Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Having seen Nadal over his last five matches on clay, I think he will need to slow down his schedule. His movement today was very lacklusture, and seemed to struggle at times. He was going for the lines earlier and he was missing a lot in the first set. He now has to play a second match today. Ramos +6.5 games is 5/6. Seems a decent bet.

Having seen Nadal over his last five matches on clay, I think he will need to slow down his schedule. His movement today was very lacklusture, and seemed to struggle at times. He was going for the lines earlier and he was missing a lot in the first set. He now has to play a second match today. Ramos +6.5 games is 5/6. Seems a decent bet.

he never does, he's a greedy b*****d, wants to win everything and then complains about the schedule when he fucks up his body

idiotic doesn't even come close to describing him at times.

Florian Mayer today for Andy. Around 5pm I reckon. Don't know much about the German. He got to the Wimbledon QF's last year or the year before if memory serves.

I thought Mayer was a bit unlucky not to take a set. The angles he was hitting some of his shots were tremendous. Murray was breathing out his arse in that first set tie break! Managed to grind out the victory. Not overly impressive but his ability to dog out the win was encouraging after his rather meek defeat to Wawrinka last time out.

Andy Murray's record against Simon is very one sided. Simon won their first encounter in 2007 on clay but hasn't won since. Murray leads 10-1. In that ten matches Simon has won only two sets. They have met four times on clay with Murray leading 3-1. Murray matches up well with Simon so you would think it would be a great chance to advance. As Murray never played Madrid last year, a win over Simon will see him gain 180 points and that will be enough to see him rise to No.2 in the world, irrespective of what Federer achieves.

I can't see Federer getting to the Final this year, let alone winning it again.

It was a cracking match. Showtime gave Nadal a run for his money on clay earlier this year, so it isn't that big a surprise. He also served for the set against Djokovic at Indian Wells but had an episode with bottle there. A shock but Dimitrov looks like he could really break through this year. With more money going to tennis players that get beat in the earlier rounds, we should see more players breaking through and being able to play the bigger tournaments.

Donksoy, Rosol and Dimitov have all shown more promise this year than anyone did last year. Plus with Del Potro and Wawrinka starting to work their forehands more, mens tennis is looking better from 5th-50th for the forseeable future. Although 1st-4th is of an obscene standard.

Was a bit worried how knackered Andy looked. He has been training there so should be used to the climate by now?

He was saying yesterday it's more the altitude that he needs to get used to, hence being out of breath. Mayer was out of breath too in a lot of the points.