Andy Murray The Greatest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

15 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

when is the final - tried to look online and saw something about Amazon Prime at 12 midnight - surely it is later than that.

The games have been advertised as on Amazon but I haven't been able to find them. Could be they'll cover the final, otherwise it's the Tennis One app.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The games have been advertised as on Amazon but I haven't been able to find them. Could be they'll cover the final, otherwise it's the Tennis One app.

BBC have confirmed they are showing Murray's final in Sydney.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/59999512

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

BBC now going to broadcast the final on iPlayer and their website 

I suspect things could be about to get rowdy in Australia. The reasons for deporting Djokovic..

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/australia-declares-djokovic-a-risk-to-civil-order-and-public-health-20220114-p59oex.html

Edited by welshbairn

I'm beginning to think that the idiot Scott Morrison created this whole debacle to portray himself as a no messing Aussie before the election and it's backfired. All they had to do was refuse the visa because he wasn't vaccinated, the rule is simple. But he wanted more of a drama without thinking it through about mega rich Djokavic maybe getting lawyered up instead of a patsy asylum seeker. There is no way a functionary would have approved his visa without sending it up the chain for authorisation. 

Back in the Fed Court tomorrow 9.30am (10.30pm GMT 15 Jan). ND team requesting full court (3 judges) removing any right of appeal, I think. AusGov against. Judge will deliberate and advise both parities later today. 

7 minutes ago, Eednud said:

Back in the Fed Court tomorrow 9.30am (10.30pm GMT 15 Jan). ND team requesting full court (3 judges) removing any right of appeal, I think. AusGov against. Judge will deliberate and advise both parities later today. 

I suppose the ND team think there's no point of an appeal if they lose because it will be too late for Djokovich anyway. Don't know who has the advantage with 3 judges rather than 1 apart from that,  unless maybe if it has to be unanimous.

Edited by welshbairn