Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Don't think I've ever enjoyed watching a doubles match until todays game.the atmosphere was superb with the French fans contributing aswell.the murrays were deserved winners and hopefully Andy wins his match tomorrow-wouldn't like to see it depending on Ward beating Tsonga.

MTF guys say GB are favourites for the cup now

Its looking good for GB if they get the job done against France Tomorrow then hopefully playing a Semi-Final against Kazakhstan or Australia.

Belgium & Argentina have already qualified for the Semi-Finals as both have unassailable 3-0 leads against Canada & Serbia.

I hope Kazakhstan win. Just put it on grass because I doubt they have a great grass court pedigree. We could easily see a doubles win and/or Wardy winning a rubber

Australia would probably beat us unless we could win the doubles

Would we be at home for the final?

I hope Kazakhstan win. Just put it on grass because I doubt they have a great grass court pedigree. We could easily see a doubles win and/or Wardy winning a rubber

Australia would probably beat us unless we could win the doubles

Would we be at home for the final?

Kazakhstan are currently beating Australia on grass (although the Aussies are 1 set up in the 4th rubber).

The Australian team is a bit of a clusterfuck at the moment - Tomic and Kyrgios both seem to have massive problems with Tennis Australia. Tomic was dropped for this tie despite being the highest ranked Australian, while Kyrgios lost his first match and was then dropped for the second lot of singles matches.

Edited by craigkillie

He already had when you posted that.

Australia win the tie 3-2 and will face either GB (away) or France (home) in the SF.

Great opportunity for GB (Andy Murray) to win the whole thing. Belgium or Argentina in the final are decent opponents but Murray will be heavily favoured in any singles match from here on, and we've got some strong doubles combinations to pick from as well.

Having had a look at both Belgium and Argentina. It's a simple case of they've for 1 guy in he top 20/30 and the rest are all around the 60/70/80 mark, so very beatable. Plus they don't have dedicated doubles players, just the same singles guys. That makes all the difference as far as I'm concerned. It showed yesterday with the French. It's a different game and if you're not up to speed with it. Andy Murray can cover some of the difference due to his volleying, return and speed, but Tsonga would never make a doubles player as far as I'm concerned.

Guest Flash

Do you think that girl with the Union Jack Spiderman outfit has got three of them or has washed and dried the same one every day?

Edited by Flash