Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

If Andy and Leander Paes beat Anderson and Chardy in the doubles first round, they'll face Jamie Murray and Peers in the 2nd round. :lol:

Now that would be fun.

Then the winners of that could face Djokovic/Tipsarevic. Djokovic is laying doubles in both Canadian and Cincinatti masters. Hewitt and Kyrgios are teaming up in both, I would assume to help the Davis Cup team.

Edited by Loki

It was pretty cool that you could have watched Djokovic, Nadal, Murray and Berdych on the free courts today. The matches tomorrow should be pretty fun. Tommy Rebredo will be still be hurting after missing ten match points Vs Andy in the last two matches. Then the sibling rivalry.

This will be the first time in the Open era (I don't know if it has been done before that) that two brothers will have played against each other at doubles.

I hate to be pedantic but I'm sure the Bryan brothers have played against each other at mixed doubles! :P

Leander Paes might be getting on a bit but he's a multiple doubles slam winner. He's not going to go down easily, and unless Andy decides to tank it neither will he.

Its a scratch pair against an in form and regular top doubles pairing.

As I said Murray and Peers should win and will be expected to do so.

Going to try get tickets for Davis cup on the Saturday, can anyone speculate on how hard it will be to get tickets ?

Tickets go on sale for BTM members on Tuesday. Public sale of leftovers on Thurs. I don't think it will make Thursday with any left..

However.. There's still time to become a BTM member before Tuesday. Get on the website and pay 15 or 20 and guarantee yourself a ticket.

If you've been at an earlier tie you also get access to the Tuesday priority sale.

One of the great advantages being a club level player not having to pay for membership.

I'm gonna go, just no idea what day to chose. It's got to be either Friday or Saturday. Certainly the doubles atmosphere is always electric since it can be make or break. Then again you get potentially double the amount of tennis on the Friday.