Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Yeah that pretty much sums it up. :lol:

Albeit I'm gonna go for a slightly more serious tone throughout!

That was me being serious :lol:

I am particularly irritated by their deliberate attempts to muddy the waters, by playing the "we're sorry not everyone could get a ticket " card.

On top of this I heard that the ticket website briefly opened on Monday evening allowing people to purchase tickets for a limited time. I would be suspicious but the overall incompetence of the LTA suggests it wasn't deliberate. It was like this for the previous round with the crap code and lack of BTM tennis membership number requirements. If Scotland tickets went on sale in this manner there would be chaos. It's incredible really.

On top of this I heard that the ticket website briefly opened on Monday evening allowing people to purchase tickets for a limited time. I would be suspicious but the overall incompetence of the LTA suggests it wasn't deliberate. It was like this for the previous round with the crap code and lack of BTM tennis membership number requirements. If Scotland tickets went on sale in this manner there would be chaos. It's incredible really.

Someone I work with got an email saying "There's a problem with your order" and it was something to do with 3 day tickets not working right.

When she contacted the ticket factory yesterday.. they were able to give her new tickets.. in a different part of the venue, as she'd said "actually, while I'm here, the Friday tickets I have aren't in the North Stand like my Sat/Sun ones - they're Cat 3 tickets in the back corner"

"No problem" they said "We can sort that - here's 4 tickets in the Cat A section for you..."

Jeez of all the first round matches to get. Albeit the crowd are gonna be on Murray's side and he's pretty imperious at the US when he wants to be, so he should win.

Wawrinka potentially in the quarters is a stinker too.

Not on current form. All the players he could have drawn in the quarter final look pretty weak at the moment. Wawrinka is off the boil at the moment, Nishikori seems to have a few fitness doubts, and the likes of Berdych, Ferrer and Nadal will be easy meat for the top 3 at the moment. If he gets past Kyrgios, which he should, I think it'll be relatively straightforward until the semis.

Someone I work with got an email saying "There's a problem with your order" and it was something to do with 3 day tickets not working right.

When she contacted the ticket factory yesterday.. they were able to give her new tickets.. in a different part of the venue, as she'd said "actually, while I'm here, the Friday tickets I have aren't in the North Stand like my Sat/Sun ones - they're Cat 3 tickets in the back corner"

"No problem" they said "We can sort that - here's 4 tickets in the Cat A section for you..."

Not to keep harping on about this issue but there was an article in the Herald with quotes from Viagogo who were unsurprisingly unapologetic about reselling saying it was perfectly legal (ignoring the T&Cs). Out of interest I went on their site to see what was available for Scotland's upcoming games. The site blocked me from viewing anything. Even then all I could see in the greyed out area was Georgia v Scotland. It would appear it's not difficult to deal with reselling, and it's not difficult to put substantially better controls on the sales process. If there was any accountability whatsoever at the LTA someone might actually have to answer for this.

Not on current form. All the players he could have drawn in the quarter final look pretty weak at the moment. Wawrinka is off the boil at the moment, Nishikori seems to have a few fitness doubts, and the likes of Berdych, Ferrer and Nadal will be easy meat for the top 3 at the moment. If he gets past Kyrgios, which he should, I think it'll be relatively straightforward until the semis.

Wawrinka is the only one though that at the top of his game (assuming Nadal will never reach his previous heights) could cause Murray serious problems in the quarters.

I am looking forward to watching Wawrinka Murray if they both make it through. They normally have great matches. The last time they played was immediately before Murray's back surgery. Wawrinka has been out of sorts all year apart from in the Slams, so he might not make it.

The most interesting first round ties are Coric Vs Nadal and Murray Vs Kyrgios. The two most promising youngsters against the experienced pros.

From reading the previous posts about the LTA I feel sorry for any one that went to previous ties (especially the Euro-Africa zone matches) and doesn't get a ticket for this. In reality they don't really care as all the tickets get sold.