Hibernian v St Mirren. 26/9/15

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I can speak for all Hibs fans when I say we really, really (is a third one merited? Yes, I think so) really aren't gutted that Goodwin didn't move to Edinburgh :lol:

Keep in mind that you're hearing "Goody" ran the show from Lex - a man who's knowledge about footballl could be scribed on a Lothian bus ticket.

I think I can speak for all Hibs fans when I say we really, really (is a third one merited? Yes, I think so) really aren't gutted that Goodwin didn't move to Edinburgh :lol:

Keep in mind that you're hearing "Goody" ran the show from Lex - a man who's knowledge about footballl could be scribed on a Lothian bus ticket.

Got to disagree, he would have been a good leader for us when we wanted him.

Also, his job as was St Mirren's to stop us playing - he did that best on the pitch - hence he did run the show.

Got to disagree, he would have been a good leader for us when we wanted him.

Also, his job as was St Mirren's to stop us playing - he did that best on the pitch - hence he did run the show.

He didn't stop us playing at all. We had all the ball and created the chances to win the game. Goodwin had nothing to do with Boyle, Malonga and Fontaine fluffing their lines.

IIRC, he whipped in a few decent free kick crosses to be fair to him. Wouldn't have him at Hibs in a million years though.

Not really though because the improvement is night and day compared to the previous "manager"

Until Stubbs manages Hibs in the top flight, how can you compare them? Something that is looking increasingly unlikely to happen because of the poor job he is doing.

Really, you don't think Stubbs is doing a better job than Butcher? You're at it.

I'm not comparing them. Butcher was obviously terrible for Hibs but what has Stubbs done that makes him so fantastic? I'm struggling to understand why he still seems to have widespread support - horsed 6-2 at home by Rangers and out of the race for the title before October is pretty poor.

I'm not sure why what Hibs fans think of Stubbs causes so much seethe tbh - every dicussion around Hibs has people frothing about the guy.

As it goes, I don't think anyone think he's "so fantastic". Finishing in the playoffs was what every bookie in the country would've had us down for last year and realistically, that's what we ought to be doing this year. If we don't make it up either time, then questions definitely ought to be asked. There's no logic whatsoever in going straight to that stage before it's happened, or raging at him because he didn't turn the complete shambles he inherited into a team that beats Rangers out of the division in his first 10 months.

Doing a decent rebuilding job but needs to turn it into tangible success soon - that's where I'm at.

I'm not sure why what Hibs fans think of Stubbs causes so much seethe tbh - every dicussion around Hibs has people frothing about the guy.

As it goes, I don't think anyone think he's "so fantastic". Finishing in the playoffs was what every bookie in the country would've had us down for last year and realistically, that's what we ought to be doing this year. If we don't make it up either time, then questions definitely ought to be asked. There's no logic whatsoever in going straight to that stage before it's happened, or raging at him because he didn't turn the complete shambles he inherited into a team that beats Rangers out of the division in his first 10 months.

Doing a decent rebuilding job but needs to turn it into tangible success soon - that's where I'm at.

Fair enough.

I'm not seething - genuinely interested as to why he seems to be getting such an easy ride of it.

Stubbs is a funny one.

If we where in the top league and he was putting together an excellent young side with years of potential then yeah he's doing a cracking job.

His job primarily must be to get us in the top flight though and it's not happening. Maybe he's having to do that with the clubs new policy of brining in young ambitious hungry players.

Ultimately, if we don't go up this year he must be sacked.

He didn't stop us playing at all. We had all the ball and created the chances to win the game. Goodwin had nothing to do with Boyle, Malonga and Fontaine fluffing their lines.

IIRC, he whipped in a few decent free kick crosses to be fair to him. Wouldn't have him at Hibs in a million years though.

He put our midfielders off their game. McGinn particularly which wasn't a surprise.

Archived