Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

In Henman's defence, his four semi losses were against Sampras (twice), Hewitt and Ivanisevic, who all went on to eventually claim the title. Although, he probably should have beaten Goran in 2001 when he was 2-1 up in sets.

I too will spring to Henman's defence. He's been the best British male tennis player in the last 30/40 years by a country mile. He's often unfairly labelled a "nearly man" which I find distasteful. After all, he has been a positive role model for the sport over here and has conducted himself as a gentleman. Nobody else in recent memory can approach his success on court.

I too will spring to Henman's defence. He's been the best British male tennis player in the last 30/40 years by a country mile. He's often unfairly labelled a "nearly man" which I find distasteful. After all, he has been a positive role model for the sport over here and has conducted himself as a gentleman. Nobody else in recent memory can approach his success on court.

Good post.

The only people who think Henman hasn't achieved much are idiot Britons who think tennis only lasts for 2 weeks a year on grass.

If Murray has as good a career as Henman he will have done very well.

Guest Spanky Rodriguez

Yip, he might have the personality of a German accountant but he's not done too badly for himself. Hasn't he won something like $10 million in prize money alone????? :o

Yip, he might have the personality of a German accountant but he's not done too badly for himself. Hasn't he won something like $10 million in prize money alone????? :o

It was all from Persil ;)

Tim Henman is obviously a very successful sportsman.

Guest Spanky Rodriguez

And his clothes are whiter than most thanks to the new advanced Persil washing tablets that he uses :)

And his clothes are whiter than most thanks to the new advanced Persil washing tablets that he uses :)

What a shite thing for a sportsman to advertise :lol:

Actually, Tim Henman made allhis £10,000,000 smuggling cocaine and heroin aroundthe tour, using his 'Tiger Tim' nice-guy image to cover up the Pablo Escobar-esque truth.

if Murray continues improving year on year he should be in the final by the age of 22-23. Pretty good I'd say - although obviously it doesn't always work like that.

I do think he needs a coach soon though.

Yeah, I hope all the young tennis players in the country followed his example and blasted tennis balls into the faces of young ball girls in a hissy fit of temper.

Guest Tomsk The Beano

Rather than that than being a spoilt oik who continually cusses when he loses a point and who goes crying to mama when he loses a match.

Yeah, I hope all the young tennis players in the country followed his example and blasted tennis balls into the faces of young ball girls in a hissy fit of temper.

Except he didn't.

He hit the ball without looking in that direction and was just unfortunate that the ball girl had moved across the court at that point, where he wasnt expecting her to be.

It really annoys me when people slag off old Timmy Ra - not only has he enjoyed prolonged success at Wimbledon, but he's also won a multitude of tour events and appeared in the semi finals of two of the other three grand slams.

Also, how long was he ranked in the top twenty for?

• 1 month later...
Guest thefamousphilosifer
Murray on live on Sky Sports Extra right now.

Just won the first set of his QF against Nieminen of Finland in the Toronto Masters and looking good. :)

Serving for the match now :)