It was the copper telling me he was going to plant drugs on me and get me done.

I found out a few weeks later that he had tried that on someone else and was caught doing it.

He was punted back to a humble PC.

3 - I was up at the Barras and went into a shop there (not even a market stall, a shop) and bought some printer ink. When I left the shop I noticed I'd been given counterfeit money as change. I knew the shopkeeper would just deny it if I confronted him and I remembered there had been some police standing around nearby. So I went out of the shop and went up to the police who were standing around chatting and laughing. I explained what had just happened and showed him the money and one of the polis said "It's the Barra's - what do you expect" and then they all had a big laugh. I got quite angry and said sarcastically "What? It's not illegal to pass counterfeit money now?" and then the polis got the hump with me and started lecturing me about talking to an officer of the law in an aggressive way. I nearly got lifted for reporting a crime!

Shocking behavior but just so you know, when that happens it means they're already aware of it.

Never had any issues with the police on the occasions I've needed/been in contact.

Then again I was never a stupid wee drunken/drugged up ned with an attitude.

I've been threatened with the confiscation of my car and arrest for telling a policeman, quite calmly and politely, about a parking rule at an airport that he was wrong about. As I was driving at the time the odds of my being drunk were pretty low.

Unfortunately in the last couple of years I've concluded that the only way to deal with the police in most places is to smile, nod, say nothing or as little as possible, never permit a search, never volunteer information, and never, ever, ever initiate contact unless you absolutely have to. This is a shame as prior to that I actually had some good dealings with the police. For example, shortly after I moved to the United States, my wife and I and our then-flatmate saw a little kid wandering around alone in the car park of our apartment complex. This was super early in the morning and the kid looked quite filthy. We asked the kid where he lived and what he was doing out but he wasn't making much sense so I called the cops. At this time I noticed the kid was wearing a USA flag t-shirt and this was July 5th, so we pieced together that he'd been wandering around since Independence Day the night before. The cop showed up and took the kid into the police car, which was exciting for him, and that caused the kid to open up and say where he lived. Turned out his mom was asleep, still drunk, on the couch after too much Independence Day fun and she was mortified that the kid had got outside. I don't think they called child protection or anything like that - hopefully it was just a one-off - but the cop dealt with it extremely well and I admired the work he was doing.

Since then my interactions with the police, whether being detained for parking legally or to have them disperse the meth-heads gathering below my balcony, have been awful. They are just itching to get the nightsticks out, every one of them.

Like any group of people they are good and bad. Going to the football in the 80's it was mostly bad. I've overheard two cops on a Saturday morning discussing who they were going to arrest later that day long before any trouble started.

After a cup game in Ayr and waiting for the train at Newton on Ayr, the police came on the platform and arrested a young boy on the suggestion that he was involved in a serious assault in Ayr town centre some 20 minutes before. One of our group (who didn't know the boy), told the police they must be mistaken as the boy had walked in front of us all the way from the ground. The police response was to arrest our friend as well. They were held in custody until the court hearing on the Monday causing our friend to be absent from work. He then had to wait until the court case several months later until all was sorted. The court case lasted no more than 10 minutes. It turned out a boy was in Ayr town centre with his father when someone smashed a bottle into his face. The kid was taken to the hospital and the police, for whatever reason, drove the father to Newton on Ayr station to identify the attackers, although they could not explain why they chose to go there in search of the assailant. The father could only say what colour of clothes the attackers had on and that was the basis of arresting the young boy and my friend was arrested for defending him as he was thus 'obviously' covering for him. The case was thrown out immediately when the poor boy who was attacked could clearly state that neither my friend, nor the original lad arrested were his assailants. Fair play to the judge who ripped in to the two cops for their incompetence.

Thanks to police incompetence and possibly a stupid father a crime went unpunished and two guys lived for months under a cloud and could have lost their jobs.

Many more stories from around that time, some positive, most negative. The biggest issue, as I think Bobby Skidmarks pointed out, police generally think the uniform demands respect. It doesn't.

Having left the UK over 11 years ago, first to a pre-EU Hungary, then Russia and onto Asia dealings with the police is much simpler, just the agreement of the payment for whatever crime you may (or may not) have committed.

I have since found dropping into the local police station when you arrive somewhere new with a carry out and some takeaway smoothes out all future transgressions. Probably not advisable in the UK/EU/west.

