Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

The LTA obviously think the same which is why we now have Bedene as the 'British' no.2.

The LTA have absolutely no say in who is British no.2. Bedene exercised his right to British citizenship and now represents GB. LTA could not have stopped him or had any input into it.

The LTA have absolutely no say in who is British no.2. Bedene exercised his right to British citizenship and now represents GB. LTA could not have stopped him or had any input into it.

Sorry, my mistake. I assumed it was like athletics were you usually get the support of the governing body. Why would Bedene change nationalities if it wasn't advantageous to him somehow?

Sorry, my mistake. I assumed it was like athletics were you usually get the support of the governing body. Why would Bedene change nationalities if it wasn't advantageous to him somehow?

As he lives in GB and pays tax in GB. He did try to represent GB in the Davis Cup but that has been denied as he played two dead rubbers for Slovenia. The only advantage he gets I assume would be visa wise as he is a GB citizen.

The LTA offered incentives for Novak Djokovic and his two brothers to move to GB. After two years they would have been eligible to represent GB in the Davis Cup. At no point was Djokovic ever going to represent GB but the LTA actively pursued this for a quite a time.

Greg Rusedski was already living in the UK (he had an English mother) when the LTA pursued him to represent GB.

Cheers for the enlightenment Loki!

He got injured. And he's always had an issue with training and commitment. He's basically a wee boy in a man's body. Talented but completely incapable of working hard enough to be successful.

A bit like yourself then?

Although with Glasgow University as your team you could be a wee boy in a wee boys body!! :lol:

Edited by Tommy Nooka

Apologies as I'm sure this has likely been covered before, but how come we keep getting home advantage for all these ties?

It's to do with the last time you played your opponent. If you played them away, then you get to play them at home the next time.

We went to Australia in 2003 and Argentina more recently so the next time we meet those teams it would be at home. We played Belgium at home last time we met them so next time they get home advantage

If you've never played a team before then it's done by a draw of lots

I just seen this on my twitter timeline today. A very interesting proposition. Dimitrov is coachless since binning Roger Rasheed. Dimitrov has a lot of untapped potential, I am not sure Lendl could turn him into a slam winner, but it would be an intriguing one. Guaranteed that Murray would never lose to Grigor with Lendl as his coach.

CKiCENmWsAEKNd3.jpg

Edited by Loki

Guaranteed that Murray would never lose to Grigor with Lendl as his coach.

I think that's still debatable. With Grigor's huge forehand, anything could happen. Just like a haymaker on boxing, but multiple ones.

Dimitrov is the most overhyped tennis player in a long time. I would confidently put money on him never getting close to a grand slam. Listening to commentators w**k him off every match he played in the last year has been horrendous. He is the Partick Thistle of tennis players.

I think that's still debatable. With Grigor's huge forehand, anything could happen. Just like a haymaker on boxing, but multiple ones.

Murray is better than Dimitrov at everything. Murray has the biggest forehand on tour recorded at 122mph. He just elects to go for precision over power. Dimitrov just blasts and errors all the time. Lendl would reduce that power and go for precision. So immediately the skill you state would see him win would be diminished.

Murray is unbelievably determined. There is no way he will lose to Lendl. Just like he has turned the Berdych match up around since Dani took over as his coach.

Dimitrov is the most overhyped tennis player in a long time. I would confidently put money on him never getting close to a grand slam. Listening to commentators w**k him off every match he played in the last year has been horrendous. He is the Partick Thistle of tennis players.

What a dreadful comparison. The Partick Thistle of tennis players would be someone achieving just about what they should be, all the while being pretty much ignored by the media. Maybe a Gilles Simon or someone bland like that.

And yes, Dimitrov is a mug.

What a dreadful comparison. The Partick Thistle of tennis players would be someone achieving just about what they should be, all the while being pretty much ignored by the media. Maybe a Gilles Simon or someone bland like that.

And yes, Dimitrov is a mug.

He's the Ross County of tennis. Things go to shite and he chucks everyone and gets new people in!

He has a lot of potential. He won two junior grand slams and has looked superb at times. Rasheed got him fit and he started to win tournaments but Rasheed didn't really work on the technical aspects of his game. He hasn't improved technique wise since breaking on to the scene in 2013 with a great win over Djokovic. Would be interesting to see if he can improve to at least get back to SF of Masters and Slams.

Nadal was back in action today and struggled a bit with Verdasco, but if Verdasco's forehand is working well anyone struggles with him. Nadal closed out the match in three.

Murray returns to action next week in the Citi Open at Washington. Under Armour mainly sponsor the event so he is playing in it for the first time since he was a teenager. He is the top seed with Nishikori, Cilic and Dimitrov making up the top four seeds. A very good event to pick up the trophy and get another 500 points (Although he'd only gain 290 in his world ranking). With him just placed about 600 points behind Federer in ranking points (US Open to now) he still has an opportunity to get that number two seeding for the US Open.

With Federer having to defend a F and a W in the two Masters pre US Open, and kind of gains are good for Murray currently. Murray lost in the QF of both Masters last year.