Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Well i am disappointed in you's maybe if they had the full backing of the nation they might get somewhere instead of seeing people not supporting them cos they're suposedly pish.

Agreed. I just can't fathom people who are obviously football supporters but yet don't support their national team. As for the reason being because Scotland are pish this is coming from a St. Mirren fan and a St. Johnstone fan. Two clubs who haven't exactly served up consistently good football over the years. So why do you bother to support them? Reynard goes so far as to say he won't even watch Scotland on TV. I just don't get it.

Edited by H Wragg

Agreed. I just can't fathom people who are obviously football supporters but yet don't support their national team. As for the reason being because Scotland are pish this is coming from a St. Mirren fan and a St. Johnstone fan. Two clubs who haven't exactly served up consistently good football over the years. So why do you bother to support them? Reynard goes so far as to say he won't even watch Scotland on TV. I just don't get it.

True, i mean i live out here yet i support Scotland but i dont get to see them play so much but when i get the chance i get up at ridiculous times like 2am to watch them play and i own 3 Scotland strips at the moment and then to think that someone over there could'nt care less about them and wont even watch them play on the telly thats bad, they dont realise how easy they get it over there and some people wish they could see Scotland play every match. They get heaps of Scotland merchandise and all of Scotlands games on telly, i wish i could have that.

Edited by Bluenose5

True, i mean i live out here yet i support Scotland but i dont get to see them play so much but when i get the chance i get up at ridiculous times like 2am to watch them play and i own 3 Scotland strips at the moment and then to think that someone over there could'nt care less about them and wont even watch them play on the telly thats bad, they dont realise how easy they get it over there and some people wish they could see Scotland play every match.

I thought you supported Australia? :unsure:

I do think it's a shame that people wouldn't support Scotland because "they're pish", or because they are embarassed at the antics of the kilt and desert boots brigade. I can understand anyone who doesn't feel patriotic, it's not for me to say what people should believe in etc. Someone like David supporting Spain is fair enough to me, it's really no different to my own "support" of Barcelona.

Although I go to most Scotland games at home, and have been away to a couple, I do squirm at the focus on drunken wacky behaviour at times, and the over the top hatred of the English. But I will always want Scotland to win because they are representing the country I am from. Similarly, I want Andy Murray to do well purely because he's Scottish, but want other Brits to do well in tennis and every other sport. There's no point trying to explain it, it's not really a rational choice.

Guest Twynholm

True, i mean i live out here yet i support Scotland but i dont get to see them play so much but when i get the chance i get up at ridiculous times like 2am to watch them play and i own 3 Scotland strips at the moment and then to think that someone over there could'nt care less about them and wont even watch them play on the telly thats bad, they dont realise how easy they get it over there and some people wish they could see Scotland play every match. They get heaps of Scotland merchandise and all of Scotlands games on telly, i wish i could have that.

You sir are a true fan :) Next time your up for a Scotland game gies us a shout and ill buy you a pint

Guest Twynholm

No worries pal ;) one day i will make my way over to see a Scotland game.

Well that for me is commitment. How long is a flight from Australia to Scotland?

But I have little interest in football outside of St.Mirren. I go to St.Mirren games out of habit,not because they are any good.

The Scottish national side doesnt interest me at all.

To call anybody names and tell them they have a "ridiculous" attitude because they do not support Scotland is the only ridiculous thing around here.

It's my opinion, and I'm allowed it.

If you don't support Scotland then there's no problem, but it's the fact that David W prefers Spain to them. A joke IMO.

I wish to be made totally separate from Twynholm's comments, I think he was talking shit last night.

Guest Twynholm

When i went to Scotland over a year ago to visit all my relatives it took 23hrs to get there.

FFS :o

I wish to be made totally separate from Twynholm's comments, I think he was talking shit last night.

I know i was and isnt it amazing how easily some folk are wound up

I have to say I'm very wound up by David W's stance on the national team. I just don't get it! :blink:

I'm tempted to say it's almost 'glory-hunting' but then again Spain aren't very good so...

Edited by dubya

Guest Twynholm

I have to say I'm very wound up by David W's stance on the national team. I just don't get it! :blink:

Im not wound up i just think he is "strange"

It's my opinion, and I'm allowed it.

If you don't support Scotland then there's no problem, but it's the fact that David W prefers Spain to them. A joke IMO.

Why is it a joke? I like Spain in the same way I like Betis or Milan - because I like the players and style of football. I've got nothing against Scotland, I even enjoyed watching them gub Bulgaria, but in general the only real reason to follow Scotland is if you're patriotic, which I certainly am not.

FFS :o

God, he's STILL going on :rolleyes:

Guest Twynholm

Why is it a joke? I like Spain in the same way I like Betis or Milan - because I like the players and style of football. I've got nothing against Scotland, I even enjoyed watching them gub Bulgaria, but in general the only real reason to follow Scotland is if you're patriotic, which I certainly am not.

God, he's STILL going on :rolleyes:

Why are you not patriotic though? :unsure: