P45

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honest_Man#1 weirdly obsessed with defending the police here. Definite grass IMO.

100% this. This and his definition on the 'mates' thread about when and where you are allowed to meet new friends makes me think he's had a double dipped acid today.

Honest_Man#1 weirdly obsessed with defending the police here. Definite grass IMO.

I was waiting for it haha! My only experience of the police was a poor one tbh. There's a cycle path out the back of my house that runs along the back of loads of houses and I saw a car park in my street and 3 guys wearing all black (and black wooly hats/balaclavas ffs!) go up onto the path empty handed. Thought it was a bit weird so went out and had a quick look at the car and took the number plate and then saw them a bit later coming back with a couple of full bin bags so either they went up and collected a shitload of firewood or they'd robbed a house. So phoned the police who came out and took details etc but tbh they acted as if it was a hassle and I'd just annoyed them by reporting a probable burglary.

But I still didn't assume that every other police officer was an arsehole based on that one experience.

So, overall, I actually was a grass.

Never been in trouble with the polis

Had my name taken for taking one of their hats and putting it on when I was 16 years old and pished and that's it

If anything I've found them to be extremely helpful, been taxi'd up the road by them a few times through the years when they've seen me staggering up the West Port blootered at 3am

I actually thought it might be something I'd like to do when younger but as I got older I realised that it wouldn't be for me

100% this. This and his definition on the 'mates' thread about when and where you are allowed to meet new friends makes me think he's had a double dipped acid today.

Don't remember posting anything about when and where you are "allowed" to make mates other than saying you aren't going to make mates being in a nightclub by yourself.

Never been in trouble with the polis

Had my name taken for taking one of their hats and putting it on when I was 16 years old and pished and that's it

If anything I've found them to be extremely helpful, been taxi'd up the road by them a few times through the years when they've seen me staggering up the West Port blootered at 3am

I actually thought it might be something I'd like to do when younger but as I got older I realised that it wouldn't be for me

If you'd touched a coppers hat, he would kick seven shades of shite out you, then lift you. I think you've been reading too much Oor Wullie.

I've had good and bad experiences with them. I've had a free lift back to my hotel/train station because they must have though I was a sorry state of a man, just too drunk really.

On the other hand, they caught me with slightly less than a gram on me and hammered me, so they're all c***s.

Is this honestly something that happens in the UK, people getting a lift home from the police if they're drunk? Because of my intelligence and robust work ethic, I was always able to afford a taxi home if I was in a bit of a state but honestly, that's surprising to me that they'd do that rather than lock you up for the night, which is invariably what happens here. Not too long ago I picked up a friend of mine from the cells and he'd received a kicking there because apparently he had a bit of lipstick on his face from the night before, and this was deemed "fag" behavior.

Not too long ago I picked up a friend of mine from the cells and he'd received a kicking there because apparently he had a bit of lipstick on his face from the night before, and this was deemed "fag" behavior.

Just out of curiosity, what did he get arrested for?

Just out of curiosity, what did he get arrested for?

He was drunk on the street. He'd had a fight with his girlfriend (who at the time lived a few doors down from me) and had been trying to get in and calling her mobile around 30 times but the gate to her building was locked and she wouldn't let him in, cops saw him standing there and lifted him because he was drunk. (Public intoxication, as you can tell, usually means a night in the cells in Dallas.) He wasn't arrested or taken in for badgering his girlfriend, I don't think they knew about that part, just the PI charge.

My girlfriend's brother was lifted for being drunk in the street in Texas as well. Hilarious that you can be locked up or fined for that. Especially since it's a massive place and can surely be a hassle getting to and from places.

My girlfriend's brother was lifted for being drunk in the street in Texas as well. Hilarious that you can be locked up or fined for that. Especially since it's a massive place and can surely be a hassle getting to and from places.

Public intoxication charge is a kind of catch all when either you're being a dick or the cops just can't be fucked and you're heading for a night in the cells whatever happens. Kinda like breach of the peace in the UK

Why didn't he immediately make a complaint that he'd been the victim of homophobic insults and physical assault?

He did.

It's Texas. They would probably shoot him for making a complaint.

Nah they listened to it but I doubt anything came of it, certainly I never heard anything about it. When I picked him up he was far more upset about the girlfriend situation so we were kinda focused on that, plus getting him back to his car.

It was a work day so I took him back to my home office and made him stand while I sat on my swivel chair and ate a slice of 7-Eleven pizza. He was very upset so I later wheeled in another chair.

Once got stopped at a xmas drink drive pull over, coned-off type arrangement in Costorphine literally about 20 seconds after I'd sparked a joint. It was 3 am, I had just finished work and I just put the window down and handed the young copper who walked to the door, my keys, the spliff and the small amount of weed I had. After I blew negative for booze I had to wait 2 hours standing in the freezing cold for 2 traffic cops to turn up and do what at the time was the brand new roadside impairment tests, which I passed with flying colours. The test for weed is guessing 30 seconds and according to their stopwatch my time was 29.7 seconds :) Still got a caution for possession but no motoring offence. I'd be fucked now with the swab test etc.

The whole time waiting, the two beat cops were nice as f**k, we chatted and as I was just wearing a shirt and it was -5 in December they gave me one of their jackets out their car to keep me warm. The traffic guys were knobs, and a bit raging I had passed all their fingers to nose, one foot in front of the other pish. But no hassle and traffic c***s are specifically bred in vats to make them anti-social and furious with humanity.

I was bang to rights, so I was polite, apologetic and the beat cops were equally nice in kind. That has been my experience in all of my dealings with the fuzz, whether in the wrong or not. Just don't be a dick and usually neither will they. Except at the footy of course, where the best and only advice is to avoid interaction like the plague. Especially as a sheep shagger, extra especially in Glasgow. Some horse b*****d smacked me with his massive wooden sword when I was 13 for the crime of waiting outside a bus near Parkhead.

Archived