Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

I've been quite critical of Murray last year but I've been happy to eat some humble pie so far this season.

Fatigue though? Not really buying that one, I hope no one got a bit excited and bet on him for RG!

If he's knackered after 2 weeks of 3 setters (most of which were over pretty quickly) there's no way he's going all the way at the FO.

I think he's been too busy consummating his marriage/trying to make a mini-Murray. :lol:

To be fair, he's basically had 2 days off in the last 3 weeks, and both of them were spent travelling. If you're looking to place blame, place it at the door of the Munich weather.

To be fair, he's basically had 2 days off in the last 3 weeks, and both of them were spent travelling. If you're looking to place blame, place it at the door of the Munich weather.

Djokovic skipped Madrid to stop himself being fatigued. He also had an intensive training camp in Barcelona ten days before he started in Munich. I think he should have skipped the whole tournament instead of withdrawing after one match.

Nadal with his defeat will be seeded 7th or 8th in the French Open. He just did enough by beating his R16 opponent. If he exited to Isner and Wawrinka won Rome he would have dropped to ninth if Ferrer also made the Final. With the way Nadal is playing you could see him making heavy weather of the earlier rounds and meeting Djokovic in the QF. A defeat there could see him slip out of the top ten. He hasn't beaten a top ten player off clay since Jan 2014.

Nadal doesn't quite look the same player anymore. I think he needs a rethink in his game. When Federer had his bad year in 2013 and Murray had his in 2014 you could see that they were almost there. They just needed a rebuild in confidence, and some slight tweaking to get back into the top four. I don't have the same confidence in Nadal. To get the decima would probably be his greatest achivement, considering how far he has fallen.

Edited by Loki

• 4 weeks later...

The draw for Queens is out and Murray has a very interesting draw. A Qualifier to begin with, and then a potential clash with Verdasco, then Dimitrov (current champion), Cilic and then Nadal/Wawrinka.

Edited by Loki

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Davis Cup Quarter-Finals starts Tomorrow.

Great Britain v France

Australia v Kazakhstan

Argentina v Serbia

Belgium v Canada

The line up for Great Britain v France

Friday

James Ward v Gilles Simon

Andy Murray v Jo-Wilfried Tsonga

Saturday

Dominic Inglot & Jamie Murray v Richard Gasquet & Nicolas Mahut

Sunday

Andy Murray v Gilles Simon