Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Usually it is UK based. They just watch the feed. BT definitely do this. They kept losing the Bouchard picture and couldn't commentate on the match at all. Then when it came back they hadn't a clue what was happening, and Smith and Bartoli just nattered shite. Lief Shiras and Barry Cowan are always Uk based. They all go out for the US Open coverage.

They also sometimes just use the Tennis TV commentary

Why have Sky decided to show Nadal v Lopez on Sky Sports 2, and Murray - Dimitrov behind the red button? Literally why? This is the sort of thing that drives me up the fucking wall. Can't find a stream for it anywhere now.

edit: their finally showing it. crisis averted.

Edited by Doc Sportello

Bonkers last set. Murray broke right away to go 2-0 up, he then loses 5 on the bounce and holds hus serve for Dimitrov to serve for the match at 5-3. His arse collapsed allowing Murray back in to it and he comes out on top 7-5. Plays Gasquet in the 1/4s.

Was a brialliant match last night. Such quality. Some of the stretch volleys Dimitrov was pulling off were unthinkable. He's got to be one of - if not the outright - best athletes in the sport.

I think right now is as close as Murray has ever been to being as good as Djokovic. He looks genuinely unbeatable at the moment, his will and attitude on the court is outstanding. I really think that if he's playing well in a match, Djokovic is the only guy in the world who can beat him.

Was a brialliant match last night. Such quality. Some of the stretch volleys Dimitrov was pulling off were unthinkable. He's got to be one of - if not the outright - best athletes in the sport.

I think right now is as close as Murray has ever been to being as good as Djokovic. He looks genuinely unbeatable at the moment, his will and attitude on the court is outstanding. I really think that if he's playing well in a match, Djokovic is the only guy in the world who can beat him.

I'd say Stan is the only guy atm who could beat either of them (when he's playing well).

I would have to disagree entirely that it was a brilliant match. Although you would get a magnificent highlight reel from the match, it was generally error after error. Andy Murray was incredibly resilient last night to win that match, but against any player that was high in confidence he would have been beaten. I am still unsure how Dimitrov only won 10 games of the first 18 played. Murray was awful in this period, but you were shown glimpses of Dimitrov's fragility which would eventually cost him the match.

Dimitrov gifted Andy three breaks of serve with a double fault on break points. Again this is partly to do with the aggression Murray has shown throughout the year on player's second serves.

Murray toughed it out, was far stronger mentally, and changed strategies regularly to thwart Dimitrov. However match point down giving an opponent a tame second serve in the middle of the service box is asking for a defeat.

I thought Murray was sluggish and really lacked movement for the first half of the match and was fortunate to still be in the next round where he will face Gasquet. Gasquet always gives Murray trouble, Murray leads the head to head 5-3 but Gasquet has blown two set leads against him twice. A win tonight would mean that Federer has to win the title to overtake him in the race for number two seeding at the US Open.