One thing of note, a friends father was a traffic cop (talking 20+ years ago). But he would complain regular of having to sit at the side of the road catching speeding motorists purely to make the monthly quota of arrests up. He absolutely hated it and scunnered him. It wasn't the case of judging a potential crime on its merits, it was purely, by the end of the shift we need x amount of tickets issued. I'm sure things have changed since then.

I've been threatened with the confiscation of my car and arrest for telling a policeman, quite calmly and politely, about a parking rule at an airport that he was wrong about. As I was driving at the time the odds of my being drunk were pretty low..

^^ not Clarke Carlisle.

One thing of note, a friends father was a traffic cop (talking 20+ years ago). But he would complain regular of having to sit at the side of the road catching speeding motorists purely to make the monthly quota of arrests up. He absolutely hated it and scunnered him. It wasn't the case of judging a potential crime on its merits, it was purely, by the end of the shift we need x amount of tickets issued. I'm sure things have changed since then.

Aye, it's x+ now.

I think it's just like every line of work, you get some good guys and some arseholes. Unfortunately because of the power they have, the job probably ends up attracting a higher number of arseholes.

I have as little as possible to do with the Police. I know a few Coppers, who are all sound, but I want absolutely nothing to do with their kind on a non-personal level. Too many bad experiences when I was younger.

I think it's just like every line of work, you get some good guys and some arseholes. Unfortunately because of the power they have, the job probably ends up attracting a higher number of arseholes.

I have as little as possible to do with the Police. I know a few Coppers, who are all sound, but I want absolutely nothing to do with their kind on a non-personal level. Too many bad experiences when I was younger.

Agree with this. Think it's bizarre to base opinions on a whole group just on one bad experience like many seem to do. Just makes no sense at all tbh.

That being said, have you not openly said on here that you were a drugged up nutter who was always in fights etc when you were younger? If it's someone else then I apologise.

Agree with this. Think it's bizarre to base opinions on a whole group just on one bad experience like many seem to do. Just makes no sense at all tbh.

That being said, have you not openly said on here that you were a drugged up nutter who was always in fights etc when you were younger? If it's someone else then I apologise.

No, it was him.

I think drugged up nutter is a bit much, tbh.

When my mates and I were young underage drinkers, Friday night was the night half the high school were out trying to get their carry out and disappear off to get pished somewhere. However the Police were wise to it and pretty much busted squads of young 'uns every Friday, confiscating our booze and pouring it out in front of us.

Having had our sweet Cola Thunderbird and Merrydown's poured out once was enough. From then on, almost every Friday a couple of anonymous phone calls to the Police was made from the phonebox, from 'concerned residents' to report a large number of youngsters buying drink from the shop at the other end of town, (the shop that actually did their job, refusing underagers and their fake ID's!) and were heading over to the foreshore.

This resulted in the Police wasting most of their time at the other end of town giving the shopkeeper a hard time then patrolling the shore line looking for a bunch of pished teenagers who were nowhere to be seen.

What a load of nothing that was.

I've only called them once on that non emergency number. There was a guy who was absolutely steaming walking on the main road next to my flat heading towards the motorway so I phoned them just in case he got mauled by a car.

Been in trouble with them once as well. About a year ago I got caught taking a pish in an alleyway after a night out. Protested my innocence even though I clearly had done it and told the guy to f**k off. Got cuffed and taken to Coatbridge station for the night. Got a fixed penalty for breach of the peace as well as the original fine for pishing. <_<

Recently got stopped, searched and then arrested for 'dancing erratically' at a rave. In fairness, I had taken something but so had the couple of thousand other people that were there. In total only two people were arrested over the course of the night. The most annoying thing was that the officer that arrested me was being walked through what to do by her colleague so I was basically being used as a training exercise. If they had really wanted to clamp down on drugs then all they needed to do was walk into the Class A bonanza that was the toilets.

All this happened whilst out of sight of my my friends and when folk that were nearby told them that someone had recently been arrested my pals phoned the station to see if I was there. I dunno of this is protocol or not but they refused to confirm if it was me that they had taken, something I thought was a bit strange considering they were obviously quite concerned as to my whereabouts.

I've also seen police break up fights, let everyone go their separate ways only to then arrest and fine people that have gone well out their way to take a pish behind a bush in a park.

Really, I think public perception of the police would be improved if they tended to use a little discretion. Handing out fines to folk finishing a beer whilst walking home from a mate's house at 2AM on a Tuesday night in a quiet farming town might be the right thing to do if you follow the letter of the law, but it isn't actually causing any harm to anyone.

Archived