Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Pity, was really hoping Murray would get Wawrinka. He should beat Raonic ok, Nishikori has been in great form so that will be a tough match. Murray is more than capable of winning all 3 if he can hit top form.

Edited by peasy23

Tougher draw than it could have been.

Federer over Djokovic is the better game for Murray, no doubt, but I think he would have picked the other two if he could. Wawrinka is a disaster right now and would be a preference to Nishikori, and he beat Cilic very comfortably recently.

Novak got a nice draw, but to be honest I would have rather he missed Novak and faced Federer. I would have preferred Wawrinka over Nishikori and Cilic over Raonic but it isn't bad. Nishikori errors too much if given enough balls, so even if Murray decided to push all game I think he wins. Murray has fucked up in all matches lost against Raonic being a break up in all two he lost(not counting the clay match as Murray is so bad on clay). . He easily beat him in the major they faced.

Could have been worse, but could have been easier. Having Wawrinka and Raonic, would have made the easiest group for Murray in my opinion.

Nishikori up first for Murray, I can't see anything else for Murray, so hopefully it is Roger last.

I would like to see him elect to serve first. When he wins the toss he always elects to receive. So come the end of the set at 5-4 it will be his opponent serving to save the set. Especially against better opponents.

His first service % was too low to compete effectively today. Nishikori's service was very poor also but he attacked Murray's far more effectively. At times on second serve Murray steps in too far, instead of a full step even half a step inside the court would allow him more time for a better connection.

To advance now he really needs to win both times with one match in straight sets. Murray went out with two wins in 09.

Yeah it was an utter doing. I switched it off in the second set as it was that one sided.

He also gets beat by cilic and Djokovic rather easily too, so it wouldn't be a surprise to see him lose all three.

Wawrinka has been horrid since the US open, and it will be interesting to see if he can beat cilic. However the court is that slow he probably will beat cilic.

Murray needs a performance tomorrow, raonic leads the head to head 3-1. Still undecided who I want to win between nishikori and Federer. Probably best if Roger wins. Would mean raonic could still qualify going into the last rubbers (if Murray was to beat raonic)

Watching a bit of this ATP finals lark. Andrew castle is an embarrasment, critising players he wouldnt even win a point against. And his jokes are sh1te. How this cretin keeps his job is beyond me.

The BBC coverage is a joke, the only good person on it is Tim Henman. Sky coverage is far superior, but they still have Barry Cowan to bring their average down. But John Inverdale and Andrew Castle are very poor, don't give any tactical analysis into the match nor give any insight as to how a player could change their game plan to increase their chances of winning. Although I think John Inverdale is with ITV for their French Open coverage now.

Nishikori played as poorly against Federer as he did against Murray but Federer kept his error count to a minimum and let Kei error away. A 6-3 6-2 victory helps Murray as if he was to get a win against Raonic in straight sets, it would mean than Raonic could still qualify by beating Nishikori in straight sets. In that scenario Murray could get through just by taking a set Vs Federer or losing two tight sets. Still think it is a bit harsh seperating players by games won and lost especially since it is largely dependent on who serves first. Nishikori lost as set today with one break 6-3. Murray lost both his sets by a break 6-4. I would like to see them seperated by breaks difference.