Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

He's pretty much ditched Hibs now though hasn't he.

I think his book says he's an Arsenal fan.

Very true and there are links between Arsenal and Rangers so hardly suprising and this supports my theory. I don't care who he supports. I just can't stand hypocrisy and disingenuousness.

That'd explain you saying it once. It doesn't explain you deciding to stick with that and act like others are wrong for thinking otherwise.

It's happened very time I've said it. Think I'm up to five separate occasions now. You can't risk the fate gods thinking you're playing them though, got to be convincing

You're right. Murray's BS about being a Hibs fan is chronic. Have you ever seen him with a Hibs scarf or top or attend a game?

Nope? Correctomundo

Very true and there are links between Arsenal and Rangers so hardly suprising and this supports my theory. I don't care who he supports. I just can't stand hypocrisy and disingenuousness.

I dont think Andy Murray really cares what you think about his football allegiances to be fair. Andy Murray will quite probably retire as the greatest sportsman this country has ever produced, yet so many people are quick to criticise him with such utter trivia.

Seamus. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Andy Murray could say "I support both sides of the Old Firm at the same time and f**k all the diddies" and I don't think I'd give a shit.

He won't though because he's spinning this Hibs fans nonsense and yet during an interview he said he'd prefer Rangers to Celtic. You support GM so if someone asked you to choose between the OF, would you say anything?

You see what I mean?

Team GB won a Davis Cup tie. Both Ward and Evans were unlucky to lose in five sets on Friday, but both won their singles today. Andy Murray said he would play in the next round. I bet he's gutted he will have to play now!

If Murray plays you would have to think GB will have a good chance of getting back into the World Group as Britain has a few decent doubles players at the moment. If you assume Murray will win his two matches then they should be able to scrape a 3-2 win against most countries with a victory in the doubles.

Read a few comments on the BBC saying that Murray shouldn't get straight back in the team :lol:

Granted we won so it doesn't really matter, but with Murray looking to prepare for the clay court season, why couldn't the LTA put a clay court down if Murray guaranteed he'd play on it. Even if he was only using it as preparation, he's still good enough to beat the vast majority of players over 5 sets. Would be good practice for the likes of Colin Fleming ahead of the French Open as well.

The only times he has played in it recently was to qualify for the Olympics. He sees it as getting in the way of his tennis career. Even though he has committed to playing the Davis Cup in September the ties come immediately after the US Open so I wouldn't be surprised to see him pull out due to needing recovery time. Especially if it is played on clay.

I see GB drew an away tie with Croatia. I believe Croatia normally elect to play on clay, so switching to clay straight after the US Open and then switching back on to hard courts immediately after will probably see Murray not play this match.

GB did really well to beat Russia from 2-0 down to win and Murray said he would be back for the next tie.

But saying that I think if Murray does well again in the US Open the week before this Davis Cup tie I can see him pulling out.

Croatia is a tough tie especially because its away but Italy pulled of a shock to beat them but Italy was at home.

Here is the results from that tie.

P. LORENZI 1-6 7-6 6-4 3-6 2-6 M. CILIC
A. SEPPI 6-2 6-7 6-4 6-4 I. DODIG
S. BOLELLI / F. FOGNINI 3-6 6-1 6-3 7-6 M. CILIC / I. DODIG
A. SEPPI 3-6 3-6 5-7 M. CILIC
F. FOGNINI 4-6 6-4 6-4 6-4 I. DODIG
While I looked at this result it said this match was played on clay so it will be interested to see what surface Croatia will choice to play the match against GB.